Ennemi building stay out of los - Page 2

Ennemi building stay out of los

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Storm what is wrong with you? Have you even tried it?
"Spring just died a little bit. This fucking sucks."
You need to hear yourself. All recent company-developed RTS's have this feature. It only makes sense, anyway. And it improves gameplay, just simply by remembering stuff you could but probably wouldn't bother to. Its useful, its realistic, it reduces micromanagement, you haven't tried it and you claim "This fucking sucks."
I vote that if you don't apologise for what you said, then you get a sticky thread about you where people make anonymous posts about how much YOU fucking suck. (O yeah, now that is a threat!)
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

That thread already exists doomweaver, its called the AA forum on PA.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Doomweaver, Skynet just called and said they'd be more than willing to play the game for you...

I can only hope someone here is intelligent enough to get that.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

I think it will reduce Porking too. If you have a little base it is easy to discover your base. But if you have an "all over the map" base, wich is always in contruction, you will have an advantage.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Storm what is wrong with you? Have you even tried it?
Yes, I have... in every other RTS game...

This was the whole beauty in TA - the radar. Wonderful Radar! AHHAHA, you thought so, so we remove it!
And it improves gameplay, just simply by remembering stuff you could but probably wouldn't bother to.
Improves gameplay? Perhaps for the poor games that don't have a radar, in which case, it drastically destroys the game.
Its useful, its realistic, it reduces micromanagement
If you wanted real realism, the LOS range would pick up the whole Seven Islands map and the radar would probably reach out even further while any little rifle could shoot jigs across Comet Catcher. That's realism. This is a realistic game.
I vote that if you don't apologise for what you said
Ok, let me rephrase what I said...

THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!
then you get a sticky thread about you where people make anonymous posts about how much YOU fucking suck. (O yeah, now that is a threat!)
Go ahead, make my day. It would just be amusing to read.
That thread already exists doomweaver, its called the AA forum on PA.
Yeah, I use to go there to laugh at the inept retards that can't type a word without misspelling it twice.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Storm : If it really sucks, and we discover it was an error, I'm sure it will be removed . Let's see...
Storm

Post by Storm »

Thing is, after playing games with people that set out rules like "No EMG, no planes, no nukes, no bertha, no units on hills", this is just a step further to simulate a tool game against the AI with all strategic options blatantly stripped off and burned. This is what such people like... to keep it easy and pointless, to slowly rip out the whole game and replace it with a three unit paper-rock-scissors strategy.

Well, thing is that all these loons will like it and force to keep it, in order to once again kick serious players in the crotch. Like I said, why don't yuou play with permanent LOS anyway?
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Storm wrote: Well, thing is that all these loons will like it and force to keep it, in order to once again kick serious players in the crotch. Like I said, why don't yuou play with permanent LOS anyway?
Because I don't want to see the mouvement of my ennemi...
Storm

Post by Storm »

You already do with Radar, now you can differ the buildings from the walking army, so you practically see exactly what how much the enemy is sending at you... and if you know a little about speed, you will know exactly what he's sending against you. This is a fucking outrage, don't you people get it? With this function you can just as like play with LOS because it will mean basically the same thing.

* Storm smashes forehead on keyboard *
Last edited by Storm on 22 May 2005, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

But I don't know if it's a samson or a krogoth...
Beside on a big map, the radar don't coverage the whole map.

Hey man, I've played at a lot a rts, a lot have the building that stay in los and in no one it's like playing with a permanently los.

I'm only critic that you insult this system without trying it.
Last edited by Torrasque on 22 May 2005, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Good lord... compare "Oh, I see 20 dots moving reasonably fast, that could be Samsons and there are about 10 that are really slow which could either be Goliaths or Cans - bad in either way" with "HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF DOTS!!"

It's so friggin impressive that the SYs remove the .units command and then implement this one.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

SJ wrote:I pretty much added this today. ...
On my behalf, thanks for such a wonderfull feature!
Storm

Post by Storm »

Soon the player will be limited to two options: Attack and Wait, the game will do the rest.

I hate it when the "no units on hills"-people win.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

I think we should go back to Dune , when we was only able to select one unit at each time. Like that, the player will have a lot more of strategy because he will have to send a lot of order.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

well maybe it's not that bad after all, it leaves us with more time so we cando other things, like spell our name with dragon teeth(i stole this from the gnugs), or other usefull things :P
Storm

Post by Storm »

Wow, cool you are so totally missing the point. Thanks for having a clue.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

I think we both missing the point....we just don't want the same game.

But I don't think one will be better than the other, just personal taste.
Storm

Post by Storm »

If you can't differ between interface and gameplay, I don't even know why you suggested this shit
Storm wrote:You already do with Radar, now you can differ the buildings from the walking army, so you practically see exactly what how much the enemy is sending at you... and if you know a little about speed, you will know exactly what he's sending against you. This is a fucking outrage, don't you people get it? With this function you can just as like play with LOS because it will mean basically the same thing.
As I said. This is equal to playing with full LOS more or less. Of course it's good for games with a completely different strategy system that contain only one defense structure, but it's a fucking nuisanse to put into a game of this sort. It's like spitting in the face of the creators and their original ideas. Soon there will be no TA in Spring at all. It'll just be a Dawn of War clone with many units.
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

I was just speaking about reducing _micro_managing.

I would agree with you only if we remove the marker and whiteboard.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Torrasque wrote:I was just speaking about reducing _micro_managing.

I would agree with you only if we remove the marker and whiteboard.
duh, those won't be needed then anymore...

Return to “General Discussion”