All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'd still be playing Comm Continues.
Helix

Post by Helix »

Fanger wrote:Thats because the command mech is not the players avatar.. your not in/or on the battlefield, you are in a command and control center of some kind off the map in some fashion. The command unit is simply a allpurpose constructor unit that can be sent in first due to its higher armor and initial resource storage/generation..
that's why i proposed "URC Mobile Command: Helix" and not just "Helix", but after all it's only a detail

and "URC Mobile Command: Helix" may not even be possible, if that tag overwrites all the unit data...
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

KDR_11k wrote:In that case, how about flagging all important structures as commander so com ends game would be the equivalent of "we don't want to hunt down every last mex"? Or does that mess with the ressource storage?

ooh, good thinkin :-)
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

I want to know if that works.. as in do you need to kill all commanders or only one to trigger comm ends, and will it trigger at all or act like it does when you .take a second com and then can self d them at will with no consequences..
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

comm ends only triggers when a player owns 0 commanders, which is why if someone leaves in a game you can .take their commander and commbomb with it (if you're the commbombing type ;)) without penalty.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

ok ill consider that, In the mean time I have decide that URC will not get a amphibious complex.. they have no real pressing need for it, and should not be relying heavily on amphibious units..
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Mmm. As long as amphibs exist, I see no real problem with that.

PS: EE ROOLZ!
feanix

Post by feanix »

How's progress so far? A few days ago you were fairly confident of a new release in... uh... a few days. :D

Still on target?
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

Fang is a busy man.... he's got it under control... the next release, you will pee on yourself.

lets just leave it at that

its worth the wait.. :wink:
feanix

Post by feanix »

LathanStanley wrote:its worth the wait.. :wink:
Oh hells yes. It's pretty much the only thing I play on spring. Fuel for planes is gonna rawk. :D
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

from talking to fang an early estimate is mid to late next week for a release.

The new version is gonna rock but u guys are gonna have to tweak ur play styles. Hubs, fuel, shields and a lot more is gonna have a fun effect on gameplay.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

what exactly is the affect of shields upon gameplay?
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

ummm... stuff doesn't die as quickly? Honestly we haven't done a full on playtest yet which we will do when Fang is done.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

I had planned initially to release middle of next week, that was of course said during a moment of elation at being nearly done.. It was sadly a bit to optimisitic to suggest a release next week. Possibly not even the week after that, basically I suspect something will be done by about 2 weeks from this monday at least..

Im sorry if anyone got your hopes up.. but I found out the last few dozen units I had to do would be more work than I thought, and some other things occured to me, like corpses, and buildpics, and finializing some sounds.. so yeah..2 more weeks, or more.... hard to say Im not a gaming company and thus deadlines are optional at best..

those of you who get irritated by this, all I can say is GO POUND SAND!!
feanix

Post by feanix »

my first thought is "aww"

but yeah, mang, when its done! :D
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Pound sand?
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

yeah im just as confused as u firecrack :? :?: :?: :?:
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

I would be lying if I said ├óÔé¼┼ôI don├óÔé¼Ôäót care├óÔé¼┬ª take your time├óÔé¼┬Ø. But I know that the wait will be worth it. I still consider this the best mod out there and possibly the one big reason I play Spring.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

pound sand, jump off a bridge, go fuck yourself, bugger off, deal with it, STFU, you know that sort of stuff.. etc... I like go pound sand.. think about it pounding sand is pointless.. its basically saying fuck off nicely..
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

I figured it meant go hit a punching bag for a while...

Return to “Game Releases”