Spring Lobby User Guide (first draft)

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

I've just completed this today and I'm looking for some feedback as to what people think of it. It's the first manual type thing I've ever created so I'm not expecting it to be perfect.

It's more aimed at beginners but I tried to cover absolutely everything, which may be an issue but I did it anyway ;)
SL Users Guide 2.pdf
Spring Lobby Users Guide
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 423 times
prandipadaro

Re: Spring Lobby User Guide (first draft)

Post by prandipadaro »

i like this project.
The voice "balance Team" try to equilibrate the teams using some information, I think using rank.
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

Very nice tutorial, TBH Ive never realized that SL has some of features shown there ;D. Keep the good work!
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

prandipadaro wrote:i like this project.
Thanks!
prandipadaro wrote:The voice "balance Team" try to equilibrate the teams using some information, I think using rank.
Yeah - but as opposed "Balance alliances" - I guess I'd have to see this in action to be 100% sure on what it does.
PtaQ wrote:Very nice tutorial, TBH Ive never realized that SL has some of features shown there ;D. Keep the good work!
There are countless things that I only found were there because I forced myself to write this. I'm really glad it could be helpful!
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

MasterBel2 wrote:I've just completed this today and I'm looking for some feedback as to what people think of it. It's the first manual type thing I've ever created so I'm not expecting it to be perfect.

It's more aimed at beginners but I tried to cover absolutely everything, which may be an issue but I did it anyway ;)

SL Users Guide 2.pdf

Tell me, MasterBel2, when you have read any software manual last time? With respect to you effort - do you think that (new) players are interested in reading of manual of "game" before they start to play?
ShockWave

Post by ShockWave »

PepeAmpere wrote:Tell me, MasterBel2, when you have read any software manual last time? With respect to you effort - do you think that (new) players are interested in reading of manual of "game" before they start to play?
Do they even know that this is a game? :lol:

He raised up the problem of the wall that prevents new players to join this game: the impossibility to start a game.

I agree that this is not the solution of the problem, anyway a documentation is
always useful, but is read after, by who needs extra informations.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

would be nice if you could update the wiki:

https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/wiki/Userdoc
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

PepeAmpere wrote:
MasterBel2 wrote:I've just completed this today and I'm looking for some feedback as to what people think of it. It's the first manual type thing I've ever created so I'm not expecting it to be perfect.

SL Users Guide 2.pdf

Tell me, MasterBel2, when you have read any software manual last time? With respect to you effort - do you think that (new) players are interested in reading of manual of "game" before they start to play?
ShockWave wrote:Do they even know that this is a game? :lol:
If you have any specific recocomendations, I'd love to hear them. No, I'm not particularly skilled in this field. @ShockWave are you saying I should tell the readers explicitely what SL is and is not? I had thought it would be okay to have that as assumed knowledge, but I guess it's important to put it in anway.
ShockWave

Post by ShockWave »

MasterBel2 wrote: If you have any specific recocomendations, I'd love to hear them. No, I'm not particularly skilled in this field. @ShockWave are you saying I should tell the readers explicitely what SL is and is not? I had thought it would be okay to have that as assumed knowledge, but I guess it's important to put it in anway.
I was talking about a generic problem, that a guide is read only when a player needs extra features.
But the problem is that new players, those who may need the guide, can't figure out why they haven't
installed any game.

The answer is quite straightforward for who knows that after 20 subtle commands, basically your whole guide,
you will finally start the game. :D

The problem is that "the game" is uninstalled before any other further action, a daily newbies' chat example:
"what's this ***? where is the game?"
"how to start a game please newbie help me"
"sorry i was looking for a game i dunno what i have installed"
"..."

Return to “SpringLobby Client”