AI Friendly fire prevention

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

TARevenger

Post by TARevenger »

Is it possible to make an AI so that friendly units don't blow each other to pieces :x
maybe something like using the AI pathfinding for units to find the best straight line to the target
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

I haven't had any problems with FF. Infact, if anything, the AI doesn't shoot enough which often ends in the enemy decimating me.
TARevenger

Post by TARevenger »

I had I case last night
I was jumping between sides to see some of the Taucp units in action and I had ship with long range plasma batteries (aura) firing at a core 3rd level mech on the shore line and between the two was an friendly arm sea dragon which got sunk by the aura in no time (aura and sea dragon where on the same side)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Well I'm not sure about units not hurting allied units, btu most units wont even fire if unless there's direct line of contact ro high trajectory mode between them and the target. Thus it'd be hardr to hit another unti on the same team than to not hit it.
Cheery

Post by Cheery »

They are really too careless, I got small fraction of my army destroyed because my own missile launchers shooted when there were a one enemy KBot in centre of my troops. Also preventing them from shooting would be stupid. I think these should have somekind of cooperation mode:
- Stronger unit attacks first, and weaker units tries to get on the side or roll on the back like there would be real AI in them.

Return to “AI”