Blender + 3DO

Blender + 3DO

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Kinection

Blender + 3DO

Post by Kinection »

I'm going to open up another topic for this again to make it more visible.

It would be nice to have the ability for Blender to be able to export 3DO objects for TASpring models. Since Blender is free and Open Source and has python powered extension power, it'll be nice if somebody who knows python can write something up for this.

There are many Blender heads out there that could contribute to this project.. if they can. The current blender does not work with 3DOBuilder, unless there is alternative or something like this already done, I see little ability for those 3D modelers who would not like to spend $400 on software to help out here.

I for one, would love to help, just can't.

If there is already a Blender -> 3DO exporter, than that's cool too, please link.

So... Blender + 3DO? Anyone? I don't know how to program in python so I wouldn't be able to make this though.

Thank you.

Some blender sites:
http://www.blender3d.org/
http://www.elysiun.com/
http://www.blenderman.org/
Alterscape

Post by Alterscape »

In the short term, Caligari makes Truespace3 freely available online. Granted, it's about 7 years old and the interface is even less coherent than Blender's original, but it has the basic functionality you'd need to start modelling. Just a thought, while we're waiting for someone to come through for Blender.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

If I recall correctly I do remember 3do builder being able to import obj files.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Can I convert .3ds files to 3do? i.e. import them into Blender, then export them as .3do?
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

i use blender and i try to make walkers
so it s a cool soft and it can make game with control your model in real time !!!
but i stop for te same problem
it seems gmax is a free 3ds compatible[/img]
SeaEagle1

Post by SeaEagle1 »

You don't need .3ds files... You can export .3do's with the SY's plugins for 3dsmax v3 to v5, otherwise you'll have to export your model in pieces in .lwo (LightWave object) or .dfx (Autocad object) where the first one works the best. Then you can import the pieces into 3DO Builder and write them as .3do. I think there are some people on TAU's Eyecandy forum who make renders of .3do's with Blender, so you might want to check out their conversion trajectory. Also I've heard quite a lot about people converting things using Milkshape3D, which has a .3do plugin available.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

It is possible to assign materials, vertex color, UV coordinates and textures, but there will be improvements in those features before Wings goes 1.0.

There is no support in Wings for doing animations.

someone talk about (free) wing3d for modeling unit but where are export script/plugin ?
and this no animation is not a problem ???
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

What about a standalone all-in-one converter?
That way I could get modelling with Anim8or
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

Anim8or works great with Windows 95, Windows 98, WinNT, Win2K, WinME, and WinXP
# Import and modify .3DS (3D Studio), .LWO (Lightwave), and .OBJ (Wavefront) object files,
# Export .3DS files,
# Built in 3D Object browser,

it s seem cool !
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Personally I use Milkshape for Meshes and such, I use Rhino, but is pretty crappy IMO for advanced models, can't make Biological models with Rhino very well.

Blender is cool, but it's a little hard to understand their interface, I prefer a more standard interface like Rhino.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

but rinho and rds likes are for rich guys or pirates isn t ?
well i search help for blender scripts export because i m started
but it s not really dificult blender
in first time it s slow but with tutorial it s possible !
i dont know for others progs bt blender have interactiv engine for game your models (i use for anime robots axes its work and they can take cube in hand in real time with keybord control )
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

yes napalm it s seem good for totala unit but for general use maybe anim8or.exe is more util with animat feature
do you try this two for comparat ?
perso i have not start it ...
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

If I recall correctly I do remember 3do builder being able to import obj files.
If this is possible, then what is the actual problem with converting Blender data to 3DO (via 3DO builder)?
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

blender files are .blend format it seem

Return to “Art & Modelling”