Gameplay Demo, for NanoBlobs

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Argh

Post by Argh »

... may be of interest to those who would be willing to dare trying to make an AI that can actually give a human game ;)

Here is a demo file. Requires NanoBlobs 0.64 installed.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Map?
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Hexviewer says "NanoArenaV4.smf"... Can't find that anywhere...?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have a 0.74 compatible NTai should you wish it. Mingw32 has ballooned it from 300kb to 3MB.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Whoops, forgot to re-re-release that map!

http://www.wolfegames.com/TA_Section/NanoArenaV4.sd7
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

AF wrote:I have a 0.74 compatible NTai should you wish it. Mingw32 has ballooned it from 300kb to 3MB.
Stripped? If yes, that's rather weird.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Unstripped most probably. Run strip ntai.dll and it'll probably be smaller.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I'm a windows user not a linux user, as far as I'm aware I dont have a strip command.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Is this just a replay of you playing against the random enemy script? I think a replay of some good 1v1 players would be of more use to an AI developer. BTW the special effects are looking nice.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

AF wrote:I'm a windows user not a linux user, as far as I'm aware I dont have a strip command.
You don't have mingw if you don't have strip.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have devc++ which uses mingw32, and I do not use command lines to compile save in University using javac.exe, so please enlighten me.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Easy, just find your gcc.exe and you'll find strip.exe in the same directory (something/bin, presumably.) If there's no strip, then get it: http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/binutil ... z?download
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

Strip is part of the mingw binutils package, so if you downloaded the full version of devcpp you ought to have it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

MSVS2003 330kb Mingw32+strip.exe 1.13MB

At least it fits on a floppy disk now.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

AF wrote:I'm a windows user not a linux user, as far as I'm aware I dont have a strip command.
So what? Did I say run strip on linux?

If I say run msword you understand me too right? So why wouldn't you if I say run strip? Please don't pull off such silly arguments, every dev ought to know how to run a program with an argument, especially if you have been developing a lobby...

Also compile with -Os (optimize for size: scons configure optimize=s IIRC) if you really care about these few kilobytes.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

tobi, please don't snipe, I know msword.exe yes, but that's because I'm used to seeing it in task manager.
I have devc++ which uses mingw32, and I do not use command lines to compile save in University using javac.exe, so please enlighten me.
Easy, just find your gcc.exe and you'll find strip.exe in the same directory
MSVS2003 330kb Mingw32+strip.exe 1.13MB
At least it fits on a floppy disk now.
I'm just thinking 2.7MB isn't a few kilobytes, and wasn't trying to be argumentative at all, just that I'm a windows user and don't use the command prompt to compile, and aren't very familiar with gcc/mingw32, so I might need more instruction than a simple 'use strip'.

So please, how is it any different to me telling you to run an arbitrary command you've never heard of to-do with a compiler that's a port of a compiler usually found on an operating system you've never heard of in a foreign language?

My only experience with gcc or mingw32 has been through creating devc++ and codeblocks projects, shoving a load of files in, then copying include paths from VS projects. Don't fault me for not having any real knowledge fo mingw32 as a result.

Getting back on topic, I'm fast coming to the opinion that while replays can be of some use to an AI dev, there are very few AI devs who have the time to actually replay them and try to discern stuff out of them, that they couldn't already get in 2 minutes from a player, or actually playing it themselves. Really we need someone to summarize and evaluate.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

An image is worth a thousand words.

If I were to write an AI (which I don't have time for...), I'd beg for _commented_ replays - they're of highest value for both newbies and AI devs, because an experienced player can point out the really important things. (I was a newbie when I found min3mat's (IIRC) replays of the week, that stuff was really great.) So, Argh, go comment your replay and explain why you were doing what you were doing :)

Return to “AI”