.:New Map:. Mountain Range v7

All map release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

This map has been changed a bit. There are now only starting metal spots. In a 3 vs 3 each player will only have one metal spot that puts out roughly 4.5 - 5 metal.

The focus of this map is reclaiming. Tiberium is EVERYWHERE. Only thing is that it can be somewhat easily destroyed, so be careful! No sense running a large tank through the fields eh?

Metal storage is a must.

This map should appeal to all you greenfielders out there, as well as people that like the idea of diminishing resources.

All features on the map were made by Lathan.

Screens:

Download:

http://www.unknown-files.net/index.php? ... &dlid=1716
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Nice idea! Looks pretty nice could only think of a few things.

Some nutpicking :-P

All the trees have the same orientation and with those 3 trees in one feature it's kinda obvious.

Personally i like a whiter snow.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Unfortunately If I had used a whiter snow people would bitch aboiut it.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Or they'd play it in metal mode because white pains in the eyes. I like the tundra/not so white snow setting quite a lot...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I think I used to play using L a lot, I liked the darker colors..

Forb, make a nightime map next, I would like to see one :-)
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

This is really taking mapping to the next level graphically.

Gj!
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Also Lathan's features add a lot to it but the texture is really nice.

I'd love to see a desert map with pyramid features (Sphinx perhaps?) or maybe a jungle map with lots of huge trees and large (reclaimable) prehistoric (alien) skeletons. Just a thought :)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

That is the next thing me and lathan are working on, a desert map. I'm actually working on it right now. Rendered a texture in l3dt. Lathan has the heightmap, he's gonna do a texture in Vue5 as well (The same program that generated the texture for Severnaya Industrial Complex).
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

Really nice to see how maps get better, by the use of features!

How big is this map?
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

One of the neat things about this map is how you can use artillery and such to destroy enemy tiberium...
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Air could be a viable start on this map, what with conplanes being able to harvest all that quickly.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Ishach wrote:Air could be a viable start on this map, what with conplanes being able to harvest all that quickly.
tiberium also has energy, so it won't be reclaimed quickly.
OOmiz

Post by OOmiz »

Perfect 3on3 EE map. Love the tiberium... it gives a nice variety to things. And it looks great too. :!:
knorke

Post by knorke »

I liked the old version with the brown mountains, this is nice too but I found it harder to tell the height differences.

The harvesting system worked quite good for E&E. But URC was at an advantage because their scouts were much better at reclaiming and also cloaked... (We had two URC and one GD in our team and secured the middle quite fast)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

knorke wrote:I liked the old version with the brown mountains, this is nice too but I found it harder to tell the height differences.

The harvesting system worked quite good for E&E. But URC was at an advantage because their scouts were much better at reclaiming and also cloaked... (We had two URC and one GD in our team and secured the middle quite fast)
Old version was basically flat. The way the old version looked was as though it was a thousand meters high. It was only an optical illusion. The new one actually is 1000 meters (units if you will) high.

URC is NOT at an advantage for reclaiming. URC scouts declaok when reclaiming. GD scouts are stealth, and have a minigun, so a GD p[layer can kill a urc players reclaimers with impunity.

GD player have quite a large advantage over urc ont hat map, despite the large hills.

Tiberium in the north gives better yeild than on the mountains in the south. There is a satellite dish that gives 4200 metal on one of the hills (both gd and urc scouts can reach it).
Aun

Post by Aun »

Don't forget that scouts reclaim the features bloody slow anyway. :wink:
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Aun wrote:Don't forget that scouts reclaim the features bloody slow anyway. :wink:
That's the way it was designed. If the features did not have that energy to make them reclaim more slowly, you might as well be playing speed metal.

Return to “Map Releases”