Brought here by the Slashdot article?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

CatalyticPrefect

Post by CatalyticPrefect »

I was talking with a guy in a 1v1 today and it turns out we both found out about TA spring for the first time from that recent slashdot article: http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?si ... 1&from=rss I'm curious, how many other people joined because of it?
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

/me points at http://www.tafansite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?&t=1312

Thats where I saw it.
Alterscape

Post by Alterscape »

I came in from the Slashdot article. It's great to see that the TA community's still going strong.
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

Alterscape wrote:I came in from the Slashdot article. It's great to see that the TA community's still going strong.
Yep, hopefully this project does become the best RTS ever!
Webbie

Post by Webbie »

I'm an "old timer" by Spring standards. How many remember the original tech demo release where you could control a couple of units in a pseudo first-person mode using a wonky control sheme? It was something like W and S were the vertical axis movement keys, and H and J turned you left and right. :)

There was even an explanation in the readme that basically said that that was how the person that programmed it liked it. :)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

hell it is practicaly the best RTS iv seen. Its suprisingly inovateve and realy fun. The navel battles are a blast! The air battles are fast and furiouse, while a protracted land campaing can have you sitting in the trenches with your troops, looking at the vast fild of wrekage between the two bases of your and your enemies. FPS controll is a blast too, and i hope they implement more stuff in it, like strafing, and the ability to turn backwards.
CatalyticPrefect

It's definitely the only good new one I've seen for years... at least since Warcraft 3. In all the new ones they're using 3d and most dev companies can't seem to manage... they end up 3d but most every other element of the game is absolute crap and it gets pushed onto the shelves unfinished.
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

I've basicly been around since the start of the forums, although I registered pretty late...
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

I've been lerking for a _LONG_ time... only on release did I join the forums.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

been around... well forever it seems. Iwas watching spring when it was still just a pice of news on the old SY site, maraculay I infact came to the spring site on its first day up, and been watching teh forums since. Only joined after christmas though when i finaly thought i had somthing to say... (all the other oldies should know whaat that was...)

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Oh yah and wasnt that a blast, I joined when I first saw these forums and ahve been posting ever since.

In the meantime damn you new people I used to comprise 20% of all posts on these forums and now its only 11%!
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

i cant remember how i found out about this proj but i only have been following for only 4 weeks.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I remember riker saying he's been here since the start like aGorm does.

*sharpens axe and starts swinging wildly*
Pxtl

w00t

Post by Pxtl »

I posted the /. article. Yay me.
CatalyticPrefect

Thanks :) I would never have found out about the best RTS ever if not for it.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

I been here for ages. Didn't register on the forums for centrues, got the origional spring off the old SY site before spring site became operational.

Return to “General Discussion”