>>...::::Map Release: InterContinental32x32::::....... - Page 3

>>...::::Map Release: InterContinental32x32::::.......

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Should we Add a Ecplise Effect or the Blend Effect?

Glaced Effect
14%
Eclipse
14%
Eclipse + Glaced Effect
57%
None
14%

Total votes: 7

manored

Post by manored »

This maps may finish up not playing well but will be surely a beautifull one to play on! :P
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Yeah i am doing the Catwalks - but some of the others out there manage it to play & Look great. I don`t want my SM-Version to have the 1000 and me not one good Map out that is played... :| :oops:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I think you should follow forb and have all the spots the same size and giving the same amount across all your maps. Theres no reason for varying them as it only confuses the player or leads to them ignoring it.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

Yeah, having such wildly varying amounts is hard to display in spring - different luminance of green isn't incredibly informative. Players in the know could theoretically concentrate on the top metal spots and have a vastly larger economy.

Having it all worth the same would be better - just put more patches in the areas you want players to focus on, instead of more per patch.

The middle sea is dead space. What are players meant to do with it? They can take the middle island and porc up, facing only threats from air and relatively weak hovers. If you put the metal close to the sea, players could use navies for shore bombardment at least.

Personally i think you need to put some crossings from the outer to inner sea. As is there's 5 completely isolated seas already, leaving air and hovers the only options to get past some of those fairly narrow looking chokepoints.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

OHHHH now I understand. TO any and all... Genblood made the original greenhaven for spring.

I am responsible for EVERgreen Haven
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Oh, so i have to ask Geneblood for the Skybox? Thx Forb, i have both Versions and i just hit the Spring.exe - green and asuming it was the same as your Version with that Bumpmapeffect..

Things happen when you look only at the Sky.. :oops:

PS: Will drop the DarkRedDots completely, but keep the 4,5 sizes at the Seacitys.. So North and Soutpole will have more red dots then a ill clown :D
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Use the invernus skybox! Secks in a box!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Nope, sorry peetah, i need that Greenheaven One, and i want to modify it... heavy :twisted:

The New Metall Layout

- Metall amount per Continent hasn`t changed.. New are only the three Dots in the Corners for each Side..

The New MapConverter Problem :D

Can somebody tell me what Problem MapConverter has ? The JPEG is only 200mbs big.. so that cant be it..
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Is finnished & will be uploaded Sunday late morning

FinalSize is 32x32
Heightdifference is 382 to -382

Oh - and i let the AI Play on it.. and i made the ground crossable water between the Watercitys...

I will post the link

Oh and EyeCandy...

I know that some of the Rock & Sandchanges are rather Rude - and the yellow Sandstreak is sometimes in Places he is not wanted.. but everything else...
mufdvr222

Post by mufdvr222 »

Hey Picasso, how about a map making tutorial for 3DS max :lol:
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Sounds like huge filesize.
Argh

Post by Argh »

That is really cool :-) I wish you'd make something a bit smaller sometime though ;)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

@ Muvdrfr:

I am not a good Tutorial Writer, sorry. I have little patience and 3dsMax in Nature is needing dozens of Sub-Tutorials, including - How to pull your teeth out of the Keyboard after Max has crashed and taken hours of work with it.
- How to repair your PC after you shot Max & windows down.
and so on.
It is still the same Gradientstuff i use for the Maps, but this Time including a MultimaskedTexture. There are black&white Rendered Pictures of Gradients and i give every Gradient a diffrent TExture. It is really not that difficult, if you give Max a Try, you will find out there is none of the real tough Hardcore Stuff involved.

@ Lordo:

Happy news - it is smaller then Trenches. Only 75 Mbs...

@ ARGH

The Best thing is it could play really cool this time :) but there are also negative things :( Especially the Auto-Fog of the Skybox when Zoomed Out... If somebody know how to turn that off ... post here.

PS: The Link
http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/22 ... tal_32x32/

Have Fun -Coments anyone ?
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

It certainly looks excellent :shock: My comments...

As you mentioned above, the zoom out black *has* to go. I imagine on such a large map you'd need to zoom out quite a lot, and the black makes it impossible. If the choice is zooming out or a pretty skybox, i'd take the zoom...

For such a large map the choke points should be bigger. A LLT can cover edge to edge the "main" chokepoint, and units can barely cross the others. To me that says "large for the sake of being large", when you can have a similar battle in a much smaller space. I'll await the 16x16 version with wider chokepoints and crossings from sea to sea.

It's late and I should be asleep, re-reading it made me seem a bit harsher than I am intending to be, just trying to give some useful feedback :P
Uberleechen

Post by Uberleechen »

Um. Wow. I'll try it, then report back.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

123 Dls in 1& 1/2 Day... and to Add this - it is also fun in Final Frontier...

The Black things are wreckage... :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Could you pass us any fo the textures you used? Or create any? I liek the green texture for grass ehre:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4425 ... 119hd7.jpg
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I don't know what it is, but the style of Picasso's maps always reminds me of N64 games like Bad Fur Day. It practically screams for a good, cartoony mod.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

@ Pxtl

Comand & Conker ? ;)

@ AF
If you want it - here you have it. But it is not mine - sorry to admit that, but that is a Max included Texture... :( the Trenches Grass was mine, but i kicked it when i deleted the Folder to free some Gigs..

PS.: The Grass Texture should be used in 45° Degree angeled Pattern, at best with some Green Smoke, Fog and or Noise overlaid. And don`t forget to give it a little prelight. Rendering in Shadows is evil, but rendering in Sunlight (like done on RandomMap - is looking quite Good )
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I was thinking SM3 instead

Return to “Map Creation”