Kernel Panic - Page 3

Kernel Panic

Moderator: Content Developer

Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

AWESOME! I love those. I think basic geometric shapes exploding in retro-type explosions is exactly what this mod needs!

I don't know a thing about explosions in Spring though. I hope I can manage to use them.

Probably not, but is there a way to make the explosions team-colored? That would be really cool in this context.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Nope there isn't. Nanospray is the only way for sprite based teamcolor.

Weapon models however can have team color but there were some issues in the past with s3o models, no idea if they got fully fixed. So yeah it's possible to model a shot and have it appear in team color. The team color on weapon models were switching sides in the past however. The same happened to the unit preview in the upper left when it FPS mode which still happens so I assume the same applies to weapon models.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Does this remind anyone else of darwinia? :p
Shadowsage

Post by Shadowsage »

I dont often post on this forum, but i would like to say this: Do NOT implement LLTs in your mod. Once these as defenses are viable, people would rather porc up with those, and build an army while they defend.

I would keep the DT, as they represent Entrenched troop positions, but LEAVE the LLTs out please.

thank you.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Shadowsage wrote:I dont often post on this forum, but i would like to say this: Do NOT implement LLTs in your mod. Once these as defenses are viable, people would rather porc up with those, and build an army while they defend.

I would keep the DT, as they represent Entrenched troop positions, but LEAVE the LLTs out please.
Yeah, LLTs might have a huge advantage because of wreckage. It might work however, I have no idea. Same with the DT.
Boirunner

Post by Boirunner »

I'm not sure about llts. If I put them in, they would be about as expensive as a lab, so not really feasible unless you have a lot of time or many worker guys. I guess I'll try it and see.

Anyway, I've played a few more games, and the most urget fix is that big guys really need to be able to crush wreckage, as it tends to block whole sides of the playing field in late game.

I never heard of Darwinia, but their homepage has some nice images ;)

Thanks for the info, rattle. Shots in teamcolor would be great, too. I hope I'll manage that.

Check out the new screenshots in the first post!

edit:

NEW VERSION: 0.5.1

Based on the games I played, I changed around some stuff. Still the same models and sounds, though. This is just balancing stuff.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 0.5.1 FROM UNKNOWN-FILES

Changelog 0.5 -> 0.5.1
--------------------------

() Big Guys and Worker Guys can now walk over and crush wreckage.

() Worker Guys take 1/5 less time to build

() Minilab takes 1/5 more time to build

() Faction name changed from "QTs" to "Marbles" [edit: no i didn't for some reason they are called arm now. oh well, as long as it works]

() Range of Arty Guys increased by half.

() Switched around death explosions. Now labs explode with a vengeance, and Big Guys do too. Units don't fly around as much as they used too, though.

() Worker Guys can't repair anymore, and therefore can't assist the labs in building units. I never wanted them to be able to do that in the first place.

() Fixed some stuff

Known Issue: scripting error when Worker_Guy explodes: Invalid Piecenumber. I have no Idea how that happened, since I copied the model and the script from XTA and changed nothing. Since I'm hoping to replace the models soon, I'm not going to try and find that bug, so you'll have to live with the error message for now.
Last edited by Boirunner on 10 Feb 2007, 17:23, edited 3 times in total.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I've whipped together a proposal for the graphical style.

Boirunner

Post by Boirunner »

Wow! Awesome! Thats pretty much what I had in mind too!

edit: that's just a photoshop, right?

edit2: No it isn't! I completely missed the link. Wow, it even has animation and everything. I love the labs! This is fantastic.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Added the artillery and big thing, link remains the same:

Boirunner

Post by Boirunner »

I like! I like!

I'll do a new release with KDR_11ks models in the next few days. And we'll need a new name, one that's not copyrighted.

Any suggestions?
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Insane little glass balls?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Biorunner's Confounding Contraption of Deadly Mayhem, Horrid Violence and Absurd Tactics Part One, the Motion Picture II.

Or, for short, BCCDMHVATPOMPII
Boirunner

Post by Boirunner »

Guessmyname wrote:ILGB
Meh, not catchy enough...
Zoombie wrote:BCCDMHVATPOMPII
Now that's what I call catchy :lol: :lol:

edit: more suggestions please!
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round..... (What? Little Guys are these ball thingies, right? :P)

Tr0nWarz (oh wait, that's IP, never mind then)

CyberDeath

Spamfeeest..... Iiiin..... CYYYBEEERSPAAAAACE!!!

Viral Infection

Drastic Firewall

DOS Boot Error

BootLoader Failed To Boot

Please Defrag Immediately

Heck No! (Why? Because. :-) )

No More KrogothSpam

Eery Scenery

My Own Little World
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World(Of Combat)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

The Madness Machine.

(name must include Madness because it's a Madness gametype)
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Polygonz! (madness) - PM

Shrapnel! (madness) - SM - ewww!

Cabbage is really sexy and should be our leader, he saves us from madness! - CIRSASBOLHSUFM bit long perhaps ^^

Pixel madness - PM again

MegaHurtz madness - MM

ughhhh.... dont call it madness, then you can have a nice simple name such as Blocks :P (and you could have called the map bitmap) ^^
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The current octaeder script is meant for a burst of four shots with a 0.25 burstrate (i.e. what you currently see in the test mod), it'd look weird with anything else (and the published one has a slight bug that makes the shots and animation not sync up, I've fixed that in the version on my HD). What kind of behaviour would you like for that thing?

As for a name, Kernel Panic?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Boirunner, do you want me to put in some effects for you? If you fire a version to me friday I will see if I can add them for you on the weekend.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

I didn't mind Madness. Or SPAM, with some crushingly witty acronym.

Return to “Kernel Panic”