XTA - Page 16

XTA

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Ill be their on thursday, but i must ask what time?
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

pintle wrote:... I LOVE com pushing, using his LOS to give teh crashers extra range over the enemy's, and repairing them along teh way. That is now suicide with crashers as they are.
Good!!! Get your comm the fuck off my base!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:...I HOPE ALL OF THE BETA TESTERS WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A GRAND FINAL TESTING MATCH LATE ON THURSDAY TO FINALISE ANNY ISSUES...
haaaaa, :(
I will be sleeping at that time probably :(
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

lmao

As for the time, well i dont know im just about to start work on it. FIRST OF ALL THE DAMN LOADSCREENS!

Got a few sfx from noruas!

Im not going to do anny more nerfing on the zips just yet, after the gold testing maybe.

DL gimp to get the icons 100% BEAUTIFULL! 8)

But what do u all think of FOE's icons?? Apart from the size (easaly sorted btw) i mean do u all like the idea of a radar picking up info to that accuracy? Forget the year and the relative realisum, its game play after all we all wont.

Is it a gd idea to have so manny icons on the minimap? Or do u want it more simple like i suggest? :?:
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Simple geometric icons are a better option than Foe's IMHO. You have to keep in mind that these icons can get very small on some maps (Foe posted an image of SmallDivide, which is only 8x8), and that they're also a lot smaller on the minimap. Icons like Foe's will probably become unintelligible.

My idea of good icons is:

1 for all buildings (e.g. a square)
1 for all mobile (land) units (e.g. a dot)
1 for all airborne unit (e.g. a triangle)
1 for all ships (e.g. a semi-circle)

and a couple non-generic icons for the commanders and the krogoth. You could also try to indicate lvl1/lvl2 by reverting the black and the white for lvl2, but I don't know if that'll turn out nice.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Foes icons are too complex, and they're distorted by the fact that they're not all the same size for the same sized units...

Also those little letters in those boxes quickly become indecipherable..

Stick to simple geometric shapes

A circle for ground untis with perhaps a smaller square or thin rectangle for vll 1 and 2 for lvl 2

A mex icon

an resource icon (power/lightning symbols anyone?)

A factory symbol

A general building symbol

Air symbol

Sea symbol

And that should be it, all geometric shapes

Commanders symbol

lightning symbol, circle, square, plus, cross, half circle, triangle, mex looking symbol, commander.

The current symbols are better than foes imo, they're easier to see. Justa dd a way to differentiate factories energy and mexes from normal buildings....
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

colorblind wrote:Simple geometric icons are a better option than Foe's IMHO. You have to keep in mind that these icons can get very small on some maps (Foe posted an image of SmallDivide, which is only 8x8), and that they're also a lot smaller on the minimap. Icons like Foe's will probably become unintelligible.

My idea of good icons is:

1 for all buildings (e.g. a square)
1 for all mobile (land) units (e.g. a dot)
1 for all airborne unit (e.g. a triangle)
1 for all ships (e.g. a semi-circle)

and a couple non-generic icons for the commanders and the krogoth. You could also try to indicate lvl1/lvl2 by reverting the black and the white for lvl2, but I don't know if that'll turn out nice.
+1
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

lol nice pic warc
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Sorry i wasnt here on thursday, somthing unexpected popped up...
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

*******************[ARM ZIPPER]************

Changed Idle Auto Heal = 5
Changed Heal time = 60
Changed Weapon damage 34 TO 30 (-4)
Turn rate 866 WAS 1300
Health 700 WAS 750
*******************[CORE_FREAKER]***************

Changed IdleAutoHeal = 5
Changed Healtime = 60
Changed Weapon damage 42 TO 30 (-12)
Turn rate 740 WAS 1111
Health 745 WAS 870

Does this make mongy happy?

Also Mong seems to think that the crashers are now Laughable coz of there `overPWNED'ness`

Hopfully the FINAL testing should point this out to be true or fals. (But what does Mong suggest?)

The Morties proved to be most successful

And yes there is a new change log, yes the GOLD is out + no no one can have, well yet lol. The server it was uploaded to last night `timed out` So im gunna try to re--upload it to a different server asap. Expect a new change log to be uploaded anny time soon!
mongus

Post by mongus »

im not happy.

are you happy now?

Its too many, to start with.

I dont like many changes, but well that is fine, im not the one making changes, and ive already give a lot of (unwelcomed?) feedback.

what else have the rest of our fine players here have to say?

Im not the only one who has give his opinion in this thread already.

Also, altough i dont like some changes, so happened from v0.66 to v7PE, and no one died, and the result is way better looking than old xta.

Lets move on, i think i speak for everyone when i say, we want an official version to trash official bases soon.

Hail crasher fix!
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

If it means we get a release soon, you can give the commanders sombreros, put them on vespas, and make the d-gun shoot soap bubbles. Just get version 8 out, if it's not perfect we can fix it later.
pintle

Post by pintle »

seriously, remake FOTB edition exactly like you just said. I will give you beer.

If you nerf freaker like that make it cost same as zipper.

Sorry i aint been round for testing much this week, some family commitments getting in teh way.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Foe OfTheBee wrote:If it means we get a release soon, you can give the commanders sombreros, put them on vespas, and make the d-gun shoot soap bubbles.
I'm on it!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Easy on the soap peet.

And i havent changed the cost of the fast-w, im happy with what i have done to the zippers. Im just consened on how much of a nerf i added to the crashers!

Im going to pass out the link to the beta testers now, i had a bad yesterday so things got a bit crappy. After some testing i hope to go public by monday. This could be earlyer depending on the amount of feedback i get and when.

All i notice on whats left is to sort out the sfx for the Panther and create a existing plain crash sfx without Noruas's sfx. (Testers may find a lightnight sfx when a bomber crashes into the ground when engins are out!)
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

yay! :lol:
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Well the test i just had with green giant n Paulada basicly showed i suck lmao.

I got pwned by manny zippers! This ment i got pinned in, and every time i tryed to expand i got smashed!

This could be just my crappy game plan, + im not going to change the hole fast-w just becoz i lost ok lol

However i did notice the time spent in waiting for the units to heal in the replay. The idle heal script i added proved to be most interesting + literally saved my hide! Conpairing this to V7 i guess i would of been toasted.

The crashers seemed fine to me and neither giant or Paul conplained (wich was nice)

Im hoping to spectate manny more games before monday before final desictions are made.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I think the nerfs look good though the core fast got nerfed like 2x as much, so Id expect a cost reduction to closer that of the zipper. I agree that crashers only need to be nerfed about 20% to remain effective but not as own.
XTA 7 has been a round a long time mong, so people are pretty sure about the problems. there is a number of them, but as long as all the changes are justified logically by the player base agreeing what needs changing about balance, it should be all good.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Well its out now, check the #XTA channel for details!

Expect a tiny update this weekend for icons and more load screens and perhaps a ballance if you people want something changed!

!!!XTA FOREVER!!!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

It appears i got some wedding to go to on sat ;-(

So.........

The Update on fast-w maybe prosponned untill tusday, i will try my best to do what i can with myg.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Instead of nerfing some units altogether, wouldn't it make more sense to funnel them a bonus against a few choice opponents to retain paper-scissors-rock?

Return to “Game Development”