List of Spring bugs

List of Spring bugs

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Guessmyname

List of Spring bugs

Post by Guessmyname »

Useful for devs, modders and pretty much anyone, though it might be useful if there was a link to it here:

http://cs.selu.edu/~ssmith/BB/viewtopic.php?t=617
trepan
Former Engine Dev

Post by trepan »

Here is a better place for listing bugs (as compared to a topic in a secondary forum).

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/mantis/main_page.php
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

trepan wrote:secondary forum
I find that terribly elitist and could see that some people may find that horribly offensive.
trepan
Former Engine Dev

Post by trepan »

The primary forum for Spring is this one, or am I mistaken?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

ah, smoths forum isnt necessarily a 'spring forum', just as much as the TA3D forum could be considered a secondary spring forum because it mentions TASpring in a thread or two.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

I agree with trepan, just put bugs reports where they belong: the bug tracking system, and please read/skim this before doing so.
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

Smoth's forum is a secondary forum because it is not the main Spring forum.

Because it isn't a Spring forum at all.
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

So... point that bugs should be posted in either:

1) Mantis
2) This forum

And read the doc before you do so.. Quite clear
smoth wrote:aircraft have halfed hitspheres/groundplates.. NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

units with Dumbfire missiles more often then not will hit allies when traveling in groups

bombers/aircraft at a certain height fly around in circles.

bombers will actually fly low to the ground.. in groups they will destroy each other before the enemy can!

anthing with airhoverfactor=0; will try to land on airbases but they cannot land.. so they get locked above an air base. (there is a work around but it still exists)

if an aircraft is too far above the ground, do they really need to conform to the terrain? I.E. try bombing on a hill.
Anyone willing to look into these bugs?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Bugs should be posted on the mantis, period. If they aren't on mantis strictly speaking the dev's don't know about them. Mantis is the official venue for browsing and fixing bugs.

If it's a bug that's verifiable and reproducible you're wasting your time posting it anywhere else, including here.
smoth

Post by smoth »

it would be elitist for me to care what people call my forum. Secondary is better then a tree-house. Anyway, the thread is just a thought dump spot. I have reported several things to mantis in the past but I am terribly busy and unable to sit down and do a proper bug report at the moment I find one so sometimes I need a place to dump stuff.

Anyway, I don't mind what people call my forum. It is just a little forum for people to get stuff done. The only perk I get is that I can be the overlord of it.. it that is even a perk.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I don't think that is elitism. It is ridicoulous to expect the developers to be screening this forum for bugs as well as registering and monitoring forum X, forum Y, etc, etc, etc...

It is spending and time consuming to monitor this forum already...

As for mantis, it is slow and .. something. So much that i eventually stoped using it. :?
smoth

Post by smoth »

paul, read my post above yours... knee jerk replies are bad. I already said I do not care what they call it and again, "it would be elitist for me to care what people call my forum"
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

AF wrote:
trepan wrote:secondary forum
I find that terribly elitist ...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

One should always aim to be as considerate as possible and not throw about labels, although carrying out that isnt as easy as it sounds. In this case I would deem that forum a community in its own right rather than a secondary forum or a treehouse, as it labels the people there as being insignificant and small for lack of a better phrase. Such a label can be offensive, inconsiderate and hurtful at times and such a term shouldnt be used irresponsibly if at all.

Could this thread be locked please? I'm sure someone can arrange to have these bugs listed in mantis.

Return to “Engine”