SpringLobby 0.274 released! - Page 8

SpringLobby 0.274 released!

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.217 released!

Post by Jools »

It still doesn't find later engines than 98.0: http://i.imgur.com/eznISDR.png

Map downloads work but the download page doesn't show the correct status of download: map downloaded 100% but download page shows 27% : http://i.imgur.com/cWkGgI0.png

The manual download box is also confuding: if you just put the word "spring" there and click ok there is no feedback, nothing happens: http://imgur.com/zgSwegi
Silentwings

Re: SpringLobby 0.217 released!

Post by Silentwings »

Seems to run very smoothly with wx3.0 for me, nice work :)

@Jools: SL has a issue tracker for such things, https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/issues
abma
Spring Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.218 released!

Post by abma »

released SpringLobby 0.218 which is mostly a bugfix release. (and yes, please use the bugtracker as bug reports here easily get "lost"...)

https://github.com/springlobby/springlo ... /ChangeLog
darklord42

Post by darklord42 »

I have a question that no one has ever been able to give me an answer on the springlobby chat. At least no one ever responds.

You can use the springlobby download function to download the latest version of a project/game. That's great and all, but after a few months you have 32 versions of ZK in your games list. How do you clear old versions? Disappointingly, springlobby appears to save these games not a single sdz file, but spread across the ~/spring/pool folder in hundreds of incomprehensible cache files. Deleting your pool folder and starting over just to clean out your games-list is not a good solution, so what is?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Delete files in "packages".

Leave Pool alone.

Those incomprehensible folders and files you see allow you to download updates for games that are a few mb as opposed to several hundred. At this point, sd7/sdz as game containers is archaic.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Forboding Angel wrote: At this point, sd7/sdz as game containers is archaic.
Do we have a way to locally extract our package files? Otherwise no, they are not, if you don't know the repo, being able to grab either archive format is a good way to see the source.
gajop

Post by gajop »

smoth wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote: At this point, sd7/sdz as game containers is archaic.
Do we have a way to locally extract our package files? Otherwise no, they are not, if you don't know the repo, being able to grab either archive format is a good way to see the source.
We used to have it with rapid, but pr-downloader doesn't support it.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

gajop wrote:Do we have a way to locally extract our package files? Otherwise no, they are not, if you don't know the repo, being able to grab either archive format is a good way to see the source.
yes: https://springrts.com/wiki/RapidTools#MakeZip

no clue if it compiles on windows.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Ikinz compiled rapid for me a while back. Works fine.

Even so, you should not be using rapid to get game files, you should be using the version control systems in use.

Rapid is not a version control system, regardless of how much it might resemble one.
smoth

Post by smoth »

It does not resemble one at all but I might want that specific release. Not everyone does a check-in tagging each release. There are probably other reasons. Just because you don't see the use of something..
darklord42

Post by darklord42 »

packages folder is a little better, but A) you have no idea which ones go to which game. B) you could still have extra mb of data in pool, unless when updating, prdownloader also deletes files with data that is no longer used or have been replaced between updates. Which, seeing as older versions of the mod still work, I wouldn't presume to be the case. Springlobby needs to have a cleaner management system then digging through hidden folders. (not as easy on OSX)

Not to mention, in OSX, the springlobby dataDir menu option opens ~/.config/spring folder which isn't the folder where this stuff is stored (~/.spring)!

Which brings me to another thing: On OSX, we also have ~/Library/Preferences/.springlobby (Which, in-of-itself, is the wrong place. It should be ~/Library/Applications\ Support/Springlobby. No one needs hidden folders in a System Library Folder! And as it's a whole folder, and not a singe file, it belongs in ~/Library/Application\ Support)

But my point is, do we really need all these folders? If it were just two, one for spring and one for springlobby, that would be ok. But all these are used by springlobby and is a total mess.

TL:DR
We need:
-File management.
-Consolidation of user data files to one folder.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

rapid.7z
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

On OSX, we also have ... my point is, do we really need all these folders?
No idea about anything specific to OSX, but this is really a question for the operating system - they generally encourage applications to use the folders provided for them. We don't have many (any?) lobby devs using OSX so they'd probably be glad if you reported OSX issues to https://github.com/springlobby/springlobby/issues.
prdownloader also deletes files with data that is no longer used
This is impossible to do automatically, since prdl has no idea which files you want to use in the future. It would be nice to have a manual interface for it, though & iirc this is already on the SL or prdl issue tracker somewhere.
Consolidation of user data files to one folder.
This is impossible to do fully since devs need multiple datadirs and multiple spring installs. Some users also want the option, especially those with more than one hard disk. But I don't know to what extent the current folder structure could be simplified. I think Spring 99.0 will clean up the issue of multiple config files a bit.
albator

Re: SpringLobby 0.219 released!

Post by albator »

2.19 is much better than 2.01, thanks !

Since

libwxgtk2.8-dev is not enough but libwxgtk2.9-dev is now needed but not available on ubuntu based distribution, you should update the building instruction to

libwxgtk3.0-dev

Some note I would add:

If something went wrong in checking the dependencies, once you get them all right, untar the archive and try to configure and make on a clean directory.

Another thing:

make -j

crashed my system (memory leak > 10Go ram)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

make -j

crashed my system (memory leak > 10Go ram)
thats no memory "leak". your computer isn't powerful enough to run this many instances of gcc in parallel.
smoth

Post by smoth »

when I am typing in chat and move my mouse away from the chat over battleroom, it looses focus and stops typing.

the alternating colors on the names has too strong a contrast, is there a setting for the colors. Ideally I want to just make their backgrounds white, failing that i can always just make the alternating colors lower in contrast.
smoth

Post by smoth »

also any moved subwindows acting funny, were shuffling around:

Before spring lobby was restarted
afterwards

Seems to have stopped after redoing them about four times. Not sure of the cause but as always I report what I can see.

Also I have this showing up
Attachments
5-16-2015 9-18-43 AM.jpg
(139.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
5-16-2015 9-19-18 AM.jpg
(135.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
5-16-2015 9-21-51 AM.jpg
(32.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

I have this problem since this morning:

http://picpaste.com/crashSpringlobby-ugvFnLWz.jpg

MK
albator

Post by albator »

I had the "OnUserJoinedBattle()" problem as well today. I try to recompile/ clean .springlobby and reinstall : cannot get ride of it.

Maybe due to a unbuntu base upgrade. Anyway, the pop up never ends and make it impossible to play, I am back to an older version (2.01)
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

To Springlobby developers:

What about to write a script to make a QA over the very basic stuffs related to the lobby after some update (downdate) ?

MK

Return to “SpringLobby Client”