phoenix annihilation

phoenix annihilation

Fork of BA 9.46, balanced by committee

Moderator: Content Developer

CARTOUCHE

phoenix annihilation

Post by CARTOUCHE »

Phoenix Annihilation is a fork of BA 9.46.
The goal is to maintain and perfect balance in the best interest of competitive play.
The Balance Committee raise and vote on change requests. Approved changes are implemented by the development team.

Change requests can be discussed by the whole community:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Current Governor:
Cartouche

Deputy Governors:
[ACE]FabriceFABS
aleksey[HiGH]
[AFUS]Ares
[Sir]Grumpy
[ASA]CommanderSpice
[BoS]nixtux
[PinK]PtaQ
Vbs

Development Team:
[ASA]CommanderSpice
[BoS]nixtux
Last edited by CARTOUCHE on 01 Aug 2017, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Silentwings

Re: phoenix annihilation

Post by Silentwings »

I suggest that, once the balance committee marks a change as "accept", someone copy/pastes the description into a ticket on https://github.com/CommanderSpice/Phoenix-Annihilation, for consideration/attention of devs.

It's worth noting that a (very) small number of the changes listed there are actually engine bugs, and one of the others is very hard to implement, even for an experienced dev. I admit to being pleasantly surprised by the general sanity of the changes marked "accept", though.

At some point you may need to invent a filing system...
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

Is there a nice way to be able to suggest changes to the balance? Personally I don't have anything in mind at the moment, but I'm sure there would be poeple. A clear cut facility would be nice.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

CARTOUCHE wrote:Phoenix Annihilation is a fork of BA 9.46.
The goal is to maintain and perfect balance in the best interest of competitive play.
The Balance Committee raise and vote on change requests. Approved changes are implemented by the development team.
Democratic-like decision making is always tricky in game development. Unless the game changes proposals are going from one-two people with game vision and the committee is here just to... oh wait, to what, if there are people with vision :lol:

To be clear:
  • perfect balance
  • competitive gameplay
is almost the definition of no vision.

You cannot replace missing leadership in development by some commission. Any project based on compromises ends with impotent gameplay which will satisfy noone.

To find something positive: On the other hand if BA community starts to organize itself, it may be some investment to the future.
CARTOUCHE

Post by CARTOUCHE »

MasterBel2 wrote:Is there a nice way to be able to suggest changes to the balance? Personally I don't have anything in mind at the moment, but I'm sure there would be poeple. A clear cut facility would be nice.
To request changes you just have to make a post on the forum and discuss it with the committee
CommanderSpice

Post by CommanderSpice »

PepeAmpere wrote:Any project based on compromises ends with impotent gameplay which will satisfy noone.
I'd wager that any project is a project based on compromises.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

CommanderSpice wrote:
PepeAmpere wrote:Any project based on compromises ends with impotent gameplay which will satisfy noone.
I'd wager that any project is a project based on compromises.
Zen buddhists tricks. :mrgreen: I hope for people who want to understand my statement its clear what I mean and that you are not right. I distinguish between projects "based" on compromises and projects which take compromises as necessary fact of real world which noone can avoid. I'm muck-racking on any project which hides its vision-impotence behind shield of democratism. I'm not sure if this the case, but I see the classic symptoms.

Return to “Phoenix Annihilation”