All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Day

Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !!

Post by Day »

BA Discussion Has Moved Here.

My version of AA has fixed and changed numerous things about AA
(changelog in the DL)

Its basicly AA 2.23 with changes to fix certain units because caydr has been late with a new fix for just a few units, ive also made K-kbots more viable and im all in for making every unit usefull instead of a small 10% that youl ever need. for the rest all i do is FBI Monkeying so
lots of credit still goes to Caydr.

Download link

zip: http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/23 ... ation_4.7/

if you notice serious flaws or things that need tweaking post here or PM me in the lobby my nick is [WarC]IZergYou or [WarC]DayWalkeR

PS: to caydr if you disaprove of this and have good reasons for it il stop this fork.
Last edited by Day on 29 Nov 2006, 21:42, edited 6 times in total.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

It's great it's actually fun, and i think nearly all units are actually usefull!

here's the changelog:
Change log from AA 2.23 to Balanced Annihilation xD

Flash/Instigator health reduced
Stumpie/Raider costs reduced acceleration increased projectile speed increased
Samson/Slasher costs reduced damage increased slightly
Wolverine/Shellshocker range increased
Weasel/Jeffy health and damage reduced
Construction vehicle workertime decreased
Leveler costs reduced damage increased speed increased
Peewee/AK speed increased AK range increased reloadtime increased
Construction kbot workertime increased it now builds faster then the construction vehicle
Rocko/Storm damage increased slightly maxspeed increased slightly
Hammer/Thud damage increased slightly
Warrior energy costs reduced
Flea now has a blowtorch! (actually its a bug i cant fix, im a noob modder!)
Tier one Kbot lab metal costs reduced
Solar now only costs metal
Wind energy cost increased slightly
Can damage increased slightly (3%)
Morty costs reduced (spam baby spam)
Pyro health increased slightly
Dominator range increased (it now actually outranges Vipers! and lots of other stuffs)
Maverick health reduced (you can get the fuckers by doing lots of damage at once so the regeneration doesnt have a chance)
Reaper/Bulldog range decreased
Merl/Diplomat health decreased alot! (i honestly dont know why an artilery unit like that had 3k health)
Luger/Pillager now fire at low trajectory with increased damage
Panther health reduced
Tremor damage increased slightly
Brawler/rapiers now have 1k health
Banshee damage increased (20%) E costs reduced
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

I like this, but why does the k-bot build faster then the vehicle? the vehicle still costs more, right? (it was that way in ota, and was never changed, untill now)
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

seems alright except for the changes to builders which is just wrong in so many ways.
Also don't think its fair for the popups to be outraged by a dirtcheap unit like the dominator, especially after the nerfs they got in the last few aa versions.
Day

Post by Day »

it cant outrange popups.. with this buff it can finally outrange vipers! UMG

as for the builders why is it so wrong? the veh is faster can reclaim a scout o_O because it has so much more armor

the kbots are poor slow things with hardly any health they only build a little bit faster.. its to help balance vehicles vs kbots

plasma turrets hehe well its kinda stupid if they CANT outrange them
Last edited by Day on 24 Nov 2006, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

what did you think I meant by popups?
Day

Post by Day »

yeah its not like they are merls.. which have alot MORE range and alot MORE damage.. the dominator damage isnt much and it has low health/speed
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

Well you don't really need any more range, just as long as you out range what you're trying to kill.
And the con changes I can see you're trying to make kbots more usefull but fixing flashes/ scouts is more than enough, the conbot is already cheaper and can climb hills and now has more power whereas the convec is left with high armor which is a lot less useful than any of those things.
Day

Post by Day »

.... its only a BIT cheaper and only builds a BIT faster because it dies to anything, the convehs armor is worth more then you think if a group of conbots gets hit by a guadian you can kiss them goodbye but convehs.
their ALOT faster as well they get to things faster and can run away better
granted kbots can go on rough terrein but in most maps that doesnt really matter.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

Well bots are a bit slower but they make up for it in size and acceleration, plus if a guardian hits a conveh it's blown away- will drive back to where it was- and then get blown up, so not much of a difference.
I think this mod has pretty much the same flaws as AA when it comes to changing things that need fixing in the 1st place :lol:
Day

Post by Day »

but i dont leave them unfixed for months... and how can you say that.. its only been out for a couple of hours XD
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Like rockos outrange llts, dominators should outrange vipers, what other use would this kbot have if not outranging static defences?
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

You're right, in theory thats the job of artillery in aa, but the dominator isn't comparable to other lvl2 arty because it's so cheap, it's just a spammable arty support unit or a quick way to clear all lvl1 defenses without combat, sort of like the morty, I actually wouldn't mind the dominator becoming more like a sniper or a merl but you'd have to re balance it.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Machiosabre wrote:You're right, in theory thats the job of artillery in aa, but the dominator isn't comparable to other lvl2 arty because it's so cheap, it's just a spammable arty support unit or a quick way to clear all lvl1 defenses without combat, sort of like the morty, I actually wouldn't mind the dominator becoming more like a sniper or a merl but you'd have to re balance it.
it's not really spammable, it's like only usefull vs static defense, because the missle has a rather long travel time. you are better of buying a few of them, and spam some other units.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Don't like it! Now taking out their solar farms is not as useful as it once was. I see the benefits in getting the economy up and running quickly, but then there's a lot less incentive in protecting your energy farms.

Other than that, it's very good!
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Lippy wrote:
Don't like it! Now taking out their solar farms is not as useful as it once was. I see the benefits in getting the economy up and running quickly, but then there's a lot less incentive in protecting your energy farms.

Other than that, it's very good!
What if it were your solar farms..... You would have no chance of making a come back... and now you do have a chance!

And your energy being PWN will still hurt you a lot, all your Lasertowers will malfunction, your unit production will be stalled, you can't D-gun...
Drexion

omg, Day is making a AA branch?

Post by Drexion »

Omg...I may have to play spring again, damn you Daywalker!!!

-Drexion
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

What if it were your solar farms..... You would have no chance of making a come back... and now you do have a chance!

And your energy being PWN will still hurt you a lot, all your Lasertowers will malfunction, your unit production will be stalled, you can't D-gun...
I would not let my solars be destroyed that easily! It is their fault if they do not protect their solars! It also encourages people to focus more on economy rather than offense -> I can get 1 convehicle to build 3 solars, then a metal maker, 3 solars then metal maker etc.. After a few minutes of play, you will be in the black, and profit from extra metal. Now if I do this with a few vehicles, i can get a strong economy up very quickly, with the sacrifice of some attack units. This was not true in 2.23, as you had to balance energy expenditure on building more solars, or converting it to metal.
And don't bother saying that "an experienced player will not allow that blah blah" because stationary defences are more cost effective than units, and it is quite easy to porc, especially early on.
Last edited by Lippy on 24 Nov 2006, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Day

Post by Day »

Its not like that at all, it helps for a faster start and faster gameplay..
because energy costs in AA are generally high, and solars cost nothing
(if you would only build solars) youl have more energy to spend on other things while building more, while in 2.23 lots of energy goes into building more solars, either way you NEED the energy
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Day wrote:Its not like that at all, it helps for a faster start and faster gameplay..
because energy costs in AA are generally high, and solars cost nothing
(if you would only build solars) youl have more energy to spend on other things while building more, while in 2.23 lots of energy goes into building more solars, either way you NEED the energy
While I agree energy costs are high, i still don't think solars should be free. How about increases the solars output to ~25/27?

EDIT: Or make adv. solars cheaper?

Return to “Game Releases”