Welfare and stuff like that...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I think it is bullshit, cuz my dad said that the tax he pays goes to (80 or so percent) of a bunch of freeloading lazy assholes...

I can understand cripples/mental retards..

I can't understand that 25 year old who has better health than my dad, sitting in his trailer with 4 kids getting 800 bucks worth of food stamps a month or so...

I think government agents should check everyone for seeing if they need it, if not, don't give em shit anymore...

Sometimes the United States is so dumb..

I know my taxes ain't going to some lazy son of a bitch...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think you could have been a wee bit more polite about this...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Could have been, but the truth burns doesn't it?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I happen to disagree with you, as I think welfare is a good thing all around and people in harsh economical situation deserve help. I really think they are stuck in a rut and can be helped out...eventually. It just takes a bit of work...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Well, yeah, about that? It's okay, but people that have jobs near them and fully capable of doing it, not doing it, is no!

Thats what the rant it about..

Lazy people who are fine and could get a job, but don't

Edit: Did ya mean Katrina (the hurricane) or something similar, if so, yea I'm thumbs up on that... Except the people stealing welfare..
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Oh those people. Like the guys who complain when they fail a class after not studying, not doing homework and doing nothing but play cards in class.

But there are lots of people who need welfare and it would cost a LOT more to find out if people REALLY need welfare then it does to pay everyone who applies for it and let a few people who don't need it get it anyway.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Well, I guess they can leave it like it is...

Oh well, what a hopeless idea..

They need, a background check, or a bank check or something, I'll have to actually look online, and find an application for welfare or something, I wanna see how secure they actually are...

Now it can be locked, if someone cares/wants to...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think this has turned out to be less flamy then J5 thought it would be...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Maybe, it probably will be..

And is he even on anymore, I could swear it took him like 3 seconds to post, and surprised that he hasn't posted anything else, yet
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

thats cause u two are the only ones involved so far. It will get worse. Items that are used for Debate discussions in classes or clubs should be kept away from forums purely for the fact that the discussion cannot and will not remain civil. and Snipa i may PM u my opinion on this subject if i feel up to it.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Now to steal some postage!
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

AMAZING IDEA!

Make those orcs on the Dark Messiah demo NEED WELFARE!

Cuz I'm bored now..
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

Better plan: instead of cash assistance or vouchers (like food stamps) give a minimum wage job to anyone who wants it, doing litter pickup of highways, janitorial work in public buildings, call center work for government agencies, etc, doesn't really matter what the job is, as long as you have to work to get money.

Very few people are too disabled to answer a phone and give people information.

If you are too sick to do one of these jobs, you should be in a hospital or nursing home. If you are too mentally ill to do one of these jobs, you should be living in a supervised or structured environment.

Under this system only the lazy are the big losers.
nobody2u

Post by nobody2u »

Not locked yet. Then again there's not much reason to.

btw, I'm sure you heard this before, Foe that's a fly and not a bee. At least it looks like one from this angle :?
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

nobody2u wrote: btw, I'm sure you heard this before, Foe that's a fly and not a bee. At least it looks like one from this angle :?
looks like a bee to me :|

granted there are lazy bums that make a mockery of the welfare system but blanket statements are never applicable...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Ja, its a bee! I see the yellow and black stripes!
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

80% seems a bit of an exageration, 18 percent of our income (NZ) goes into social wellfare which includes everything from unemployment benifit to 'child youth and familys'.
jackalope

Re: Welfare and stuff like that...

Post by jackalope »

Snipawolf wrote:I think it is bullshit, cuz my dad said that the tax he pays goes to (80 or so percent) of a bunch of freeloading lazy assholes...
I think generic welfare should not exist. However, thinks like temporary unemployment benefits are good because you can't always control whether or not you keep your job. Also, I am very much in favor of making it cheap and affordable for people to get an education. Helping people get an education through loans or grants gives them the responsibility of using that education to make something of themselves.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I'm HIGHLY wary of religious or political discussions here... not because they aren't valid just because someone inevitably fails to regard discussion format and turns it into a personal flamewar. Because we haven't had that problem yet though I'm going to let it slide for now... I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Snipawolf, no offense but I'm gonna have to say that I doubt very much the figures your dad gave you. First of all, as far as I know the VAST majority of all paid income assistance in most first world countries is paid to people with registered disabilities or temporary assisted unemployment as well as family assistance for uneducated single parent's and what not. unarguably some money goes to people who are able to work but for whatever reason do not for long periods of time, but that margin is most likely virtually non existent. Even if this margin could be magically eliminated at no cost (fat chance) the dent to the overall tax dollars spent would likely be very small at best. The US government works very hard to protect them selfs from people stealing income assistance money from them, if income assistance in whole were to be cut most likely it would harm very few people who are legitimately just lazy craps and mostly just harm disabled and people who have been unemployed for short periods due to circumstances beyond their control.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

A wise man once said "He who does not work, shall not eat."

Wise words to live by.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”