!maplink, Bots and STFU

!maplink, Bots and STFU

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

iamacup

!maplink, Bots and STFU

Post by iamacup »

whoever wrote the bot that replies to the !maplink command, can you make it stfu. every single bot in the lobby replies to the command, and its kinda annoying.

ive reactivated cookiebot so, you can at least turn off that feature for now.

you cant really have a feature that returns info to a user on a bot that is distrobuted between multiple users, or you get many returns of the same info.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Also, licho's springie bot doesnt use the same type of !maplink as cookiebot. cookiebot uses a customized script specially made, and has support for things like parameters and different typs of searches aswella s providing UF a backend with which to do other thigns.

For example UF used to use cookiebot to pm tournemant players before it started.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Well it's now disabled on most springies, but cookiebot isn't there again. So I think that some minor spam is still better than no response.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Nobody ever tells me when cookiebot is down, and everyone always assumes its best to wait for me to login and run a single command
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

or you could fix it so it restarts itself?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

I didnt even know we are supposed to tell you .. What happens to it anyway that it needs user intervention? Some HW problem with machine?
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

no the machine is up 24/7 cookiebot dies, i dont know why, maybe AF does :P
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

If its simple to do, you could tell me how to restart cookiebot and I could keep an eye on it when I'm idling in the lobby. I think cookiebot usually dies because the lobby server restarts and it doesn't ever come back on.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Hmm can't it just reconnect? :)
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

I usually restart cookiebot when its down, although cup needs to tell me what server its on now-days.
MrNubyagi

Post by MrNubyagi »

discriminatingly banned by decimator
Last edited by MrNubyagi on 30 Nov 2006, 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

$> screen
$> while true; do ./cookiebot; done

Then press ctrl+a, d to leave the screen.

You can always reattach the screen session with screen -r.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That would lead to hundreds possibly thousands of cookie bots instances laying idle.

There was a routine that lead to cookiebot reconnecting but it was borked so I disabled it.

And iamacup doesn't know how to install the screen package so I cant debug cookiebot either.

Cookiebot disconnects if someone kicks it, or iamacups server goes down or is rebooted, or if the server is restarted or if the server detects a time out and kicks cookie bot..
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

No, Chojin is right. His shell script makes sure exactly 1 cookiebot instance is running at every time. (provided it doesn't detach itself from console)

Return to “General Discussion”