Where to enter the email verification code?

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

GoliatSkipson

Revive my old account?

Post by GoliatSkipson »

Howdy!

I wanted to get back into playing some Spring games ... but I completely forgot my password.

There is another thread saying I should register a new account and ask for help with that. But apparently there is a new email verification process in place that does not like me.

When I register a new account in springlobby I receive an email with the verification code, but there is no prompt or field to enter it? I tried to send

Code: Select all

REGISTRATIONACCEPTED
manually, but the server responds with an insufficient rights message.

My old username should be the same as on the forum here: GoliatSkipson and I assume that all email addresses I could have used back then are still valid.

Any advice?
GoliatSkipson

Post by GoliatSkipson »

Howdy!

I tried to reactivate an old account of mine but forgot my password. It says here to create a new account and ask for help with that.

But after registering a throwaway account and receiving the verification code per mail there is no place to enter it, is there?

This is on Arch Linux, SpringLobby 0.269.
Silentwings

Re: Where to enter the email verification code?

Post by Silentwings »

receiving the verification code per mail there is no place to enter it, is there?
On your first login, in the same window as you accept the terms of service.

SL automatically attempts a login after you registered - which causes the right window to be displayed automatically. If you didn't see / closed it for some reason, just enter your new user/pass and try to login.
My old username should be the same as on the forum here: GoliatSkipson and I assume that all email addresses I could have used back then are still valid.
That account was last used in 2016 before email addresses were required, and it has no email address associated to it, or any significant ingame time. Since you've forgotten its password and created a new account, best to just continue with your new account (which you can rename, if wanted).

Also, please don't create multiple threads to ask the same question; I've merged your two together.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Can we finaly agree that these verification codes were not the smartest idea? Why can't people confirm registration just by clicking on a link in those emails?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Revive my old account?

Post by abma »

GoliatSkipson wrote: 25 May 2020, 16:57 REGISTRATIONACCEPTED
i didn't test it, but it looks like
CONFIRMAGREEMENT <registrationcode>
should be correct. very likely the field is not shown because you are using springlobvy <= 0.268.
GoliatSkipson

Post by GoliatSkipson »

Silentwings wrote: 26 May 2020, 14:21 Also, please don't create multiple threads to ask the same question; I've merged your two together.
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't notice the "your post is waiting for verification" message the first (and second) time.
abma wrote: 26 May 2020, 17:07 should be correct. very likely the field is not shown because you are using springlobvy <= 0.268.
I just checked again and Springlobby says it's version 0.269

Return to “SpringLobby Client”