What is the maddiest strategu you ever tough about?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Post by manored »

My one is this one:

*From start, make some energy structures, then make one airfield, then make one transport and one fighter, then combomb the enemy making sure you kill everthing that can build things, now use the fighter to kill the rest.

Of course that only haves a remote chance of working on 1v1.
Uberleechen

Post by Uberleechen »

Better:
Rush to airfield, build transport, move com to their factory. Put com down, destroy (or capture) factory, build a couple llts.

Then chase down their com for mutual destruction. With luck, they won't have had time to build a second factory, or you'll get it when you get their com.

In the meantime, you should be doing your (slow) airstart, as if the game was normal.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Blitzkrieg strategy: spam cannon fodder.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I always dreamed of Airdrop of Minelayers and then Minelayered Metallspots & Geos in his Backyard ...

Or if no AA is up, flying in with some StunDrones and stunning the Solars.. in Addition take some Units along that help the LLt to fire the Storage empty..
manored

Post by manored »

PicassoCT wrote:I always dreamed of Airdrop of Minelayers and then Minelayered Metallspots & Geos in his Backyard ...

Or if no AA is up, flying in with some StunDrones and stunning the Solars.. in Addition take some Units along that help the LLt to fire the Storage empty..
The first one is not so fantastic... but I dont think you need air drop since minelayers are pretty fast... :P
drolito

Post by drolito »

i will make this minelayers trap a next battle ... think it can be very fun !
manored

Post by manored »

drolito wrote:i will make this minelayers trap a next battle ... think it can be very fun !
Mainly in maps like altore divided were players dont think twice before seending their com and construction bots ahead to capture the most ground possible...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Ah, another day, another list of reasons why I don't think the L1 comm should be air-transportable.

(last game I got creamed because my neighbor was comnapped into my base 3 minutes in, which killed my comm and most of my infrastructure - can you tell?).
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Sefidel has tried to comnapped me a few times. He failed miserably. What's so difficult about paying attention to your commander?

Enemies airdropping their commander into your base is far worse (especially when your allies fail to combomb him in which case I just rage quit. Really)
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

I once transported artillery ontop of the pillars on MH to bobard noize's solars. Worked pretty well, except thanks to the rounded edges he could shoot it down and kill it :(.

Also napped a gollie that time.. heh, that's what i like about strategy games... crazy strategys ;).
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I challenged some people to ladder games on splintered tropics and i'd rush out 20 fighters right at the start and attack their com.

worked every time 8)
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

talking of NOiZE i once nailed his expanding com with a pair of nuke mines v close together on XTA >=)
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

On ssb, I have fun with crawling bombs...whenever a player is slow to go sea (after I get a lvl2 klab), their unprotected commander meets two of my little surprises submerged in front of the shore.
jackalope

Re: What is the maddiest strategu you ever tough about?

Post by jackalope »

manored wrote:My one is this one:

*From start, make some energy structures, then make one airfield, then make one transport and one fighter, then combomb the enemy making sure you kill everthing that can build things, now use the fighter to kill the rest.

Of course that only haves a remote chance of working on 1v1.
shit I gotta try this against steven next time.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Ishach wrote:I challenged some people to ladder games on splintered tropics and i'd rush out 20 fighters right at the start and attack their com.

worked every time 8)
hahah remember the time we both did that :P
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

aha oh yeah i'd forgotten about that

i was sitting there thinking "i wonder if he is doing the same thing i am right now...nah no way"
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I trained like nuts with bean bread, but then they had melon bread, and curry bread and bean bread and others, so I got confused and in the end I got fifth place :(
knorke

Post by knorke »

I once thought about building something else than flash&weasel but then i was like woah thats really crazy
manored

Post by manored »

knorke wrote:I once thought about building something else than flash&weasel but then i was like woah thats really crazy
Ever played in speedmetal? :P
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

manored wrote:
knorke wrote:I once thought about building something else than krog but then i was like woah thats really crazy
Ever played in something else than speedmetal? :P
Works this way too. :-)

Return to “Ingame Community”