New XTA Development Forum

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

This is the new XTA dev forum, hosted by [QT]Vintage.

Anyone who has constructive ideas and suggestions for the mod's perfection is welcome to join and participate in the discussions.
Last edited by Peet on 19 Aug 2007, 01:02, edited 3 times in total.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

stickied
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Honestly, i will have to disagree with that separate forum since it will be in control of other people.

The knox guys (almost everyone, almost everytime) have always treated me nicely, as i them. Still, with hopes that they do not get overly offended, they are a bunch of sissies. They will argue with you and annoy you for even the slightest bad word (as in such simple things as "freaking hell"). I would not like to frequent a forum under so much pressure upon every single post, so much (said) morality.

Anyway, XTA is slowly dying in every single way. In Forum discussion, in players in lobby, in copyright concerns (with Spring probably ending up not distributing copyrighted material like XTA).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

ahem, KnoX disbanded, hence the new forum.

However I do believe the major reason for XTA is dieing is because we say it is.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

PauloMorfeo wrote:Honestly, i will have to disagree with that separate forum since it will be in control of other people.
I can relate to that opinion, however the need for an organized place to discuss XTA balance and development overrides it. I shall be doing my very best to keep with the best interests of the XTA community in adminning this forum.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

agh double post :cry:
Last edited by Peet on 15 Jan 2007, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
pintle

Post by pintle »

AF wrote:ahem, KnoX disbanded, hence the new forum.

However I do believe the major reason for XTA is dieing is because we say it is.
QFT

Anyway in my experience there have been more games over the past 6 weeks than the period before that.

It bugs me when people i never see playing a mod deign to criticise balance decisions and claim it is in decline
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

A lot of the people who I see dissing XTA give reasons that are rubbish, proving they dont know what they're talking about.

Such as "in XTA you can start at lvl 2 how noobish is that". To do this you would first need to build 20 solars and 5 mexes and storage. Starting lvl 2 is only feasable on maps like speedmetal.
Noruas
XTA Developer

hmm

Post by Noruas »

When you see 0 games of xta, then its dead until then, Live on xta: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/stats/

Oh, why does com shooter and EE games not count ):
smoth

Post by smoth »

or the 6 hours of gundam that I played the other day.. who knows.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Yeah, this drives me mad... we didn't even rate that time Smoth.
smoth

Post by smoth »

yeah I know. I checked.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

from what i can see XTA is actually gaining on past account, it has a rather large chunk, larger than the chunk AA had when it was the dominant mod.

BA seems to have massacred AA and is now firmly in charge. Lets all start trumpeting LLTA.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

LLTA, isnt that BA with more l3 for SMers?
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

So, any future plans for XTA? And who's at this moment actively developing it?

If I may suggest a direction; keeping up with the developments in Spring is very time consuming, however, people like Smoth and Argh develop amazing visual stuff, explosions, etc. Use em.

Setting these two goals would certainly help XTA:

1) GPL.

2) Add in visual stuff
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

GPL is impossible. It would require Atari to release TA and all its source code under the GPL license.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I think some better goals would be:
1) Differenciate l1 V from l1 Kbot
2) Make porcing more difficult
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

GPL would be possible if everything is remade. It'd probably still violate trademarks or something tho... But tbh I don't think it's a really good idea to focus on making XTA GPL...
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Ive seen a few times where there have been more XTA games running/open than any other mod, although times like this are definitely a minority I think XTA is hardly dying :/. If anything its increased in popularity, taking a few peices of the AA pie after 2.23
mongus

Post by mongus »

Hello.

Well i agree with paulomorfeo in maybe more than one thing.

Personally didnt like how knox took over the development, and even took away the forums for here.

Not that knox are bad guys at all, but didnt like their line of development, but well, not posting here to badmouth knox, i do that in chat usually :] .

The one thing concerning me is:

Wouldnt like the xta forums to be somewhere else than here.

Reason is... why 2 boards? the "who is behind" also concerns me, altough it seems to be p3t3. Im lazy to check 2 boards..

2 forums may confuse more than one.

It was requested to make a subforum in here, and it was considered, any word on that?.

Now concerning xta, altough the democratic part of the forums is cool, there must be a team leading. Who is it?

If there isnt such team rigth now, who is insterested in working in xta?

Return to “Game Development”