Lv3 for vehicles too.

Lv3 for vehicles too.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Lv3 for vehicles too.

Post by manored »

I think that the TA based mods should make lv3 vehicles or at least make lv2 cons vehicles able to make the lv3 kbots factory. Its a too great advantage to kbots the ability of making lv3 units.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

There is a balance concern. In AA/BA, Kbots can access T3, Vehicles have the Advanced Fusion.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Only BA and AA variants have tier 3 at all.

TA and XTA and other TA based mods generally have the classic tier 1+2 + core gantry + core krogoth.
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

neddiedrow wrote:There is a balance concern. In AA/BA, Kbots can access T3, Vehicles have the Advanced Bomb.
Fixed it for you.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I fully endorse this idea. We need to have more horrendously expensive units for nubs to die trying to tech to. :lol:
manored

Post by manored »

neddiedrow wrote:There is a balance concern. In AA/BA, Kbots can access T3, Vehicles have the Advanced Fusion.
So make vehicles able to make em too and then do it! :-)

I dont know why lv3 units have a so bad fame they own...
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

LordMatt wrote:I fully endorse this idea. We need to have more horrendously expensive units for nubs to die trying to tech to. :lol:
:-)
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

BigSteve wrote:
LordMatt wrote:I fully endorse this idea. We need to have more horrendously expensive units for nubs to die trying to tech to. :lol:
:-)
+ cthulhu
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

I think vehicles are tough enough already.
duncs

Post by duncs »

Deathblane wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:There is a balance concern. In AA/BA, Kbots can access T3, Vehicles have the Advanced Bomb.
Fixed it for you.
rofl.
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

move to mods..
manored

Post by manored »

ralphie wrote:I think vehicles are tough enough already.
But its because they are supposed to be used in plain areas while the kbots are used in high places, so is the vehicles werent better than kbots on plain areas they wouldnt ever be used.
bamb

Post by bamb »

If one didn't want to have a new T3 vehicle building, how about a slowly moving turrety/cannony thing, an L3 vehicle built directly by the adv con vehicle?
Pxtl

Experimental Construction Vehicle

Post by Pxtl »

I've always preferred to take the idea of L3 vehicles a different way - an Amphibious Experimental Construction Vehicle for building some of the less-used super-high-level T3 buildings. Price the vehicle as an L3 building, give it 800 Nanolathe power and the exclusive ability to build vulcans, mohofusions, antiradar missiles, the underused L2 storage facilities, and similar excessive L3 buildings... plus a handful of the heaviest L2 vehicles, boats, and buildings.
manored

Re: Experimental Construction Vehicle

Post by manored »

Pxtl wrote:I've always preferred to take the idea of L3 vehicles a different way - an Amphibious Experimental Construction Vehicle for building some of the less-used super-high-level T3 buildings. Price the vehicle as an L3 building, give it 800 Nanolathe power and the exclusive ability to build vulcans, mohofusions, antiradar missiles, the underused L2 storage facilities, and similar excessive L3 buildings... plus a handful of the heaviest L2 vehicles, boats, and buildings.
Doing that would divide the game in 3 tech levels, what would be nice since just two looks few... :-)
Pxtl

Re: Experimental Construction Vehicle

Post by Pxtl »

manored wrote:
Pxtl wrote:I've always preferred to take the idea of L3 vehicles a different way - an Amphibious Experimental Construction Vehicle for building some of the less-used super-high-level T3 buildings. Price the vehicle as an L3 building, give it 800 Nanolathe power and the exclusive ability to build vulcans, mohofusions, antiradar missiles, the underused L2 storage facilities, and similar excessive L3 buildings... plus a handful of the heaviest L2 vehicles, boats, and buildings.
Doing that would divide the game in 3 tech levels, what would be nice since just two looks few... :-)
My point is to only put exlusively into the T3 Vehicle lab those L2 buildings that are (a) rarely used, AND (b) so expensive that building the L2 veh plant and the L3 constructor isn't a huge impact. Make the L3 con-veh cost ~4000 metal. That's a small dent out of the 10k you're paying for the mohofus, much less the 30k for the Vulcan.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I propose making a tech lvl 4 as well. The lab itself will cost ~1 Million Metal and ~1 Billion Energy (~1 Trillion Build Time as well). It needs a 20X20 yard map to build units that are HUGE LIKE XBOX! At a minimum each unit must have multiple Dguns, Flak Cannons, RFLRPCs (with perfect accuracy), torpedoes that can wipe out any naval unit in the game, and a rapid fire nuke, antinuke, antiantinuke backpack. It goes without saying that these units must be able to both fly and submerge under water.

I DEMAND THAT NOIZE AND DAY ADD THESE UNITS TO BA IMMEDIATELY ORE I WILL RAGEQUIT SPRING!
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

ZOMG!

Although it has to be admitted that such a unit WOULD make the ultimate scripting example, since you could probably attach every script ever made to a piece of it at a time...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Wouldn't work, nuke, antinuke and normal weapons are mutually exclusive.
manored

Post by manored »

KDR_11k wrote:Wouldn't work, nuke, antinuke and normal weapons are mutually exclusive.
Make nuke powered normal weapons... :-)

Return to “General Discussion”