Mac Binary Release - Page 7

Mac Binary Release

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

Aurelio

Post by Aurelio »

I'm back. I tried the last binary with update. I still have the crash. Nothing has appeared in the "infolog.txt".

Here is a screenshot taken after the freeze:

As you can see, I was just flying around. There was an advanced shipyard and all others units were resting. (Map=DireStrights, mod:XTA v8.1)
kiwi-flyer

Post by kiwi-flyer »

That sript still had the same problem sorry
Think it may be a problem with the AI in general though because I found that all the AI test scripts already in the game cause the same quit to desktop.
In the commanders one the other commander just stands there too.

Infolog:

Using read-write data directory: /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/
Using script GlobalAI test (KAI-0.22.dylib)
Map: SmallDivide.smf
Mod: "XTA v8.1" from XTAPE.sd7
You are missing an OpenGL extension needed to use shadowmaps (fragment_program_shadow)
Loading step `Opening map file' took 0.311 seconds
Loading step `Creating surface normals' took 0.079 seconds
Loading step `Loading detail textures' took 0.143 seconds
Loading step `Creating overhead texture' took 0.018 seconds
Loading step `Creating ground shading' took 0.125 seconds
Loading step `Loading tile file' took 0.539 seconds
Loading step `Reading tiles' took 0.022 seconds
Loading step `Reading tile map' took 0.266 seconds
Number of damage types: 5
Loading step `Creating projectile texture' took 0.446 seconds
Loading step `Loading units and weapons' took 4.326 seconds
Loading step `Initializing map features' took 0.81 seconds
Loading step `Parsing unit icons' took 0.325 seconds
Loading step `Creating unit textures' took 2.147 seconds
Loading step `Reading estimate path costs' took 0.042 seconds
Loading step `Reading estimate path costs' took 0.007 seconds
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/CentralBuildAI.dylib has incorrect version
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/EconomyAI.dylib has incorrect version
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/metalmakerai.dylib has incorrect version
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/MexUpgraderAI.dylib has incorrect version
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/RadarAI.dylib has incorrect version
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/ReportIdleAI.dylib has incorrect version
AI dll /Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/SimpleFormationAI.dylib has incorrect version
Spring 0.74b3+
Reloaded ctrlpanel with: LuaUI/ctrlpanel.txt
LuaUI: bound F11 to the widget selector
LuaUI: bound CTRL+F11 to tweak mode
LuaUI v0.2
Player joined as 0
/Games/SpringRTS 0.74b3+ Universal Mac Build 0.7gU/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Bot-libs/KAI-0.22.dylib has C++ interface
elio

Post by elio »

In the commanders one the other commander just stands there too.

Your helper AI don't seem to be being read right; which download did they come with?
elio

Post by elio »

Aurelio: have you tried deleting your prefs and not changing anything in them and seeing if you have a crash. Is there any crash reporter logs?
kiwi-flyer

Post by kiwi-flyer »

Your helper AI don't seem to be being read right; which download did they come with?
Just downloaded 0.7gU and added those few extra 0.7jU files so far.
There isn't anything in the HelperAI folder.
elio

Post by elio »

because they should be in the Helper-libs folder of the AI folder.
kiwi-flyer

Post by kiwi-flyer »

Replaced all those files in the Helper-libs folder with ones from a fresh download, no luck from that
elio

Post by elio »

I'll re upload them when I next get a chance
Aurelio

Post by Aurelio »

I deleted the old prefs file. I haven't the crash anymore. So, it could be 3 things.
1)FSAA
2)Resolution
3)Shadows

I will continue the investigation├óÔé¼┬ª
elio

Post by elio »

FSAA is 1 or 0

Resolution is any sensible value

shadows just don't work unless potentially the opengl extetion is included (some intel macs possibly; no ppc macs at all.) Your screenshot you sent me had no shadows, so there was nothing even enabled.

I feel it could have been any of your overly optermistic possibilities you had set for some settings...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Could you compile in the following file into UnitSync.dll/so/dylib:

http://www.darkstars.co.uk/randomfiles/ ... itSync.cpp

It adds java bindings to Unitsync for AFLobby.

They're currently tried and tested with AFLobby under windows using a VS2005 build of unitsync, and they dont interfere with other C or python bindings.
elio

Post by elio »

nope.

At least not for a bit.
Note: Due to moving interstate soon, my development box shall be packed from tomorrow for potentially up to three weeks. I'll still be contactable for bug reports, info etc, though with potential delay. Spring for the Mac development shall continue its progress asap; this is not the end of my efforts. --Elio 10 Feb 2007
looks fine though. Will get back to you if I can get it compiled some other way.[/code]
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Well I intend an AFLobby alpha 12 release soon and it'll require a UnitSync with java bindings, for which I can only provide a prebuilt windows library, someone else will have to sort out linux so'sand mac OS dylib builds respectively.
elio

Post by elio »

as much was expected; you're a day late sorry!
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

I can put up a JNI-aware UnitSync.so tomorrow-ish if you need one.
elio

Post by elio »

Could we keep this on topic to the Mac release?

I buggered up copying over the diffs so I doubt the hooks would be right in the svn to pass onto someone to make the unitsync.dylib. linux will be fine, but could that be talked about outside this mac thread?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

thanks kloot, I dont know what you meant by hooks and diffs though elio.

And I dont think that the Mac installer would need rebuilding in its entirety and redistributing, rather just the single file be recompield by someone with a jdk installed.
elio

Post by elio »

Probably elio terminology├óÔÇ×┬ó but a hook is the bits that link a part of the lib to your app and vise versa (I think symbol is the correct way to describe it). Diffs are the differences between the official svns and my edited fork.

The svn source of unitsync doesn't work with a straight compile on the mac, hence the need for the changes. And yes, it's only unitsync.dylib that needs to be compiled with regards to your your extra file.
elio

Post by elio »

potential fix for AI version etc problems. http://fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=4269

worth a try after the effort to get it posted.
kiwi-flyer

Post by kiwi-flyer »

Thanks for the files elio

Both KAI 0.11 & 0.22 are running fine now

will test the others out later

Return to “Mac OS X”