DISCLAIMER: Yes I've pointed out a lot of not-so-good stuff. I still like it. It's just easier to point out the bad than the good ;D
So; what I liked:
- The General feel of the UI
- The options given ingame when pressing shift-escape. This was probably the most exciting thing.
- The fairly decent units - some of them were actually quite cool (Especially that of the Rokko - it looked really cool)
- Certain aspects of the UI: The buildlist replaced with labs when selecting weapons was slightly confusing, the fact that controls were spread over the screen
- The repeat-on button was too hard to click
- The fact that I actually had to click a button to change between labs, eco, and defense
- The decoy fusion was in the weapons - does anyone use them anyway? How?
- The commander. Too large
- The overcomplicated unit models - too many windows, etc confusing what the weapons were.
- The beefy units didn't look beefy, and the weak units looked beefy.(especially when getting to t3 and t1 veh, and the nuclear bomber)
- Can be hard to tell if something's been given a guard order
- The 'move' order mouse icon (blagh) broke the convention of the middle of the icon being the place that was selected to. I DID GET USED TO IT but it still bugged me every time I actually looked at it
One last thing that really annoyed me: THE SPIDER HAD ONLY 6 LEGS :D Took me a while to realise though because the rest of the modle was actually nice and natural. Just that it had 6 legs not 8.
Keep on with your great work guys! (and forgive me for being over-passionate about the difference between spiders and insects :D)