Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !! - Page 57

Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Here's a replay of a test depicting the current state of stealth fighters..

http://pw3n.net/070204-Green_Fields-0.7 ... r_test.sdf

It's a very short game using nocost, basically 30 stealth fighters guarding a fusion plant then 10 bombers were sent to attack it.

Half of the stealth-fighters flew across the map and vanished for some reason when told to guard, they also do this on patrol.

The ones that remain don't manage to shoot down a single bomber, the plant is destroyed.
Relative

Post by Relative »

Wow, that was really poor. From that fighters seem to need some tweaking :wink:
Uberleechen

Post by Uberleechen »

Stealth fighters shouldn't be tested guarding the object though.

In my experience, they work better patrolling along your front border, so they can chase the bombers from behind as they pass, and therefore get more shots into the rear of the bombers.

Hm...perhaps I'll test that.

Ten T2 bombers, Fusion, 30 T2 Fighters, yes?

Edit: Test done. Bombers didn't come close. I'll test with various numbers...

Edit2: 10 stealth fighters easily stop 10 T2 bombers.

Edit3: 10 T2 bombers can kill a fusion guarded by 5 stealth fighters with one surviving past bomb-drop.

Conclusion: Stealth fighters are fine.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Wow, MAJOR bug with vamps; they just don't have any altitude when flying, and go EVERYWHERE (I.e. off screen) when told to move. Don't have time to explain much more, but someone really needs to take a look at this!
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

On the subject of the lyche:
back in the day before aa existed, and the lyche was just a stand alone 3rd party unit. It had a pretty long range bomb (about 1.5-2.0x its current range) and could reach into bases quite nicely - without sustaining too much damage from aa (it still gets massacred by fighters on patrol though). It was a powerful and flexible unit that if microed correctly could do lot of damage. Rather than making another disposable bomber why not return it to the form I remember? So it has a different role. The flexibility would then justify its cost, and you would suddenly have a very good use for the air repair pad -since treating them as disposable units wouldn't be very cost effective.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Wow, MAJOR bug with vamps; they just don't have any altitude when flying, and go EVERYWHERE (I.e. off screen) when told to move. Don't have time to explain much more, but someone really needs to take a look at this!
lols
Guys. cruisealt is not one of the 'special flight dynamics' that needed to be removed. Its actually a really important tag. :P
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'm spread across too many things right now to make my full report, but if you are going to push a line of radical reform, I am going to consider making a case for speeding up all buildtimes and movement... taking BA from droplets of water to a downpour. Faster than XTA is not an accomplishment.

The proposed shield tweak is more reasonable than the one implemented. Metal storage seems fine to me, energy storage may need some work. The LRMT is fine, if weak, as it is. Instigators and Flashes don't seem to need any changes at this moment. Core and Arm amphibious units need to be closer to each other in power, but I may make the case that Core's should be better on the whole.

Yeah, this was originally for BA... not the mutator.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

There's actually not much that needs to be changed about BA.
MasterChiefRulZ

Post by MasterChiefRulZ »

This probably wouldn't be a popular request, but I miss the fact that missile kbots/towers don't work like OTA missile kbots/towers. For example, the Arm Jethro, which could fire against both ground and air based units.

I used to use those enmasse with decent effectiveness early game, but in their current state aren't near as useful. I guess this is part of the balance of the mod, but some of those old skool rules/fav tactics bear heavy on my mind. :P

Anyhow, thanks for the great mod. Played it the previous weekend (not this one, weekend before) and had a great time with a friend in LAN. Keep up the great work.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

It might be prudent for you to look into XTA if you are interested in a mod which employs such a balancing scheme.
MasterChiefRulZ

neddiedrow wrote:It might be prudent for you to look into XTA if you are interested in a mod which employs such a balancing scheme.
@ me?

Isn't XTA the default mod of Spring? Or am I misinformed?
tombom

Post by tombom »

MasterChiefRulZ wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:It might be prudent for you to look into XTA if you are interested in a mod which employs such a balancing scheme.
@ me?

Yes XTA is. BA is based on AA which is based on Uberhack which changed missile units to anti air only and it's not likely to change anytime soon.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

MasterChiefRulZ wrote:
@ me?

yes, and a lot of people play it
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Something wrong with that?
Let the XTA ppl play XTA, and the BA & AA ppl play BA & AA.

I don't see much point in intermingling either one, they're both unique mods with their own ideas and ways they want to acomplish it.
MasterChiefRulZ

Thanks for the information. Knowledge is power. 8)

My experiences are based on old school TA, from back in 97 (up to probably 2000, 01). I followed TAUIP and UTASP with earnest back then, before I wandered off to other games. Spring is very fun and a refreshing take on TA.

I appreciate every mod for it's own unique flavor, and am not criticizing BA, just throwing ideas. Didn't realize AA was based on Uberhack, so that's cool. I've downloaded TAUIP for Spring, so hopefully that'll have the 'feel' I'm looking for. XTA is good, but I don't like it's build tree structuring. BA is also great fun, but I don't like some of the unit tweaks. To each his own. :-)
drolito

Post by drolito »

Saktoth wrote:
lols
Guys. cruisealt is not one of the 'special flight dynamics' that needed to be removed. Its actually a really important tag. :P
but steal fighters are always good ... its very very strange because these are same units ...
It's THE major bug, i have lost 2 parties for that (one because dont know the BUG, second because took kbot core for a friend and kill my com ... so i was core at finish :( ... )

make the 4.62 quick with no vamps bug please !!!

loul ... i love these vamp :( core planes are better ... but with no vamps its too difficult to use them ...
TheFatController

Post by TheFatController »

drolito wrote:loul ... i love these vamp :( core planes are better ... but with no vamps its too difficult to use them ...
Core planes aren't better :/
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

Just noticed the vamp bug myself. I went air as core in "charlie in the hills" and i lost over 30(!) vamps to about 10 hawks and i didn't understand why. after losing loads of vamps to hawks again i looked and noticed that they are not flying, they are hovering just inches off the ground. They are insanely broken and need to be fixed, until they are fixed core is useless in air.
drolito

Post by drolito »

loul ... yes i can see base of my ennemies with vamps (i use them like spy bot) and after i use bertha :p

its the new strategy with these bugged vamps ... :p

but for me i cant have 30 vamps ... because i make patrol and they go allwhere in the map but dont stay patroling all around the basement ... i lost all them :(

The FatControler : Core planes are better because the nuclear launcher have only one utilisation (after they are always dead) but the lyches are making big troubles in ennemies base ...
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Due to the Vamp bug we decided to do another quick release, I hope all changes went well as we didn't have time to test everything.
changelog wrote:4.61 --> 4.7
Fixed Vamp Cruisealt
Intruder can no longer load enemy units (Thanks Rattle)
Implented Argh's Arm DT (someone should make us some for Core too. and maybe the floating DT's fortwalls as well)
T3 units are no longer transportable.
Seaplanes fighters do damage to aircraft again
Added some effects by Fox
Added Decoy tags so they won't be broken with luaui
Juno costs (M/E/BT) reduced by 30 %
Croc DPS reduced by 20 %
Skuttle damage and AoE improved by 20 %
Repairpads are no longer transportable
Repairpads are 30% cheaper
Fusions have their stats hidden to the enemy now, so decoys work
Decoy Dgun costs 50 E to fire now instead of 500
Maverick speed increased by 15 %