Could you PLEASE ban ZergZergLOL - Page 4

Could you PLEASE ban ZergZergLOL

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Why don't you give him a second chance, everyone deserves one. If he blows it again, then ban him once and for all and be done with it. It's not that spring is super serious business...
Day

Post by Day »

felixcat>you fuck in prisno
perhaps make rape = teamkill
needs cat cut down hour of psring
could take lesson univercty>learn rhetoric small childern
hmmmm
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Well, I feel it's natural that a player should be kicked and banned if he gets too many complaints against him for rude and unacceptable behavior in-game, and even if an IP-ban really doesn't do anything, at least it sets an example that such behavior won't be tolerated.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Charlemagne wrote:Well, I feel it's natural that a player should be kicked and banned if he gets too many complaints against him for rude and unacceptable behavior in-game, and even if an IP-ban really doesn't do anything, at least it sets an example that such behavior won't be tolerated.
ZergZergLol is a troll. By banning the troll you are acknowledging him. Doing this encourages the troll to continue trolling as he desperately seeks attention from others in an annoying and often destructive way. The best way to make a troll go away is by simply ignoring him.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

K then, I'll just kick em from all teh games I play...
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

ZergZergLol is a troll. By banning the troll you are acknowledging him. Doing this encourages the troll to continue trolling as he desperately seeks attention from others in an annoying and often destructive way. The best way to make a troll go away is by simply ignoring him.
You've got a point there, however it doesn't stop him from destroying more games if we just ignore him, and he might just make a new nick if we start kicking him from all our games.
It's a hard thing to get rid of annoying people on the Internet.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

disconnect your modem and have a beer...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

TK him back lol, kicking or not that gets rid of em....
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Min3mat wrote:disconnect your modem and have a beer...

Quotin' dis 8)
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Cheesecan wrote:
Charlemagne wrote:Well, I feel it's natural that a player should be kicked and banned if he gets too many complaints against him for rude and unacceptable behavior in-game, and even if an IP-ban really doesn't do anything, at least it sets an example that such behavior won't be tolerated.
What a load of hippy crap. Ban his ass. If he comes back, ban it again.

If the moderators can't do their jobs then we need new moderators.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

That sounds persicely like what something my freind Sam would say.

And I agree. Ban his ass. Then if he comes back, ban him again. If we ignore him he works harder to be 'seen'. If we ban him six or seven times, he might decided its too much trouble and leave.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Ignoring people like that does not work. Atleast not in my experience. Ignore him and before too long there will be a whole clan of people doing it :shock: Alright so that might be exaggerating a bit, although that has happened for some other games. I'm all for banning chronic team killers and banning every ip address they tunnel through in order to avoid the ban (within reason of course).
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Um yah ive change my mind, ban this little fucker from all internets.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Das Bruce wrote:
Cheesecan wrote:
What a load of hippy crap. Ban his ass. If he comes back, ban it again.

If the moderators can't do their jobs then we need new moderators.
Quoted for fucking truth.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Has any RTS in history had moderators who's job it is to investigate every incident where someone is an ass in-game?

The moderators are volunteers and you want them to have to go through replays and follow all this stuff up just because some meanie on teh interwebz made you sad?
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

For gods sake guys just forgive him of his trespasses so he can forgive those who trespass against him.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Ishach wrote:Has any RTS in history had moderators who's job it is to investigate every incident where someone is an ass in-game?

The moderators are volunteers and you want them to have to go through replays and follow all this stuff up just because some meanie on teh interwebz made you sad?
Who the hell cares if we're the first?

We want moderators who make sure there arn't people in our community who are deliberately ruining the game experience for other players.
Lolsquad_Steven

Das Bruce wrote:
Ishach wrote:Has any RTS in history had moderators who's job it is to investigate every incident where someone is an ass in-game?

We want moderators who make sure there arn't people in our community who are deliberately ruining the game experience for other players.
Maybe you should think that threw for a while, try to figure out why it wont work.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Lolsquad_Steven wrote:
Das Bruce wrote:

Maybe you should think that threw for a while, try to figure out why it wont work.
Or you could stop being condescending and actually figure out some reasons for yourself and tell me?
Lolsquad_Steven

Das Bruce wrote:
Lolsquad_Steven wrote:
Das Bruce wrote: Who the hell cares if we're the first?

Or you could stop being condescending and actually figure out some reasons for yourself and tell me?
I would, if i felt like it.

Return to “Ingame Community”