Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 13

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Bleh, Chris pwned me with like 4k ak's on speedmetal... Honestly, we got a kick out of what we got (4,000 Ak's Killing 3 Krogs and my base) but it was far too long a wait..
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Zippers have become basically this, a flea with a bit more armor.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

MR.D wrote:Zippers have become basically this, a flea with a bit more armor.
from the 'run through all defences and kill all econ uberownage' unit
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I think zippers could do with a tad higher damage output. Or even the same damage per second but a faster reload time.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Hellspawn wrote:I personally find peewes more useful then AKs. They can be use even in middle game in mix with other units due their high DPS. Enemy unit usually aims at most expensive unit first (correct me if I am wrong <_<) ignoring peewe which comes close and pwns. Not to mention that peewes on hill own everything ^^. I saw peewee beating 2 gators already. SO they aren't useless.
Yes. The strength of the Peewee is its high DPS. They suck at assaulting defenses, but if a small mob gets loose in your economy...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I'll definitely look into this sniper problem.
everything raneti said
1) Don't play speedmetal.
2) A handful of things you've said, such as needing 5 banthas to kill a krogoth, or that piece about lasers going through wreckage, have completely destroyed your credibility.

3 Banthas can destoy 1 krogoth, last I looked. The costs are roughly the same for the 3 as for 1 krog. And even if that's not the case, you've described it as reducing speedmetal's playability, so it's definitely not changing...

Added to topic: no speedmetal players allowed
added to first post:
Speedmetal and its derivatives reduce otherwise insightful critique to posts about how 30 krogoths shouldn't be able to destroy my 22 vulcans. Speedmetal is a completely different type of map and no posts relating to how AA plays on it will be tolerated. If you play speedmetal preferentially to "normal" maps, you're useless to the development process. Don't post here.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Caydr wrote:I'll definitely look into this sniper problem.
Added to topic: no speedmetal players allowed
added to first post:
Speedmetal and its derivatives reduce otherwise insightful critique to posts about how 30 krogoths shouldn't be able to destroy my 22 vulcans. Speedmetal is a completely different type of map and no posts relating to how AA plays on it will be tolerated. If you play speedmetal preferentially to "normal" maps, you're useless to the development process. Don't post here.
Well said. Personally, I think Speedmetal is fine to play on, if you like that sort of thing - but complaining about AAs balance on SpeedMetal is just silly. Take this analogy: your car is meant to be driven, not used as a stove. If you find that using your engine block as a heating element results in food that smells vaguely of motor oil, you don't complain to the car company. You suck it up and admit that your car isn't really designed to cook KD and
a: start using an oven instead of a car
b: just do it anyways accepting that your food will taste slightly of motor oil.
c: start designing a modified car with an engine block that doesn't make the food taste like motor oil.

K?
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Or you couldve just said aa isnt designed for speetmetal?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

arn't the sonar ranges really really small?
knorke

Post by knorke »

The range of the core floating radar seems to be REALLY small. Like only one screen (normal zoom) or something...

But I like the new transports, they can actually drop in combat now which is fun.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Caydr wrote:30 krogoths shouldn't be able to destroy my 22 vulcans.
What are you talking about? You need 48 krogoths to take out 22 vulcans!!! Learn the basics before you post here! noob.

:-)
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

funny...
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

I've never played Speedmetal, but I assume it has maxed out metal and wind and solar and shit so its basically like a "weak cheat map" that offers and requires absolutely no cognitive ability on the part of people who play it?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Yes, that and it's two large base building areas connected with small bridges that act as chokepoints. There's only one way to go to the enemy base which means porcing is very easy.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Quit talking about speedmetal, I can feel my soul drifting away...

Anyways, the rings for Floating radar, and sonar, even advanced sonar look tiny.. I'm going to asume that they're actually as short as the rings represent, so yeh.. their ranges are pathetic, they don't even see past the Firing range of lvl1 subs or even barely past skeeter range acording to their rings lol.
raneti

Post by raneti »

2) A handful of things you've said, such as needing 5 banthas to kill a krogoth, or that piece about lasers going through wreckage, have completely destroyed your credibility.
this is downright insulting lol, instigators fire over or through wreackage whatever graphics make no difference while flashes don't ; same way it fires through or overdragon teeth period

talk about credibility lol, no wonder...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

raneti wrote:
this is downright insulting lol, instigators fire over or through wreackage whatever graphics make no difference while flashes don't ; same way it fires through or overdragon teeth period

talk about credibility lol, no wonder...
Bull. Shit.

Nothing fires though wreckage, and the Instis and Flashes are the same height. Your credibility is now 0 in my books. Get out.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Sonar ranges are really small, yeah... I'll be making adjustments.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

I've been away a few days and need my AA fix! Is the DL link borked Caydr?
Be sure to ignore those who constantly bad mouth you and talk bollocks (you know who i mean) ^^

Keep up the stirling work! :P

And Raneti - you are a first class fool. :roll:
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

http://aaspring.tk

~~~

Ehh.. page is borked. I'll look into it...

~~~~

Seems the entire Sourceforge hosted site network is down. It'll surely be fixed soon, SF is a huge company. Meanwhile, here are direct links:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=453209

Return to “Game Releases”