Lua mission scripting questions

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

playing around with the lua mission scripts, I came up with a few problems:
  1. Is multiplayer possible?
  2. Is there any way to create more than 2 teams? Currently, Spring crashes as soon as I try to spawn a unit with a team different from 0 or 1.
  3. Would it be possible to set teams as allies?
My current goal is Peewee Football. A team scores by shooting a low mass ball on a low gravity map into a goal. It would be interesting to set the 2 opposing teams to allied, so that you can see their movement across the whole map. That is, of course, if multiplayer is supported or will be in the future.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

lmfao
See that shiny file called tasclient.exe? Open it.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

peetah, you fail at the internet.
what mich is looking for is scripting missions.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

As a rule, if you're browsing the development forum and see a question that sounds really just too obvious to be asked, don't answer it :)
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

:(

...I suppose it may be a good idea to do more than just glance at a post...I guess I've been replying to too many n00bs on another forum, asking questions easily solved with http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

Back on topic, what happened to the spring.exe itself being multiplayer-capable? Like where it asked "do you want to be server?" at the start? If that were still there, lua scripts would be multiplayer...
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Was removed in the multiplatform codebase (ie. from release 0.70).
You can use commandline arguments for it.
PauloMorfeo

Re: Lua mission scripting questions

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Michilus_nimbus wrote:playing around with the lua mission scripts, ...
Even though i can't help you, i must say «Ho! Goodie!».

No really!
That is one of the most lacking parts of Spring right now. We could really use some nice missions. It would be awesome for people to learn how to play instead of just running loby and creating a 1v1 room (do i smell rapage?).

It could also be improved (multiplayer capability is one of the most wanted, i guess?) and that will only hapen if there are people wanting to play them (there are) and people working on making them.

Good luck.

Return to “Lua Scripts”