[SOLVED] BAR test 5270 problem with zooming

Balanced Annihilation with remade Units

Moderator: Content Developer

Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

Hi

I just downloaded BAR test 5270 and ran it via springlobby. However, it's unplayable due to some bug that won't allow me to zoom the battlefield in. I tried mouse scroll and keyboard shortcuts, but nothing works. I'm using Kubuntu 15.10.
Last edited by Pawel128Kr on 18 Jul 2016, 21:18, edited 3 times in total.
Beherith

Re: BAR test 5270 problem with zooming

Post by Beherith »

Hi Pawel, can you zoom in at all? There was an engine bug that prevented full zoom in, which is now fixed in develop. Also, sorry, but that version of bar is very fresh and only works properly with very latest develop engine.

Could you try a different camera mode? (cycle through them with ctrl + [F1,F2,F3,...])
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Also, please pastebin or attach a full infolog.
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

Beherith wrote:Hi Pawel, can you zoom in at all? There was an engine bug that prevented full zoom in, which is now fixed in develop. Also, sorry, but that version of bar is very fresh and only works properly with very latest develop engine.

Could you try a different camera mode? (cycle through them with ctrl + [F1,F2,F3,...])
Yes, I'm not able to zoom at all. Camera is in starting position (zoomed out maximally) and I can't do anything with it. I also tried BAR 5117 with Spring engine 100 and 101, but with the same result. I will check some older one as well. Changing camera modes has no effect in my case. I'm attaching my infolog below. Thanks for your responses!
Attachments
infolog.txt
(36.74 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

As behe said, BAR currently requires the very latest *develop* engine, which you can find at the bottom of this list http://springrts.com/dl/buildbot/default/develop/. If you also update your BAR I've added an ingame warning about this.

(Previously, it only warned if the major engine version was outdated, so you would not have recieved a warning using BAR with Spring 101, although you would have seen several errors).

You have several errors in your infolog caused by wrong engine version, some of which are camera related and could be involved here. Please update your BAR (you can obtain the latest test version by joining the [ACE]Ticot host) and update your engine, and try again.

If the problem still occurs, which is very likely, please:
(1) Run Spring and change your camera to overhead cam, using ctrl+f2
(2) Type '/luaui reset' into the chat console
(3) Restart Spring, close it & then post the new infolog.
Changing camera modes has no effect in my case.
What does "no effect" mean - in particular, are you able to change the camera mode, and when you do, does it make the camera location move (however slightly) *because* of the camera mode change?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Another idea (after doing all the above) run Spring.exe driectly, go to edit settings, and change the setting CamMode from '5' to '2', then close and rerun spring as normal.

Having it set to 5 will make your default camera be the overview camera ("tab mode"), which is frankly just bizarre to have chosen as your default - and its also an immobile camera.
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

With the latest version of the Spring engine my problem is resolved. I played BAR test-5283 and Spring 101.0.1-148-g1b827c0. Thanks for including a warning about too old engine. Springlobby is sometimes problematic and it was starting the game with the 100 version of Spring (even if the latest one was chosen). I had to play with it for a while to make it start with the correct one. Thanks a lot for your help! I will answer your questions if needed, but if problem is now fixed it's not necessary, right?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

No need, glad it works.
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

I downloaded the latest Spring engine (spring_{develop}101.0.1-176-g4c3882f_minimal-portable-linux64-static) and BAR (5307) and I have the same problem.
Silentwings wrote:If the problem still occurs, which is very likely, please:
(1) Run Spring and change your camera to overhead cam, using ctrl+f2
(2) Type '/luaui reset' into the chat console
(3) Restart Spring, close it & then post the new infolog.
I did as requested. I'm attaching my new infolog below.
What does "no effect" mean - in particular, are you able to change the camera mode, and when you do, does it make the camera location move (however slightly) *because* of the camera mode change?
Camera is zoomed out maximally and I can't move it at any direction. Zooming in doesn't work and switching camera modes (ctrl + f1+) does nothing. Ps. Even previously when my zooming problem was fixed changing camera modes did nothing. Ps.2 It seems the problem is with the engine, because BAR 5303 that worked fine for me with an older engine is also affected.
Attachments
infolog.txt
(5.81 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Silentwings

Re: [RE-OPEN] BAR test 5270 problem with zooming

Post by Silentwings »

That infolog is with Spring 100, as said please use the latest engine.

Please also try viewtopic.php?f=44&t=34572#p576501

If that doesn't solve it, search your entire hard drive for uikeys.txt and delete every single copy. If you used it jn the past to define custom keys, you may also want to back up whichever one you used. Then start spring and try to change camera with ctrl+f2.
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

Silentwings wrote:That infolog is with Spring 100, as said please use the latest eninge.

Please also try viewtopic.php?f=44&t=34572#p576501

If that doesn't solve it, search your entire hard drive for uikeys.txt and delete every single copy. If you used it jn the past to define custom keys, you may also want to back up whichever one you used. Then start sprint and try to change camera with ctrl+f2.
Thanks for your response. It seems there's something messed up in my config, because when I was launching Spring there was a proper version displayed (the latest one). I'll try to clean the things up.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Another thing to try, when you are ingame, does typing /viewta into the console change your camera mode?
gonpost

Post by gonpost »

For me, I just had to hit ctrl+f2 in order for it to be right. For some reason it defaulted to viewing the entire map upon game launch.
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

Silentwings wrote:Another thing to try, when you are ingame, does typing /viewta into the console change your camera mode?
Yes, this one works. Even if game prints it's an 'unknown command'.
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

gonpost wrote:For me, I just had to hit ctrl+f2 in order for it to be right. For some reason it defaulted to viewing the entire map upon game launch.
In my case camera shortcuts don't work at all.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Hopefully, you'll now have changed your default camera from overview to ta (either through setting CamMmode=2 in your springsettings, or via /viewta which BAR should remember).

The possible causes of your camera keys not working, afaics are
(1) Unusual keyboard layout that SDL2 can't handle properly.
(2) An old uikeys.txt laying around (could be almost anywhere) that no longer works and now breaks your keys.

If (2), do what I suggested above and delete them. If (1), as it stands /viewta is your best option ;)
Pawel128Kr

Post by Pawel128Kr »

Silentwings wrote:Hopefully, you'll now have changed your default camera from overview to ta (either through setting CamMmode=2 in your springsettings, or via /viewta which BAR should remember).

The possible causes of your camera keys not working, afaics are
(1) Unusual keyboard layout that SDL2 can't handle properly.
(2) An old uikeys.txt laying around (could be almost anywhere) that no longer works and now breaks your keys.

If (2), do what I suggested above and delete them. If (1), as it stands /viewta is your best option ;)
Under windows I have the same problem, so I guess it's not my keyboard layout (Polish). I couldn't find uikeys.txt anywhere, but I'll search a little more.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation Reloaded”