tech tree please?

tech tree please?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

genesis

tech tree please?

Post by genesis »

It's just been toooo long since I've played this game. Can anybody help me to recall the tech tree / prequisites for some of the advanced vehicles?

I seem to recall the targeting facility being required for ...something... and then you needed to build ...um...
Webbie

Post by Webbie »

The targeting facility makes your units target radar blips, which units in Spring do anyways, so it's useless at the moment.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

It makes it more exact rather than an approximate location.
renrutal

Re: tech tree please?

Post by renrutal »

genesis wrote:It's just been toooo long since I've played this game. Can anybody help me to recall the tech tree / prequisites for some of the advanced vehicles?
Commander builds basic plants and some basic buildings

Basic plants build basic units and the basic constructor unit

The basic constructor builds basic buildings(same as the commander), some not so basic buildings and the advanced plant.

Advanced plants build advanced units and the advanced constructor unit.

The advanced constructor unit builds the advanced buildings and, optionally, the super unit plant.

The super unit plant builds the super unit.

That's all.

kbot, vehicle, air and sea are built by everyone
hover is built by the vehicle plant(not so sure)
seaplane by sea(also not sure)
advanced kbot, vehicle, air and sea are built by their basic kbot, vehicle, air and sea counterparts.

Or did you want some specific per-unit techtree?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Spring is shipped not with the Original TA data but with the XTA mod that severly change the unit statistic, the balance, and the buildtree. The completly torn away buildtree of XTA is one of the many reason many people don't like it and so I made a patch that restore OTA balance and buildree.

In OTA, the commander build all low level structure. The level 1 constructors then build all low level structure, all medium level strcture, and the one level 2 factory of their kind. Level 2 constructors then build all high level structure, and the one level 1 factory of their kind. The only exeption to his are hovers, which have no level 1 and 2 but just one medium level, the krogoth gantry, which is a level 3 factory built from the advanced core contruction kbot only, the navy, whose buildtree is a bit seperated from the regular ground builtree, and whose level 2 constructor, (the sub) can build the seaplane plant, which is more like a level 2 factory of a different branch than a level 3 factory of the same branch.

In XTA, all cons can build all factories, the commander can straight away build an adv plane factory, a little cons kbot can build an advanced shipyard, but the level 2 cons can only build the factory of their kind, and some units are both in level 1 and 2 factories, and it just makes no sense to me.
Drake

Post by Drake »

zwzsg: While it is true that the build tree is less strict in XTA, it's well worth remembering that while you CAN build an advanced plant as your first structure in XTA it will not work well 99% of the time. Instead of a strictly enforced build tree like OTA, having a sane development and build order is enforced by the dynamics of the game in XTA. Building level 2 units before you have a decent economy is a good way to fubar your development for example... And if you've played any decent amount of XTA you'll see that the commander, level 1 and 2 con units and the FARK/Necro have quite different uses in reality.

As to wether it makes little sense that builders of different branches can build different branch plants, in reality this is a good way to make the game more playable. Its so annoying when you wants to build a new factory to have to scout around for the "proper" builder when there are 15 standing around idling at your current location.

Static build trees are IMO only needed when a game has very unbalanced units that would make the lower level units useless...
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Did someone mention Trees....
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

zwzsg Your XTA patch should be the standard.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

My OTA patch you mean?

Return to “General Discussion”