dedicated forum for BAR?

dedicated forum for BAR?

Balanced Annihilation with remade Units

Moderator: Content Developer

abma
Spring Developer

dedicated forum for BAR?

Post by abma »

anything against creating a dedicated forum for BAR?
Silentwings

Re: dedicated forum for BAR?

Post by Silentwings »

I'd prefer to wait until a point where people might actually talk about the game instead of repeatedly discussing its impending but never quite arriving seemingly inevitable but not actually happening demise and/or beta release.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Silentwings wrote:I'd prefer to wait until a point where people might actually talk about the game instead of repeatedly discussing its impending but never quite arriving seemingly inevitable but not actually happening demise and/or beta release.

what? sorry i didn't understand the sentence but i guess i know what you meant.

my intention of this post is: as BAR seems independent to BA development and it can never replace BA because of its license i don't see why it should be in the same forum. (=its not allowed to use BAR units in other *A based games)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Your thoughts were clear to me.

Nonetheless, this decision as to which games content stays/goes in the BA forum should be made by BAs devs, and if it results in a "BAR" forum filled with whining and misinformation, so be it.
it can never replace BA because ...
Afaics your desire to advertise your dislike of ND artwork is a bit out of hand, if you're really claiming that its the major obstacle. Whether players actually want new models, whether anyone would maintain/finish the Chili interface & CUS framework, how to integrate the single player experience - those are equally difficult questions.

I don't like -ND clauses either, nor do I see much prospect of BAR being adopted in place of BA in the near future. But I am now fed up of hearing you rail against -ND to the point where it drowns out all other issues and results in throwaway claims of "its not allowed to use BAR units in other *A based games" as through it was a factual representation of viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35662#p579802, the completely untrue claim of "BAR ... kept as closed source", and threats of "sue people publishing OTA based stuff" as though the past twenty years of OTA calmly sauntering into oblivion, without a word of complaint to the massive infringing use of its content by multiple communities, had all never happened. To put it bluntly, unless some return to fact based reality happens here, I will soon stop taking part in these discussions.

Moved Forb's post about OTA content to viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35708&p=580119#p580119

Return to “Balanced Annihilation Reloaded”