AI vs AI

AI vs AI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Alterscape

AI vs AI

Post by Alterscape »

I was just skimming some of the discussion in the AI forum, and I hope this isn't off-topic to post in development, but would it be too much to ask that Spring allow multiple different AIs to be used in the same game (one for each team) once AI and skirmish gets implemented? Since the different projects will have different approaches, it would be highly amusing to set up a grudge match between two or three and then spectate the chaos.. Just a thought. It might give way to a subset of Spring games where coders square their custom AIs off against eachother.

I realize this is totally off the wall and likely not of interest to anyone but myself, but I thought I'd toss it out there. Flame away.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

*move this to AI forum*
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

If only we were moderators ay Alantai?

Hint hint. 8)
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Well you guys post enough, but you do have a bit of an attitude ;)

I do agree with the original poster, an AI vs AI match should be possible so mod developers can clearly weigh ballance.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Yes, AI vs AI is a must, just so we can find out which AI plays the better game... Just think of it, Alantais AI kick the stuffing out of jouninkomikos...

About being an Admin... I dont think u guys are realy sutable...
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :twisted:

But only because im not aparently either

aGorm
Alterscape

Post by Alterscape »

Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum, Alantai. I looked at both AI and development and decided this was more of a development issue than an AI design issue.. but.. apparantly I was wrong. ^^; Sorry for the inconvenience.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

it'll be a long time before i have time to code up an AI. the work on the interface and other projects (not to mention my job this summer that starts on tuesday) will drain up alot of time.

**EDITED OUT**
Last edited by jouninkomiko on 20 May 2005, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Hay, I take offence at that jouninkomiko :( I not complaing I was pokin fun at [K.B.] Napalm Cobra for trying to suggest It. I could not give a Rats Arse, after all youd want sensible adults to do it not thiko 18 year olds like me. Sorry if i came over that i wanted to be one.

aGorm
Alterscape

Post by Alterscape »

Oops, I misread Alantai's comment as "MoveD" not "move" and thought he'd either done it himself or called a mod. I guess I should be apologizing to jouninkomiko and the other board admins for the inconvenience. Anyway, yeah..
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I have my hands full most of the time and i'm already being an admin to TAD.

I just come here to get the latest about spring and contribute some feedback to the development...

Too bad there wont be an AI anytime soon, perhaps you need to recruit a new AI dev?
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

haha no worries :) i guess i misinterpreted what you meant agorm, my bad. it just seemed like alterscape was attacked, and you all were demanding being made mods.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Demanding is such a harsh word Jounin.

I'm not a 'thiko 18 year old', I am infact a rather intelligent yet tentatively balanced 16 year old.

And I'm not attacking alterscape, the only reason there might not be multiple ai's used is if Jounin codes it that way, so go 'encourage' not to him.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

i'd prefer it if multiple ai's could be used... it really depends on how much of a change needs to be made to spring. right now, it wasnt really designed to have multiple teams controlled by a single computer. i don't think the change from one AI to multiple AIs will be that much, though, so i'll aim to put it in
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

*whoa, moderator discussion, must run away*

Now really aGorm your just as good a candidate as me or napalm, and I have darkstars to take care of (so does napalm come to think of it).

But yes it is an essential need to be able to battle 2 rival AI against eachover for testing purposes and whatnot
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Yes, it is essential, if only to prove that X AI owns Y AI.

I'm learning Algebra, though I wish sincerely I wasn't.

Besides, if Joun want's his AI to be unbeatable, he'll have to get past AF's and mine.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Aha, and I would ahve many a thign to say about that but I am unable to rlease certain thigns out intot he open and update what I ahve at darkstars due to certain problems..... damn admins blocking all removable media, I cant transfer anything......
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I deffinitely think that having an AI should be a priority... it would probably be a good idea to either have multiple AIs running while your plaing on your own too... maybe even a version of spring that could connect to an IP and be an AI without rendering the graphics bit...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Alas, I suggested that in the first ever AI thread ont hese forums and also explained why.... You'd need to code in half the existing engine, pathfinding, sub AI behaviours, terrain deformation etc..... then keeping it in sync with the rest of the project... It's all too much.

dammit i'd post ym original copy of the SSAI thread but I cant use removable media in school....
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Try a library nearby. Most should have net access.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

lmao, I havent got a nearby library and the nearest library to me anywhays has an hours limit on access, and is ran by the same people who run this school network. That goes for every single library or school in the county that isnt indpendantly ran.

btw is anyone with a 3G phone on the three network willing to act as a http proxy?

Return to “AI”