Why do americans love camo tanks and stuff so much?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Seriously, I don't know, not like it helps em hide or nothin...

I mean, it does look pretty cool, but I don't know why they use it :P
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

You mean in real life? Think about what they look like from the air.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Certainly does help them hide! Maybe not up close, but up close they've already shot you anyway.

Plus, it doesn't have to be super effective. If the crazy camo paint job saves one tank out of every thousand, you've made it more than worthwhile.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Hmm, I think it does look pretty badass still, anyways good points :P
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Yeah, just think of all those missles, if they camoed and u were running in the jungle, ud be dead before u can see the missle turning ur head into a paint job on a tree. As long as that 1 camoed missle isnt seen out of 1000, its worth the all the effort and money! Dude, 1 out of 25 tanks is more realistic from air attacks in its habitat.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

LOL, The missles aren't camoed, and what the hell would stop a missile in the jungle besides trees and people :mrgreen:

I meant the tanks and all, I see everybodies points and I know why, but still, a large "forest" of tanks rumbling through a field would be hilarious :P
Last edited by Snipawolf on 22 Jul 2006, 18:55, edited 2 times in total.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

large "forest" of tanks rumbling through a field would be hilarious
Arent you making a mod, you can put some palm trees and shrubbery on your tank.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I know, cool huh :P

It's gunna be futuristic, and most camo tanks are gunna be stealthy :P

Anyways, robots won't, and neither will Aliens...

LOL An alien in camo paint would be hilarious
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I forgot to post about why i think America puts camo on their tanks, it looks kool, its bad, its scary, its big, and kills you dead.

Tanks without camo looks retarded ^^^^^^^^^^ like above *French and Canadian armies*
Tanks below, even if they do not blend in well, atleast look really intimidating. Besides america isnt a bunch of girls ridding tanks, and its a good thing we have that camo to make us look cool and powerful.

Im sorry one of those tanks arent really camoed, just dark green, but you get the idea!
Last edited by Noruas on 22 Jul 2006, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Well, thats just green (dark) not camo :P

LMAO at french and canadian armies however
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Camo hides your silhouette somewhat and makes you harder to see at a glance or in peripherial vision. It also makes it harder to count your troops when they are bunched (like Zebras). You can conceal a tank by covering it with stuff and the camo won't give it away if a small area is uncovered. In the army I noticed that you don't perceive a squad in camo as much as a crowd in civilian clothing.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The tank is dark green for a reason, the same reasons as the other tanks have a textured camouflage. Notice how the dark grene fits the foliage around it despite the snow?
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

well, duh lol//

I think i get it by now...
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Burnt.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Whoa! We've got tanks now??! KICK ASS! Let's invade a defenseless third-world country, blame it on the rulership, while carrying on peaceful relations with other countries filled with billions of slave labourers with no civil rights simply because they wouldn't be as easy and popular a target since I need to get re-elected, but that won't be a problem since I have an easily-influenced voting base comprised of millions of live-to-work drones with no remaining reasoning ability thanks to decades of brainwashing into thinking that a two-party system can accurately represent the needs and wants of a massively diverse and splintered population!

Wait, I think I got off-track there somewhere.
Last edited by Caydr on 23 Jul 2006, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

lol

don't worry... he can't come back next year... (so he will probably end up having Senate make an amendment allowing more than 2 terms)
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

All hail Emperor Bush the First!

:roll:

Really, you guys thinking Bush is the antichrist and the next Hitler are freaking hilarious, but you really need to STFU.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

dont you mean Emperor Bush the second?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Caydr wrote:Whoa! We've got tanks now??! KICK ASS! Let's invade a defenseless third-world country, blame it on the rulership, while carrying on peaceful relations with other countries filled with billions of slave labourers with no civil rights simply because they wouldn't be as easy and popular a target since I need to get re-elected, but that won't be a problem since I have an easily-influenced voting base comprised of millions of live-to-work drones with no remaining reasoning ability thanks to decades of brainwashing into thinking that a two-party system can accurately represent the needs and wants of a massively diverse and splintered population!

Wait, I think I got off-track there somewhere.
Mod feature: Have the troops unelect a bad commander. "We're sick of you playing Speed Metal all the time, we're joining Core".
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

I think all army tanks should be pink. No one would take a pink tank seriously, and all enemies would overlook it. Then you recolor the pink tanks mean red, with THEIR BLOOD!!!
Last edited by Charlemagne on 23 Jul 2006, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”