Welfare and stuff like that... - Page 2

Welfare and stuff like that...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

I'd like to know,
does anyone have to eat less because of the lazy people misusing the wellfare system?

I guess it's all about the money...
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Forboding Angel wrote:A wise man once said "He who does not work, shall not eat."

Wise words to live by.
There are legitimate reasons for not being able to work, such as paralysis, serious mental deficiency, crippling substance addiction, physical disability, serious injury, the list goes on...
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

What if you can't get a job? You are unemployed, there are no works available for you anywhere (it happens, this is the situation right now in Sweden for example, there just aren't enogh jobs available), and so no one wants to pay you to do something "good" with your life.
Now, the government could just say "F you, man!" and leave you out in the cold. This means that eventually, if you really don't find a job in time, you will be out on the streets, and you will need government help, from soup ------- and shelters, to survive. Now, this is less of an economical loss, since shelters and soup ------- are cheaper then welfare for the government.
However, you don't really give anything to society. If you had money, you would be consuming stuff, which is great for the system. Consumers are necesarry for our system to actually work properly, and if you one day manage to find a new job despite job shortage, then you are once again going to be providing money to the state, in the form of income taxes, and in a more indirect form by feeding the whole capitalist system with your money, indirectly leading to the growth of private business, which might even lead to more jobs.
In this case, welfare is a great system. However, some people are (as always) going to abuse it. I think instead of trying to phase welfare out with somehting else we shuold focus on trying to get the system abusers away from welfare.

That said, I don't really mind abusing the system myself. ;)
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Heheh, I think everyone has points, but the welfare abusers are the ones I don't like >.<

If they had one of the many thing Swift wrote, then fine, they could use it!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

This seems less flamey then J5 thought. I'll fix that...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Zoombie, I will kill you! And steal your stories! And sell em to people on Welfare! HAHAHAH!

Not, jk 8)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Ah blow it out ya ear, Snipa /jk.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Jackdumbassclownhat. Without welfare my mom and I wouldn't have gotten through a rough patch when I was young. Maybe they should be more discriminate over who receives it though, I know I've heard of people scamming the government into paying welfare for like three members of a household, and them living like kings as a result.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I don't think anyone is mad at people who actually need welfare. Thats just stupid.

I think those people who are scamming the goverment are what we are mad at.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Caydr wrote:Jackdumbassclownhat. Without welfare my mom and I wouldn't have gotten through a rough patch when I was young. Maybe they should be more discriminate over who receives it though, I know I've heard of people scamming the government into paying welfare for like three members of a household, and them living like kings as a result.
omg, another horse crossed the finish line! Of course thats what we are talking about, if you NEEDED welfare to survive, have at it!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Deadly sword battle!
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Uhmm, rawr, *Swings sword at welfare checks?*
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I'm not really sure anymore. I'm just trying to steal posts.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

*Welfare checks give papercuts for 5 damage, Snipa dies*

Ohhhraahhhhguuuhhhh!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Locked due to lack of discussion.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”