First "AI": The Slinky AI

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Slinky AI is designed for use with Spring in OTA mode (either zwzsg's OTA patch, or the EvOTA mod). It will attack you hard, soon, and constantly with increasingly stronger units.

This AI will only work on land maps currently, and it is best if the AI has a direct path to your base (though it could be fun to keep it on a little island and take pot shots ;)). Be prepared to use your D-Gun frequently.

Download at FU: http://fileuniverse.com/?page=showitem&ID=850

[edit] Just to clarify, this will work in any mod that still has the OTA units using their original internal names. It's just created with OTA balance in mind.
Last edited by Gnomre on 30 May 2005, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Timidly: Dose it have an easy setting?
Bodly: I dont care! I can beat anything
Cowardly: id better wait for the easy version to come out
Prudently: Yes that will be best
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

very cool 8) more comments when i've lost to it :P
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

u just extract to spring directory...then what? run commanders script??? please clarify
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

"Random enemies"
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

In case you haven't noticed, you need the new spring version that was released yesterday.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

OOPS soz ( :oops: again)
Storm

Post by Storm »

To honor the case, I have also created a [ Medium ] and [ Easy ] versions for those that can not co-op with either the built-in AI (next to impossible as you get Brawlers in your face before taking five steps) or Gnome's Slinky Spring.

Also, about modding the AI files (which is exessively easy), I've concluded the fact that the AI uses a small area around three of the map-defined start points to spawn on. Units are created randomly in the small area, which means that creating a base in such a manner proves to be quite difficult (since sooner or later, buildings will overlap each other), but you can without problems assign a Timmy or two to shell your base.

Return to “General Discussion”