i ALSO have an idea for a mod....

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

My mod idea came from a realy cool dream i had. The only problem is that i cant remeber the damn dream! However I CAN remeber the idea behind the damn dream damnit!

Its called Bording Party. In a bording party game one player (or teams of players) has controll of the defence systems of the star ship being borded. The attackers controll the bording team that has to get to the reactor or the bridge. Reactor can power off certin systems, or be used to GUT the ship END TO END (Muhahahahahaha) The bridge can be used to controll atoudefence guns and doors. Defenders can use the turrets and the door's to trap and ensnare their enemy's. Its a cat and mouse game as mutch as it is a out and out fight. Your troops are non-expendable, but are highly faceted and skilled. They can crawl through air ducts, crouch, jump, fly and walk on the out side. Sample Senario:

Red lands his five borders on the outsides of a small Blue ship. The ship itself has no outer defence guns, so Blue sends its defenders out. The defenders are JUST as skilled as the attackers, exept they have no demolitions (they dont want to blow holes in their own ship). Demolitions make a large part of the game, like blowing holes in ships, going throuhg, "persuading" doors to open extera. However Red has two of his men set up EMG's (like M60's or other mountable machine guns) they begin to pepper the airlock where Blue is comming out. Blue tell his men to croutch and they hide as Red lay's a satchle charge into a corridor. BOOM (that is if their was sound in space, whitch their isent!). Red rappels into the ships corridors and begin shotting at the exposed Blue soldiers. 1 of the 6 blue soldiers die bites it before blue orders the ship to shut a door, cutting of red from the rest of the ship. Red uses another satchle charge to blow the door off and begin to worm their way to the reactor. A defence gun wounds a red soldier before it is take down. Doors' slow the squad up as they worm their way into the ship. This give's Blue time enough to set up a strong Defenceve stance. Red gets two of his soldiers cut down by the hevy fire from the reactor. Red retreats and heads towards the bridge, and all those door's being blowed up means he has a prertty clear path. Red arives first, and turns the guns on the ship against blue. That Axes 2 of blue's men who are stoped by a door and have to use the slower rout of crawling throught the crawlspaces to get round it. By now Red has planted mines in their path. Blue steps on mines, the end
TotalAnnihilator

Post by TotalAnnihilator »

Zoombie, as of now units cant go into units(besides transports)And youd better start working on it.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Uh, go buy Unreal Tournament 2004, or try a demo of it, it has exactly what you want. Spring just isn't the game you're looking for.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

God, don't tell him that. The UT community already has its share of morons...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

he UT community already has its share of morons...
Now just what are you insinuating! Are you saying that you think im a mornon. Well you might be right! Also i wasthinkign that this is less of a mod then an entirely different GAME.... hmmmm
smoth

Post by smoth »

Zoombie wrote:
he UT community already has its share of morons...
Now just what are you insinuating! Are you saying that you think im a mornon. Well you might be right! Also i wasthinkign that this is less of a mod then an entirely different GAME.... hmmmm
it has been done already.

Return to “Game Development”