tN - the talk and whats new

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

DemO

Post by DemO »

Ok, so there have been several topics/posts about tN recently referring to either the whole clan or particular members as cheats. I'm not sure exactly why this has been happening, although I assume its partly to do with the Orakio topic that was made a while back.

We are not going to argue against this simply because there is no point. Those that are deranged enough to think we cheat in the first place wont listen to anything we have to say, so i'll just drop the topic.

On a more important note, I was reading the forum post by isaac in the "does tN cheat" topic about [tN]Distant, and the content included, which got myself and other members in the clan talking.

Distant has been without a doubt the most detached member since the offset. Several of us have expressed objections to his attitude and actions within the spring community lately, so basically dont agree or get on well with him.

To put it simply, he has been expressing himself in a way that nobody is happy with - that meaning the general community in spring and tN members themselves.

We do not agree with or encourage the attitude he has brought to spring, and dont want to be seen to, so we have decided it's time for Distant to part from tN. We thought it best to announce this so you all know.

This topic is not meant for discussion, but simply to make our standpoint clear. Cheers.
DemO

The reason why this post was needed

Post by DemO »

[23:13:22] <[tN]DemO> Hey, i think ray has said this already, but we've come to a decision that it'd be better if you were no longer in tN.
[23:14:16] <[tN]Distant> And Ive come to a decision and that is to say to fucking hell with that your not going to make me fucking leave after I left like 5 times already only to have you beg me to come back fuck that dude
[23:15:05] <[tN]Distant> If you dont wnat the same tag as me make a new one
[23:15:30] <[tN]DemO> eh? i never even remotely begged you to come back, in fact i never even knew you left before.. i remember asking you why you wern't wearing your tag one time and getting no reply, but that's all.
[23:15:53] <[tN]Distant> u got a bad memory then
[23:16:10] <[tN]Distant> thats not how I remeber it
[23:17:00] <[tN]DemO> well, i announced this in the forum. Now its up to you, you can either be ridiculed by the general community for continuing to wear a tag of a clan you are no longer part of, or you can drop the tag and go do something else.
[23:17:44] <[tN]Distant> lmfao no ones going to give a flying fuck dude you think people care about this kind of shit? lmfao
[23:18:22] <[tN]Distant> ill leave when ressistance leaves the clan
[23:18:57] <[tN]DemO> meh, we'll see, but basically i dont see why you want to continue wearing the tag unless its A: A personal vendetta against tN or myself, or B: You are desperate to maintain a position in this clan
[23:19:41] <[tN]DemO> you dont really have a choice in the matter, the tag doesnt mean you're in the clan...we now consider you seperate.
[23:19:47] <[tN]Distant> lmfao dude the tag means nothing to me Im just wearing it in spite of you
[23:20:18] <[tN]DemO> k
Ok just to clarify, Distant may continue to wear the tag, but he is no longer considered a member of tN. Thx
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

The internet is serious business.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Some people aye... some people.

aGorm
Persh

Post by Persh »

Funny stuff. [Continues wearing his stolen SSFL tag to spite SuperNoob]
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

Wait a minute guys... i need to pause for micro time!!!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Fines of 500 cookies are to be levied against Distant and Persh for spiting clan leaders via tagnames.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Muahahahah... I wonder how many cookies I have, I don't even check :P
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

*wears his [SSFL] tag proudly as he almost never plays...*

ahem uh...

But yeah, we are the best clan evar. we barley even exist :lol:
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

...of of which has, of course, much relevance to the topic at hand.

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

If clan leaders request it spring moderators will force tag nappers to untag. Stealing a clan's tag without their consent is considered harassment and can lead to disciplinary action if requests for removal are not heeded.

Please keep your clan's entry on the wiki updated at all times for official recognition. Also, would clan leaders of clans that are no longer in existence please see to it that their entries are removed.
mongus

Post by mongus »

lol!

prepare for disciplinary action!11!

+2 to this must be offtopic or lobby

+10 to who cares its online games ffs.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Nixa wrote:Wait a minute guys... i need to pause for micro time!!!
This game was over before it started :cry: .
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Clans in spring dont really play games against eachother, so their main purpose is to advertise their member's association with eachother.

I have witnessed time and again that people will judge you immediately on any experiences with someone who shares the same clan tag as you. I'd wager half the people who post on these forums dont even play games in the lobby regularly and dont seem to understand why Demo needed to post this.

It takes alot to build a reputation, and one guy hurling racial slurs when he gets comnapped to destroy it.
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

Ishach wrote:It takes alot to build a reputation, and one guy hurling racial slurs when he gets comnapped to destroy it.
QFT. I played against Distant last night and because of his attitude, nearly added the entire of tN to my "do not play with" list, until somebody reminded me it's only him who acts like a tool.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I think tools are badass. Tools ask for nothing and can be used for quite a while before they break. They should obey with perfect discipline. I don't think tool describes him.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Calling someone a tool got a different meaning...
raneti

Post by raneti »

http://replays.unknown-files.net/replay.php?id=72

Judge for yourselves by watching the chatter. Its a few minutes long game. The part if find it sucks most is the part is where the host kicks an ally to reinstate the recipient of the stomp.

This is also an example why comm bombing is never an acceptable strategy. It triggers the tic-tac-toe pattern.
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

raneti wrote:This is also an example why comm bombing is never an acceptable strategy. It triggers the tic-tac-toe pattern.
That's not true at all.
raneti

Post by raneti »

Whats not true? Arguments?
That's not true at all.
This is so tiresome for the intelect :lol:
A: The grass is green.
B: No its not.
A: Its green Because i see it green.
A: Its green because everyone thinks so.
A: Its green because it sais so in this here book.
B. No its not.
A: Because its grass.
A: ...
A: Yes it is.
A: No its not.
B: Yes it is.
A: Ain't i a stinker.
B: Yes you are.
A: Good polemic extremely argumentative and educative.
B: Yes it ...is not.
A: There we go again folks.

Return to “General Discussion”