War Evolution 1.7

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Optimus Prime

War Evolution 1.7

Post by Optimus Prime »

========================= War Evolution =========================

Idea:
I thought it would be much fun, to have some kind of deathmatch mod. Every player starts with one single unit fighting till he is the last one standing (i call it LOS). Sounds booring to you eh? Right, so i have some other ideas to combine with it:

Introduction:

War Evolution is a fun mod. It is very different from all other existing mods for spring. And contains some nice features like level gaining or switching weapons. It also forces players to act like a team. In War Evolution you controle one single robot, which is able to gain levels for dealing damage to enemy players. With every level the unit will gain extra stuff like new weapons or armour (see upgrade list) and become stronger and stronger. The goal of this mod is, to be the last robot/team standing on the battlefield. You can choose between different mech classes, each one with its unique advantages/abilities like building defence structures or cloak and stealth abilities. For team games a mix of different classes will be better than a team of equal bots.

A) Leveling system:
If your Root gained enough experiens, he will be upgraded with one extra upgrade. The extras are completeley randomized, so at the first level there are 6 possibile different units available. In level 2 there are 6x5 = 30 possible variants and so on.

B) Mech Classes:

-== Wargod ==-

The wargod is the strongest, but also slowest Mech on the battlefield. With his strong plasma cannons he can shoot over long distance and with his gattling guns hes able to attack in close combat with high damage. The wargod has the strongest armour and the highest regeneration rate.

- The plasma cannons (off - mode) are weapons for long range. They dont need energy to fire
- The mini guns (on - mode) are weapons for shorter range. They are stronger than the plasma cannons, but need a lot of energy.

-== Black Knight ==-

The Black Knight is the Close Combat Mech. He is the fastest mech, but is weak in ranged combat. With his flame thrower, he can even beat a worgod. He is the only mech who is completely stealthed. He also can jamm radars in on mode.

- The plasma cannons (off - mode) are weapons for long range. They dont need energy to fire
- The flame throwers (on - mode) are weapons for short range. They are the strongest weapons on the battlefield, but need energy to fire.

-== Werewolf ==-

The Werewolf is a Combat Engineer Mech. He has medium speed, low Hit Points and only medium weapon power. But he has the ability to build defence turrets and repair other mechs. WARNING: he can only have 2 towers at the same time or they wont shoot anymore.

- The laser cannons (off - mode) are weapons for long range. They need some energy to fire
- plasma shotguns (on - mode) are weapons for short range. They are stronger than laser cannons, but only over short distance. They also cost energy to fire.
- His sentry guns can also gain a level

-== Stormlord ==-

The Stormlord is the Mine Layer and long range artillery mech. He is armed with a long range artillery which can shoot over mountains and crush defences while staying out of range of the enemy turrets. He has the ability to heal other mechs, but only very slow. He also can build two types of mines. WARNING: he can only have 11 mines at the same time or they wont explode anymore. He has medium speed and armour.

- The artillery in low trajectory mode shoors like a plasma cannon but with a it shorter range.
- The artillery in high trajectory mode can shoot ofer long ranges and also over hills and walls. It also makes high damage.

downloadable 1.7:
http://www.unknown-files.net/index.php? ... &dlid=1813
Last edited by Optimus Prime on 14 Oct 2006, 13:51, edited 30 times in total.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Sounds cool, can't wait to try it actually. Will be interesting to see all the clever ways you've used too. I've wanted to see miniguns in Spring ever since the Duke of taucp. There's just something kickass about miniguns..
And hey, if you need any deathmatch type maps you can just PM me with instructions. ;)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Interesting, I await the release.

smoth, Fang and numerous others are probably happy you haven't left their ranks of small, tenacious mod developers.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

sure DM maps should be small (not bigger than 12x12 better 10x10) and have a lot of high hills or walls (the unit is as big as a krog, so you need walls nearly as big as a krog). Also the edges of the map should be very high, so no unit will fly out of the map. The rest is up to you ;)
I prefere maps with a lot of trees on them so you can cut them with the mini :D (but not too near to each other else they burn all at the same time).
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Alright, I'll do some sketching in the morning and perhaps have something ready to show you by afternoon(It's 02:34 AM here now so I'm completely gone).
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

