Some rules for the moderators would be nice

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

hawkki

Post by hawkki »

I got muted in the lobby because of these lines i said when someone had started a conversation about hitler:

[15:25:55] <hawkki> hitler had some really good ideas, he was a good leader
[15:26:00] <]TLS[LordLemmi> <-- is half german but all say a nazi lol
[15:26:08] <hawkki> but he also had some sick twisted ideas

Now what is more nazi than limiting free speech? Maybe the moderator who muted me, <[LCC]quantum[K]>, feels ashame of his ancestors and would liike to jump into a deep grave, but hell, it should not be expressed in random rage using his oh-so-powerfull moderator priviledges.

And about what i said that got me banned if you want to argue about that: read history, read hitlers speeches, read his tactics, he was a great talker and strategist. He had though some really fucking twisted ideas, but it does not erase the fact that he was a aman who got things done.

So, is this post also going to be censored? A world without freedom of speech is made of fail, and you, <[LCC]quantum[K]>, contribute greatly towards making lobby a such place
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

everyone that's get muted srsly needs to stop being so drama about it and handle it via pm, no matter how much you god discriminated, this is not an issue for the general public, but an issue between you and the mods.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

Well, the issue is that moderators that cannot use their rights correctly, should not have those rights, in other words they should not be moderators.

How could anyone know how fucked up the situation is if noone tells about it?
Last edited by hawkki on 12 Jan 2007, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
quantum

Post by quantum »

[2007-01-12, 13:14:54] <hawkki> hilerjugend o/
[2007-01-12, 13:15:03] <hawkki> hitlerjugend \o/
[2007-01-12, 13:22:04] <hawkki> sieg heil mit das fuhrer!

Here are some other quotes out of context, from the previous minutes, to complete your set, hawkki.

Oh, and you forgot to include my warning.

The rules are stickied in this forum and you should read them.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

so i guess jj has some special priviledges, as he made exactly similar jokes about the issue and did not get muted?

Those quotes you picked are totally out of context, since they were responses to what jj said.
Last edited by hawkki on 12 Jan 2007, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
quantum

Post by quantum »

He did get muted.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

And i have read the rules and cannot find what i was violating other than the rule that you should do whatever a mod says.

This also i would have complied to if i had seen the warning. A random guy saying "stop that" in the main chat does not count as a warning to me.

The question is still, what rule did i break? If i say "hizbollah! \o/" should i get muted? Wheres the line? I absolutely did not attack anyone, not even a group of people (the germans) i only threw random jokes in response to jj's writings.

As i said, if you had pm'ed me i would have noticed that you are a moderator and would have stopped even though i would not have had a clue why to stop since i think i was doing nothing wrong. But i would have obeyed your word. So next time you decide to give a warning, please pm instead of just saying "stop that" in main chat ?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

There is a diffrent between Nazis and the Mods. Your still breathing and dramatic... And if Hitler had so great Ideas - why didn`t even his Minions benefit from them ? And drama queening on the Graves of Millions of Peopl - who wouldn`t find it funny - is wort a ban. Lifelong.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

hawkki wrote:And i have read the rules and cannot find what i was violating other than the rule that you should do whatever a mod says.
Oh, I can find that one.

In the terms of service agreement "You agree that the administrators and moderators of this server have the right to mute, kick or ban you at any time should they see fit."

The infractions specifically fall under sections B and C in our #main guidelines
"B) No racism or biggotry towards any people group for any reason
C) Shock humor will not be tolerated in public channels. #main is PG13"

If you were warned to tame it down and you refused any mod is well within their right to discipline you. Civil disobedience doesn't prove you're point correct, if you have an issue with the translations of the rules we're quite willing to discuss it as a community BEFORE you decide to be disruptive. If you choose to defy moderation and break the rules just for kicks we will discipline you with full confidence under our policy of removing those with the intent to disrupt and damage the community. If you really cared about the point you were trying to make rather then just being peeved off at the mod who screwed over you plans of offending random people then you would have raised the point of discussion before you decided to make an ass out of yourself.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

KEEP DIGGING, WE STILL SEE YOU

moderator edit : CUP IS A GOD YEH! (quantum)

CUP EDIT : K NUFF WORSHIP

CUP EDIT 2 : Here :P

Lobby moderator guidelines:

* Don't use /chanmsg unless really neccessary (greeting your friends with /chanmsg is an example of bad usage) as channel messages are primarly used for various channel and server notifications.
* Don't use /ban unless absolutely neccessary since banning a player means he can't play the game anymore. You should always have a good reason to use it, but before using it you should always try to resolve the situation first by warning the player or by using /kick command so that the player gets the message.
* It is recommended that you do not discuss your decisions publicly too much, since moderating is not a democracy and moderators should retain some authority (it doesn't matter whether players agree with your decisions or not)
* Players should be warned (or muted) if flaming (being disrespectful towards other players) or using inappropriate vocabulary etc., talking in UPPER CASE is not *bad* or repeating a message in the main channel (unless it actually becomes spamming). Other rules are not fixed, instead some common sense should be applied when moderating.
k quantum has broken the rule about discussing and therefore should loose his modship in favor of MEEEE

and then you will be TOO SCARED TO EVEN PLAY SPRING!
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

SwiftSpear wrote:
hawkki wrote:And i have read the rules and cannot find what i was violating other than the rule that you should do whatever a mod says.
Oh, I can find that one.

