Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !! - Page 58

Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

"T3 units are no longer transportable."

Who thought of that one? Great idea imo.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Nice, vamps ready for action again :)
changelog wrote:4.61 --> 4.7
T3 units are no longer transportable.
Not even for Dragonfly/Seahook?

Any chance to see the poor bantha get a little buffed to even out the improved krog for arm someday? :(

But all in all nice stuff and quick vamp fixing 8)
Pxtl

You can do that?

Post by Pxtl »

Intruder can no longer load enemy units (Thanks Rattle)

Wait - this is a feature? You can disable transports from loading enemy units?

As in, comnapping with an L1-plane in the first few minutes of the game is actually an intentional design feature?

:roll:
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The ability to load enemy units is a feature, not a bug, and if you cannot compensate for it the majority of the time, it is a problem with your method of play and not the game you are playing.

Just because you've stirred the beast with your touch of sarcasm, don't think I will continue on this path, despite the vast number of things I refrain from keeping straight. Onward and upward...

The Croc and Juno changes seem particularly well placed, in my opinion.
LordMatt

Re: You can do that?

Post by LordMatt »

Pxtl wrote:Intruder can no longer load enemy units (Thanks Rattle)

Wait - this is a feature? You can disable transports from loading enemy units?

As in, comnapping with an L1-plane in the first few minutes of the game is actually an intentional design feature?

:roll:
Removing comnaps would be a bad idea IMO.

Besides LCC never gets comnapped. :P
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

looks good, not sure bout the intruder change though, the only other thing I would've done is decrese the e costs for the skuttle a bit instead of giving it better damage and aoe, doesn't make that much difference though i guess.
Thanks noize and Day!
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

What the hell does this mean?

Implented Argh's Arm DT (someone should make us some for Core too. and maybe the floating DT's fortwalls as well)
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

its a what.. 25 tri model?
That should take about 5 mins to model/uvmap/texture each one for any competant modeler.
jackalope

Re: You can do that?

Post by jackalope »

LordMatt wrote:
Besides LCC never gets comnapped. :P
UH OH!!!!

http://www.smuggoat.net/?page_id=19&goat=18
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

Seaplane torpedo bombers still aren't auto attacking. They'll just stupidly fly past enemy ships, while torpedo bombers from the land airport work fine.

While completely ignorant of modding, I imagine the cause to be

noautofire=0; for the land based, but
noautofire=1; for the seaplane

It seemed to of inherited this from AA 2.23. I'm not sure why, i'd imagine they should be more or less able to do the same things (such as autoattack on patrol)

[/quote]
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

As far as I know flash are the fastest ground attack unit? If not they are certainly the most popular and effective fast ground attack unit.

If you go level 2 you can get certain advantages once you build the units. You can get heavier armour and more firepower, which allows you to concentrate more assault power into a given space than level 1 units. You can get longer range units, to try and outrange level 1 units. But you can't outrun the level 1 units. I suggest that we consider making units like zipper and panther the fastest ground attack units in the game. Even if that means nerfing them in other stats to compensate.
Uberleechen

Post by Uberleechen »

Wait....so now I can't move my (Behemoths?) barely mobile gun platforms? Boo...

Flashes are good...up to a point. Why outrun flashes when you can just kill them all before they reach you? I do agree, though, that the zipper needs buffing. It just doesn't do enough damage, as is. Perhaps it'd be alright if it stayed the same except for a significant speed boost, which would make it an ultra-highspeed raider.

Something that I'd like to see is the nuclear bomber becoming a more specialized unit. Perhaps allowing it 5X the maximum speed of T2 bombers, but only 1/5 (or 1/10) the acceleration, and an increased turn radius would do it? It might still need a larger AoE though.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

I think while there's talk about the Liche being upgraded you should also consider this change to the Krow:

Make one or all of its lasers able to target aircraft, the reason being that the Krow is only useful as a defensive unit (being instantly hit by any and all AA due to its speed), its main use is attacking advancing armies, giving it some AA lasers would reinforce its defensive role and give it a use beyond being a much more expensive gunship that dies very quickly.

(in before I get mobbed by speedmetal players insisting you can attack with krows :roll: )
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

The Krow does not need anti air weapons, its role is in mobile ground/base assault. It is pretty effective at both - the trick is to not plunge them into the heaviest aa - and certainly not in single numbers.
It might be slow but a bit of micro will vastly improve its success in attacking a base. (e.g combo them with a ground force to take out ground turrets near the perimeter of a base then walk the ground units in.)
We have hawks/vamps for anti-air, if we mix the roles of units we'll end up making some of them redundant.
Lolsquad_Steven

Yeah, i think some people's view on balance means that each unit can stand alone easily.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

I thought the whole idea behind a Flying Fortress was that it could defend its self (real life ones were covered in AA machine guns), what I want is for a Krow to be able to take down 4-5 hawks on its own before dieing (these are attacking it, not flying past quickly)

I don't want Krows to be better than fighters by any means (they'd be too slow to cover your base anyway), but I feel they should have an additional line of self defense against being picked off by a few fighters to make them a bit different to just being a slow gunship thats already very vulnerable to ground AA...
Last edited by TheFatController on 08 Feb 2007, 12:00, edited 3 times in total.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Lolsquad_Steven wrote:Yeah, i think some people's view on balance means that each unit can stand alone easily.
Cough mav.. Cough Sniper, Cough Cough lol Krogoth Stomp Distance.

Nvm, I must be a noob and know nothing about this right Matt?
Lolsquad_Steven

Lolsquad_Steven wrote:Yeah, i think some people's view on balance means that each unit can stand alone easily.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Is it just me, or does foxomaniacs Experimental mod just feel to be more balanced? He's fixed so many things & tweaked so many things that Noize/Day have just left out because they either have too little time or don't believe its a major issue. Can you not just suck up some pride & implement most of what he's done, especially as most people agree with his changes?

Return to “Game Releases”