Cheesecan wrote:Sounds cool, can't wait to try it actually. Will be interesting to see all the clever ways you've used too. I've wanted to see miniguns in Spring ever since the Duke of taucp. There's just something kickass about miniguns..
And hey, if you need any deathmatch type maps you can just PM me with instructions. ;)
eh... there are miniguns in E&E (GD) :P

but yeah, this looks pretty cool... can't wait to try it
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

in FF about 20 % of the units have some miniguns mounted as flaks :D.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

But ee/xta si fun?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I meant a robot with a minigun(like The Duke!) not some non-humanoid hunk of steel(wow, that's contradictory, lol). There has to be a sort of rambo-thing about it. It helps if it's big, red and badass too.

Here's what I'm talking bout:
geoh! hehe
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Optimus Prime wrote:in FF about 20 % of the units have some miniguns mounted as flaks :D.
Those are rapid fire railguns, IMO...
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

a railgun is a very strange thing and normally you would only see its trail because it is shooting with a very very very very high velocity small aluminium balls as far as i know. You can see a railgun (sure its fiction because in this size its not possible at this time) in the movie Eradicator with arnold schwarzenegger.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Optimus Prime wrote:a railgun is a very strange thing and normally you would only see its trail because it is shooting with a very very very very high velocity small aluminium balls as far as i know. You can see a railgun (sure its fiction because in this size its not possible at this time) in the movie Eradicator with arnold schwarzenegger.
On a related note, I think a tank with an underslung railgun would be absolutely amazing. Something that plows into hills at high speed, but has no elevation.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

lawl, me and nemo have been working on a Spring:DM mod, currently there's 5 units.

Quickfire (Sniper) :

Snipe & Hide, rinse, repeat.

Has a shield.

Fishercat (Meele/Vampiric unit) :

Has an attack that draws the enemy closer to him or farther from him, his main attack is reclaiming the enemy!
Can cloak also.

BabyMaker (Think Mafia Don) :

Has no attack on it's own save for a Paralyzing beam, can build babies however.

Rocket babies : Fire a strong rocket, they're one-time use since they blow up after firing.

Plasma Babies : Nerf'd Brawlers. Nuff said.

Limited to 6 babies.

Burninator (Crazy Pyro/Hit N Run) :

Can cloak just not as good as fishercat, Maximum of 20 seconds - you get 1 second of cloaking energy after 10 secs in-game.

Uses a flamethrower to roast the enemy.

Also has evil EMP mines, maximum number of these at any given time is 10.

At the moment there's no leveling system and regeneration is disabled for all units.

Uses gigantified TA Models too >_>.

/ end shameless promotion.

Seems like optimus is going to beat us =P.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Those units look cool, but their textures look a little blurry.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Foxomaniac wrote:Burninator (Crazy Pyro/Hit N Run)
You MUST add thatched-roof cottages!
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Zoombie wrote:Those units look cool, but their textures look a little blurry.
he's using the Final Frontier Core camouflage
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Start the mod with a nonmobile unit that can build the player units. Enforce a maximum unit count of 2, Have it so a player unit costs only energy to build, but the corpse left behind gives metal that the player can reclaim from killed enemies. Metal can be used to buy upgraded players.

You need to set it so that self D doesn't produce a corpse so that players can't cheat. energy should build up slowly so that if you die you don't instantly have a new player character and the other players can come over and start killing your upgrade base.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Oh. Thats why the textures look so...old. Shore those up, OP.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Optimus Prime wrote:a railgun is a very strange thing and normally you would only see its trail because it is shooting with a very very very very high velocity small aluminium balls as far as i know. You can see a railgun (sure its fiction because in this size its not possible at this time) in the movie Eradicator with arnold schwarzenegger.
Railguns shoot either rectangular projectiles, ore more idealy, sabot dart projectiles...
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

A mod like this has been thought of, some in the form of a zombie swarm mod and I had a plan to make a mod for OTA with specific characters with different types of weapons.

But you are the first one actually working on it, kudos for that.

Return to “Game Releases”