In the terms of service agreement "You agree that the administrators and moderators of this server have the right to mute, kick or ban you at any time should they see fit."
Thats exactly as i said, not breaking any rule here, only breaking not to obey what a moderator said.

If you consider what i said racism of any kind, then well gl to you.

As i said, i have no problem following the rules, but i really dont see my messages were in any way aginst any rules. And thats why i got upset with the muting.

edit: The only rule he breaked was warning me before taking action. I seriously did not see a warning.

He is a mod, and therefore a superhuman who can tell ppl what to do and whatnot. If it is the communitys opinion that i was being out of the line when talking about hitler then fine.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

It can easily be argued that obnoxious intentional use of racist symbols is racism. Hence "Heil Hitler".

also, if you want to have a serious intellectual discussion about the nazi regime, #main is not the place for God's sake.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

where does it say they need to warn you.
Players should be warned (or muted)
--- on a side note

now i will provide a character reference for quantum, as i think this will help in the proceedings

INTELEGENT

[14:04:36] <[LCC]quantum[K]> I somehow managed to install a bash clone on your server, lol
[14:04:42] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> OH NOEZ
[14:04:44] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> whats that mean
[14:04:46] <[LCC]quantum[K]> it wouldnt work
[14:04:48] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> CAN YOU HAX MAH SERVAH
[14:05:01] <[LCC]quantum[K]> but then it started to work mysteriously O.o
[14:05:02] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> K ILL HIDE TEH PR0N
[14:05:06] <[LCC]quantum[K]> LOL
[14:05:08] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> whats a bash clone
[14:05:10] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> what do oyu mean
[14:05:12] <[LCC]quantum[K]> rash
[14:05:26] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> a ssh shell on my server via web?
[14:05:27] <[LCC]quantum[K]> http://lcc.unknown-files.net/springbash/
[14:05:29] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> accessing my server or what
MOTIVATED
[14:05:06] <[LCC]quantum[K]> LOL CUP I LURV YOU
[14:05:08] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> K
WILLING NESS TO LEARN
[18:30:33] <[LCC]quantum[K]> give the the intruction booklet to the internets and i'll assemble it for you! :P
[18:30:44] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> THE THE
[18:30:46] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> DOUBLE THE
[18:30:48] <[LCC]IaMaCuP> = PHAIL
can you guess which one is fake!
Last edited by iamacup on 12 Jan 2007, 16:54, edited 2 times in total.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

Well great. Fuck this. NOW i know why many people have flamed and left the community.

I did wonder why they did so, but now when i am faced with the same shit its no surprise for me. This community is rotten, its corrupted and falling apart.

Fuck, i would understand this whole thing if i had lead racist discussions in #main, but what we are talking about is some 5 lines of text basically saying "say hello" and "leatherpants" in germany.
Last edited by hawkki on 12 Jan 2007, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

its private messages lol! also its not the community, if you make a thread that sais, 'i did this wrong' why was i banned/muted/kicked, your bound to get a negative reaction.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

The whole point of not banning a player the first time he does something wrong is to give him a chance to correct himself.

I did not get that chance.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

You said you got muted, not banned.
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

From what I have read, the mod(s) issued you at least one warning, and when you ignored that, proceeded to mute you. Mutes are not bans; they expire automatically, and you can still play. A ban means that you can never log in again, EVER.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

You tried to publicly character assassinate a respected moderator... Basically it's going to be rare at best that you get your way using that particular method. Is it too much for us to expect that if you have a problem with a moderator you talk to them about it first? That makes sense to me. If you had done things the mature way and you still felt the moderation was unfair at least you would have a fuck load of evidence to prove this. You came here and posted 2 lines, which largely ignored the real status of the situation which the moderator in question had to then clarify, not to mention that if there is a moderator abusing their powers ultimately the rest of the moderation team has to deal with it so the best way to address it is to PM a different moderator.
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

Strategia wrote:From what I have read, the mod(s) issued you at least one warning, and when you ignored that, proceeded to mute you. Mutes are not bans; they expire automatically, and you can still play. A ban means that you can never log in again, EVER.
True, except that i did not see the warning as it was not said to me, it was said to the public.

And another point: even if you superbanned someone from the lobby, theres nothing that would stop them from being able to join again.

But fear not, i shall leave and only return when playing games.

and the last words: hell yeah, i would want to character assassinate everyone who stands in the way of free speech. A bullet to the brain.

edit: what i meant by writing that this community is rot i did not mean that the members were rotten. Its the moderators, and those in charge of the place. There are many members i respect deeply, like Argh, AF and Caydr and thanks to them the game is what it is today.

Is it a coincidence that iirc everyone of these have also gotten pissed of about something in the community?
Last edited by hawkki on 12 Jan 2007, 17:15, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Ingame Community”