Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 12

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I play whatever, I am equally good (bad?) with both... I prefer Core because they are the "evil" guys... Hehehehe
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Ishach:haha good try how about we take an echelon of games and compare the results instead because it sounds more scientific to me :D
Please go away.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Cost of a Krogoth - 30,000 metal

Cost of 15 Snipers - 7500 metal

Cost of 20 Phonix Bombers - 4000 metal

Cost of 4 Annihilators - 12,000 metal

Not to mention you get a free 22,000 metal corpse after using any one of these.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Krogoths are hardly overpowered. I'm willing to bet that you can still one with an equal metal cost of Instigators/Flashes/Peewees/AKs.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

It's easy, raneti:

Don't play speedmetal. You prolly won't even see a krog on a normal map.
Exit69

Post by Exit69 »

Hmm... isn`t the krog easily countered by pretty much everything?
and by the time a single mav comes to your base you have only a couple of llt`s? Oh! Wait! you tried to krog rush, aren`t you?!
You know - the biggest shock i got was when i saw porc fest/krog spam on Greenfields. Which imo is a 15minute play map at most.
AA is fine, and i don`t get sore when someone kicks my butt in AA game.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Tell me raneti, are you french?

Also, you made me laugh out loud.
Are you just playing ignorant? You cant really be this stupid..
What is your kroggie going to do about the 20 bulldogs raging through your base? The 'Dogs will run in circles around the krogoth, owning both the krog and your base.
And what are you doing without 15-20 annihilators if he has a krogoth?
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

i like to counter krog with 50 flashes or gators, try it dude. And dont complain about balance by only having SPEEDMETAL in mind. As most good players ignore it and game wont be balanced in order to please noobs.
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

Candleman wrote:It's easy, raneti:

Don't play speedmetal. You prolly won't even see a krog on a normal map.
I have seen/made orcs on small supreme, and altored.

Ever seen a dot on radar slowly moving towards your base from the sea? :o
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

forget bulldogs, use pewees, or fleas, or swarm it with peepers.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

If you're building cars or kbots and not defending your defence you should be pumping out enough menz to kill a krogoth easy... imo.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Raneti, You have no idea what you are on about to be perfectly honest. You say Corte is overpowered, then admit you nev3er play them, claim lasers fire through debris, Which is completeyl wrong, Then you claim that in the end game theres millions of nukes, antinukes and krogs flying round the map blowing the shit out of everything, which is total bullshit. The most you'll see in an end game is about 2 nukes and shitloads of level 2. Stop playingf speedmetal.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

well enough of that, new topic!
I think both flashes and gators could do with about a 40 hp decrease so they'd have the same weakness(in a lesser extent) as ak's and peewees.
They're sort of the same class of unit, excellent raiders and scouts but just building a lot of them and throwing them into defenses shouldn't work.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

They cost like 5x as much as a peewee or AKbot though
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

And their climbing ablitity is comparable to a milk-float.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

well yeah, but vehicle balance is a bit borked at the moment because 99% of the units you build in lvl1 will be light tanks. In Kbots peewees and aks are also very cost effective but because of their low hp they still aren't very handy to use as the only unit, so I figured thats what vehicles need.
They can be made cheaper later if it works out.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

Mhhh.... Snipers ALWAYS miss when their target is near the maximum of their range, and this is extremely annoying. I remember someone mentioning this before, but i cannot remember why this issue was not resovled.

Is it an AA problem or an engine problem?
rattle wrote:AA problem. I think that it's intentional.
You cannot be serious!? Here is a screenshot:

Here you can see, the llt is well within range, however the sharpshooter cannot hit it EVER. This not only means the sniper loses 25% of its range, when you play online, you never know if you'll be able to hit something even if they are in range, and risk taking a *miss* shot & expose your sniper. With a sniper, every shot counts..

I do not believe this is intentional, so I hope it can be fixed...

BTW, it does not matter if the sharpshooter is experienced or not.
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

I think Caydr has said that he wants AA to be more true to OTA. Now I only played a bunch of OTA against computer and a little against other humans, and I had an impression that ARM was supposed to be the side that focused on speed and maneuvarability and stealth etc. Whereas Core was supposed to be a slower brute force type of army.

My play style is focused on quick scattered raids hoping to rely on speed, surprise and multiple attack angles to win a fight. And I find that core suits my style much much better than Arm. Its all because of the AKs and Instigators, which seem to be faster longer ranged versions of Peewees and flashes. They seem far superior as smaller parties of raiders, whereas flashes seem to be more competetive once you swarm them, and I haven't seen much effective use of Peewees.

And I can often do significant damage to an opponent raiding or swarming with pyros. But lately going arm I tried the same trick with arm zippers. And was tragically dissapointed.

And then core level 2 vehicles is suddenly all about the big tough guy goliath, and there is no fast raider in this set. A peculiar contrast agains what the other 3 core land factories seem to be good for.

Not that any of this is really a problem. I can quite happily to continue to play core and build plenty of aks, pyros and instigators......
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

I had the same problem on a map yesterday Lippy, the 3 shiny new snipers I built couldnt hit the proverbial cows arse with a banjo. :cry:
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

I personally find peewes more useful then AKs. They can be use even in middle game in mix with other units due their high DPS. Enemy unit usually aims at most expensive unit first (correct me if I am wrong <_<) ignoring peewe which comes close and pwns. Not to mention that peewes on hill own everything ^^. I saw peewee beating 2 gators already. SO they aren't useless.

Return to “Game Releases”