Ok, I'm tired of this crap (Springlobby)

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Things I've reported that never get touched...

Replays, moving your mouse over a certain portion of the list will cause SL to crash. MAJOR BUG

The fucking reporter for spring crashes crashes SpringLobby. MAJOR BUG

Are you guys EVER going to implement the pool format? It certainly isn't freaking minor! Some of us don't particularly care for releasing 300mb game files just because we tweaked a unit stat!

Jesus, what the hell do we have to do to get decent lobby for spring?

You guys wonder why the community doesn't grow? Probably because the current lobbies (:I decided to be nice here:) are not up to snuff!
Gota

Re: Ok, I'm tired of this crap (Springlobby)

Post by Gota »

Not sure if raging is gonna help you much.
I use SD + TASClient...it works although its really dumb having to have 2 lobbies working side by side..
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Gota wrote:Not sure if raging is gonna help you much.
Well reporting isn't doing much good either, so I'm using the tried and true method.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Forboding Angel wrote:Well reporting isn't doing much good either, so I'm using the tried and true method.
Did you seriously just post this _after_ I've told you on lobby that this is the first report of the report-upload crash I got?
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Forboding Angel wrote:Jesus, what the hell do we have to do to get decent lobby for spring?

You guys wonder why the community doesn't grow? Probably because the current lobbies (:I decided to be nice here:) are not up to snuff!
spring has the best lobbies ever ... give me one single game with a better lobby ?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I posted it anon on your SL bug trackers over a month ago.

See, if I make a new map, or I'm testing something in evo that is unstable and I use SL to do it, if spring crashes SL crashes. Do you have any idea how incredibly annoying/frustrating that gets?

@satirik, off the top of my head. RUSE, and pretty much most other commercial games out there. DOW2 had a pretty sweet lobby.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Forboding Angel wrote:I posted it anon on your SL bug trackers over a month ago.

See, if I make a new map, or I'm testing something in evo that is unstable and I use SL to do it, if spring crashes SL crashes. Do you have any idea how incredibly annoying/frustrating that gets?

@satirik, off the top of my head. RUSE, and pretty much most other commercial games out there. DOW2 had a pretty sweet lobby.
i've never seen a single good commercial lobby, NOT A SINGLE ONE, did't play ruse but im sure it sux it just can't be good, a fullscreen opengl lobby can't be good, and most games have that
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Forboding Angel wrote:I posted it anon on your SL bug trackers over a month ago.
I cannot find it.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Honestly, I've just switched to using the SD lobby app. Not perfect, but it works.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Not sure why everyone is so hard for TAS, it's really lame running two lobbies side-by-side, and multiple window and fucking COURIER as the default font(not sure if you can change that?).

SL isn't perfect either, but I still don't understand why everyone gets so angsty when SL is mentioned, is it just because it's the default lobby that downloads? :roll:
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

people use springlobby? I thought it was an april fools joke
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Yeah, im tired too, why can nobody just focus on making a working piece of product, instead of adding new crap just to grow the changelog?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Hobo Joe wrote:SL isn't perfect either, but I still don't understand why everyone gets so angsty when SL is mentioned, is it just because it's the default lobby that downloads? :roll:
It's not "the" default, it's one of two lobby clients that come with the spring installer. The other is SD.
TradeMark wrote:Yeah, im tired too, why can nobody just focus on making a working piece of product, instead of adding new crap just to grow the changelog?
Because it's fun to make you mad.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

I am using SL but it seems to be crashing alot (50% of the time or more) when downloading a map. At first I thought it was the sheer speed at which I was downloading the maps that caused the problem (while monitoring this it seems to crash when hitting 50Mbits or higher). Havent tried limiting DL speed though. Apparently many people who use SL have this problem, who tried to analyse this problem (instead of changing client)?

Return to “SpringLobby Client”