Mirage

Mirage

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Neuralize

Mirage

Post by Neuralize »

Hit it.

8x8x1024, I think o.O; Getting a new computer soon so I can make vroom ditty bang weo maps. Tiles I used were a little nuts, boosting the size to like... Uh.. 18 megs zipped. Attempts at compression only resulted in bad looking funk.
If I remake this map, I might try with 32x32 tiles, even though that will look a4adwasdf.

4 players. Visable metal patches. Doesn't go into lsd mode when you try and build metal extractors. Free hookers in the bottom left corner.

Needs to be uploaded somewhere, Storm, I'll probably be contacting you soon.
Last edited by Neuralize on 23 May 2005, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

fucking awsome
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Read your PM, Neuralize.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Can I suggest having the majority/best metal patches on the ground, similar to OTA's Yerrot Mountains, or Ashap Plateau.

This forces the players to go to the lower ground to search for the better metal points, while the higher ground offers the perfect spots for bases to attack/defend said metal patches.

Nice map!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Looks good. I can't see the metal patches on the screenshot. It clearly shows that you used three textures for the three height level. And it clearly shows that you made a fourth and completed by symetry. And the yellow-white transition is a bit too high, should be at hill bottom not in mid hill. I like that red texture, where did you get it/how did you make it?
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

Hosted on FileUniverse, happy birthday and goodnight :)
SavageBT

Post by SavageBT »

Nice, though the mountain sides do look a little like layered and symmetrical jelly or drinks.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Just tested the map, looks great however, i think some more metal on the sand will make the map a whole lot better...

esspeaclyly in those open area's and in the middle
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

I really like how it look.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

That red texture? It's uhm, some funky seemless rock pattern I found and then manipulated in photoshop.
>.>
<.<
Once I get enough textures going on, I might release some sort of seemless texture pack for the masses to rejoice in.

Anyway, I may swap the bottom texture of the plateaus, convert textures to 32x32 (:/), and add more metal. Expel upon me critiques and baskets filled with flowers and fruity vespas of horned crab.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

It doesn't need more metal, just a shift in metal from the plateaus to the valley floor. You'll see it'll make the map play far better.
Buggi

Re: Mirage

Post by Buggi »

Neuralize wrote: Free hookers in the bottom left corner.
Sawwwweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

:D :D :D

-Buggi

Return to “Map Releases”