[SPOILERS]AMAGAWD SUPCOM BETA! - Page 11

[SPOILERS]AMAGAWD SUPCOM BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

wait.. when you say fun, would you say its more or less fun than a good game of one of the main spring mods?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

If you are in a game where everybody has quite a good computer/connection, supcom IS REALLY a LOT of fun!! Due to the scale and the speed of unit production it really feels good!

And yes of course scale is realtive, so perhaps a spring mod with small units can make about the same scale.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

NOiZE wrote:And yes of course scale is realtive, so perhaps a spring mod with small units can make about the same scale.
Epic E&E is on its way.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

It's pretty funny that all the people who were whining about Spring's right click interface somehow have conformed to it to play Supcom and are not really angry about it, as before there was rioting and outrage among many about it being the only option in Spring.

I have a theory that SUPCOM is really an overhauled version of the Spring engine :P
The game even desyncs and creates alternate realities.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I always found the left click interface of OTA really annoying to be honest.

Someone record a game play video showing off some battles please. :)
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Supcom is fun.. just you feel like sometimes you have to chew your way through a dumpster full of dog shit in order to find that 20 dollar bill at the bottom..

At least that is how it feels playing that game..

That and the maps available are made of fail... most of them that is.. to many 8 v 8 maps or 4 v 4.. they needed a couple more 1 v 1, and some 2 v 2 beyond that desert one...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

There's that island one that I really like, with the lake in the middle...thats a 1 V 1 player map.
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

Decimator wrote:Epic E&E is on its way.
yay! EEE!

Hopefully the other like.. 6 people who used to play it with me are still around hehe
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Fanger wrote:Supcom is fun.. just you feel like sometimes you have to chew your way through a dumpster full of dog shit in order to find that 20 dollar bill at the bottom..

At least that is how it feels playing that game..

That and the maps available are made of fail... most of them that is.. to many 8 v 8 maps or 4 v 4.. they needed a couple more 1 v 1, and some 2 v 2 beyond that desert one...
I don't see any 8v8 maps.. in fact, most of the maqps seem to play 1v1 very well.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

camera rotation is possible, it automatically snaps back unless you press a command keeps the camera angle. pretty cool actually. forgot the keys though, been a few days since i had the time to play.
Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

THis game is pure destruction.

You spamm spamm spamm spamm spamm and never stop spamming lvl1 units.
while spamming you spamm more and more factories and while spamming more you upgrade your stuff and expand.

the whole game is a big war! And this makes it an incredible experience!

move your units around and try to get your opponents commander :)

i like it :) , you don t even need to use the minimap because you zoom in zoom out whole game and have no time to chill.

ps: i don t like it, i love it ;p
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

spamming is made waaaay easier by the repeat build order button and the almost infinite number of engineers you can pack around a factory guarding it. they need some sort of automatic metal extractor placy thing though, it is really hard to click on the patches zoomed all the way out.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

bah I meant 8 player maps, and so forth.. my bad..
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Neuralize wrote:So, does anyone else notice how fast supcom loads compared to spring?

No pathing, and load speeds are pretty much the same regardless of map size.

For anyone that needs a gui button to turn off their buildings, you can just hit z. :P
Sometimes Wish spring could do some pre-work already in the Lobby, while waiting for other Players to join.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

MM cracked version FTW... This looks nice!!
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

oh come on, if waiting 15 seconds before an hour game is that crippling for you maybe you should set better music playing in the background.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Wow... I got 5-10 fps after an hour with 3 AI's.... Intel core 2 duo 1.8ghz, 7900GTO 2 gigs of ram...Demanding.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Its an issue, computers of all specs drastically slow down at a certain point.

Memory leak maybe
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Ishach wrote:Its an issue, computers of all specs drastically slow down at a certain point.

Memory leak maybe
and as jcnossen said, theres probably loads of debug info piling up

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”