Did SPRING high poly models?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Did SPRING needs new high poly models?

Poll ended at 28 May 2005, 16:28

Or Evolvas with all faces to looking better?
93%
OTAs and XTA are OK
7%

Total votes: 14

VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

:wink:
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

I don't see a lot of difference between models. Besides most of the time i'm zoomed out a lot and it really doesn't matter a lot if the model is high polygon or not. However the models used now are very low and could use a bit of updating, which is already taking place.
HellToupee

Post by HellToupee »

yea dont like some of the higher poly models around tho, they change the look of the unit, like the flash tank the new model for that i dont like it looks like a stumpy with the single gun, not 2 like the orginal model.
mongus

This poll is biased

Post by mongus »

Yes, Spring really needs more detailed and new models.
But but i think community can contribute to something way better than evota is currently designed for. (old ta).

i will add an option to this poll.

Yes, Spring need fresh new models, Where are the unit Makers now?!!!

my vote for this option (c?).

(we dont need them yesterday).
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Whatever happened to project sathanas? Those models were really spiffy. Particularly the commander models... mmm-mmm...

I don't much like the new flash tank, but its a small sacrifice for what are generally much better models.
GA

Post by GA »

Personaly speaking, I think that an equaly big problem is that of unit textures.

small 32x32, 256 colour pictures just don't cut it any more, and it shows.

Also, with shadows, the Cavedog 3D texture shadow system is no longer required.

We need new textures. before new models. Baddly.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Well the units still LOOK cool, if a little lower on the poly count than we are used to. So i can live with it till they come out with better ones. Its the wrekage that bothers the crap out of me. The Evolva wrekage looks great, but the rest dosent look as good alone. However in a group the wregage looks GREAT. wird huh....
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

HellToupee wrote:yea dont like some of the higher poly models around tho, they change the look of the unit, like the flash tank the new model for that i dont like it looks like a stumpy with the single gun, not 2 like the orginal model.
I agreed with you. :!:
I think that Flash must to have a twin turret and I modified the Evolva to that..
Graatz :wink: (VonGratz & DuGratz) http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/attachm ... ntid=10272
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

We need you textures, but while you guys are at it you may as well have upped poly units. A tip to modelers - don't add more detail, instead use those polygons to smooth the hard edges away (excpet where they are on purpose)
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

personlay i don't like the evolva units, takes away the nostalagy
and i think evolva warlord/millenion can't shoot....

maybe it's a bug in my setup well...

Return to “General Discussion”