BAR Bugs

BAR Bugs

Balanced Annihilation with remade Units

Moderator: Content Developer

aeonios

BAR Bugs

Post by aeonios »

A few things I noticed:

::Banshees when idle point their jets in the wrong direction.

::One of the dragonfly's fans does not turn.

::A lot of gunships turn and face the opposite direction that they were moving in once they stop. It's annoying when trying to take screenshots but could also prevent them from firing immediately should an enemy come into range. IMO it looks kind of derpy but could work for a landing animation.

::A lot of the (aircraft and other) fans sometimes produce jittery animations, which I suspect is related to vsync or the lack thereof.

::Brawler's fan should probably point at the ground when it's idle hovering. It should only point backwards if the unit is moving forwards.

::I think rocko and storm's projectiles have a higher velocity than they do in BA. I'm only basing that on videos since I haven't gotten around to testing out original BA quite yet, so I can't confirm it, but I will soon. I suspect there may be some scaling issues due to changes in unit size, but I'm not sure how much of that is merely apparent or what sorts of things affect unit presentation in BAR.
Beherith

Re: BAR Bugs

Post by Beherith »

Thanks for taking the time to test, I'll try to have a look at it when I get home tonight.
aeonios

Post by aeonios »

After testing with current BA I can say that the projectile velocity issue is nonexistent.

On the other hand liche takes 2 hits to kill com in BAR and only one hit in BA. Not sure if that was intentional or not since BAR seems to have other differences as well.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Presumably your "one hit" with liche in BA involves some degree of impulse and fall damage?
aeonios

Post by aeonios »

Silentwings wrote:Presumably your "one hit" with liche in BA involves some degree of impulse and fall damage?
No? I just built a liche, sent it to null ai's commander (core, which sat on a flat area on akilon) and boom, instant ded.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Ah, looks like since BA upped the liche damage on coms from 2300 -> 3350 at some recentish point (BAR remains unchanged).
aeonios

Post by aeonios »

Ah, so BAR is just behind on balance a bit.

I found a few other issues:
-Banshee does a little somersault anim sometimes, and afterwards it can occasionally get stuck in a nonsensical orientation.
-Earheart has an issue where its fan can get stuck and stops moving in flight. It can be fixed by landing it and then setting it to fly again, but it is annoying. I think it has to do with the landing anim (which stops the fan).

Return to “Balanced Annihilation Reloaded”