AA 2.11 Persh Variant [YaRly]

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Persh

Post by Persh »

Last edited by Persh on 15 Sep 2006, 20:59, edited 5 times in total.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

/me believes that this variant is made of FAIL with horrible balance and units that do the same thing as AA units, only worse and with higher cost.

*whistles*
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

Foxomaniac wrote:/me believes that this variant is made of FAIL with horrible balance and units that do the same thing as AA units, only worse and with higher cost.

*whistles*
that doesn't take away its right to exist
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Actaully it does. AA is meant to have as few units as it can, to fill the same roles.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Actually it doesn't. People are free to do what they want with AA and release their own versions if they so choose, as long as it's clear that it is not an official release.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

'P' for Persh, or 'P' for Phailure? "Z0mG Big Unitz!!11" is a very poor concept.
You do get credit for knowing how to compile a unit pack, though.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Thumbnails FTW ?

also explain it a bit more?
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

unpossible wrote:
Foxomaniac wrote:/me believes that this variant is made of FAIL with horrible balance and units that do the same thing as AA units, only worse and with higher cost.

*whistles*
that doesn't take away its right to exist
You have yet to play it with persh I guess.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Foxomaniac wrote: with horrible balance and units that do the same thing as AA units, only worse and with higher cost.

I think this may be the point...
Targon

Post by Targon »

I am interested if just for having something to watch bots go at it with.

download links?
Persh

Post by Persh »

Also, it's not just about bigger units, yes there is a Level 4 Kbot lab for both Core & ARM, but that's not the focus. THe focus is on the large amounts of level 2 Units I added, the Level 2 Hovercraft, ZE CLOAKABLE PEEWEES/AK'S, and that sort of thing.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Don't forget the walls with 75000 hitpoints.

I think the "P" varient stands for "Porc" :D
Persh

Post by Persh »

11k health for the heavy walls, 5 or 6k for the light walls. Nub.

Also, it's variant.[/quote]
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Not my cup of tea, although its not my mod.
But just in case you care what i think i think that adding to AAs gameplay and altering is a brilliant idea, but please don't add masses of units or mess with the balance too much!
Gameplay concepts are what i would be interested in, reducing all AA's build ranges to more OTA standards so that it is better to get the expensive nanotowers for guarding construction, or messing with midgame balance, one nice thing i saw in your mod was the shields differentiating the big units, having extremely weak. visual only shields which allow all types of ammo through but clearly mark t3 units for a good area so that they can be scouted easier and then giving them a nice big buff would be cool, or giving t2 pop up turrets shields instead of little holes in the ground
etc
etc

I'm not saying your mod sucks, just not my thing :)
And i'll wait for supcom for my monkeylords :D don't want to spoil it!
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

He can't make fundamental balance changes without wrecking compatibility with newer versions of AA and making all his work useless. AA 2.11 FBI files which are altered by mutators won't have the changes from 2.2.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Persh wrote:11k health for the heavy walls, 5 or 6k for the light walls. Nub.

Also, it's variant.
Ah, so you took my advice and lowered the hit points. Remember they WERE 75k. And I'm the one who taught you about shield colors, so don't you dare call me nub.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

NOiZE wrote:also explain it a bit more?
WYSIWYG.

:roll:
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

lo, the-low-poliness-really-stands-out units :roll:
eddy

cool

Post by eddy »

i tried it, and its not as bad as it looks on the screenshots!, you guys should try it first, seriously. :-)
IMSabbel

Re: cool

Post by IMSabbel »

eddy wrote:i tried it, and its not as bad as it looks on the screenshots!, you guys should try it first, seriously. :-)
Problem is: there are utterly retarded units in there.

The "eagle base"for example is so ugly i firsth thought it was a very bad map feature on those screenies.
Hey, if you make a unit that is half as big as the screen, how about more than 48 polys?

Return to “Game Development”