SpringLobby - Page 21

SpringLobby

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Soul

Re: SpringLobby

Post by Soul »

/*
My lobby used to work but i tried it now and it wont start.
I ran it in terminal and i got this output:
*/

10:00:16 PM: OnInit ( )
10:00:16 PM: _LoadMapInfoExCache ( )
10:00:16 PM: FreeUnitSyncLib ( )
10:00:16 PM: LoadUnitSyncLib ( )
10:00:16 PM: Loading from: /usr/local/lib/spring/unitsync.so
The program 'springlobby' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
(Details: serial 185 error_code 11 request_code 148 minor_code 5)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

/*
When i do the "--sync" on the lobby the same message apears so no help there.

Thx in advance.
*/

// Edited bacause i was annoyed with my choice of words.
Relative

Post by Relative »

So I wasn't the only one, that's good to know. The cause seems to be related to the recent x-server update that was part of this mourning batch of updates on ubuntu. I talked it through with Brain and Semi, but we couldn't debug it.
Relative

Post by Relative »

The bug was already filed on Ubuntu launchpad and the patch has already been submitted. Just run the update manager and reboot or restart x and you're off!

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/183969
Soul

Post by Soul »

Thx, i have downgraded it now using:

wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/9590664/x ... 8_i386.deb
dpkg -i xserver-xorg-core_1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8_i386.deb

this might not be the right thing tho :wink: but hang in there ill check in later.

I will restart later since i don't have time atm, ill be back and either post a new reply or edit this one once i have.
Last edited by Soul on 19 Jan 2008, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Relative

Post by Relative »

FYI, ubuntu8 and ubuntu8.2 are exactly the same as ubuntu8.2 was is just a rollback. So you're safe to update.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Relative wrote:FYI, ubuntu8 and ubuntu8.2 are exactly the same as ubuntu8.2 was is just a rollback. So you're safe to update.
If its the same does it rly matter which one i got?
Since my manager is slow and will most likely not get the 8.2 before Monday or something i think ill stay with 8.

I suppose i could work around the manager and get the 8.2 , but as i said "does it rly matter"?
Relative

Post by Relative »

It doesn't, I was just letting you know. Btw, you can set when your updater checks for updates (may explain slowness, eg: if set to check once a week) and you can check manually.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Ye the previous lines i posted fixed things after a restart/reboot.
Everything seams to be working properly now.
bashar

Post by bashar »

Hello all,

where can I would like to set the mouse scroll speed upper than 10 but I can't through springsettings...So im looking for the file where settings are saved but I can't find it....Could u help me? I use ubuntu 7.10 64bits.

Tx

Edit : got it, .springrc
brathering

Post by brathering »

Hello,
I used to run springlobby-0.0.1.1008 on Gentoo. Now the ebuild got updated (1.10112) and my lobby crashes in 1/10 times while starting up.
I tried 1.10125 and 1.10128 with same result.

If the lobby starts correctly, I can join battles, but it may crash after some minutes with same error.

Code: Select all

12:09:20: UPDATEBATTLEINFO 4798 0 0 72712620 EE-RiverGlade-v02.smf
12:09:20: OnBattleInfoUpdated (  )
12:09:20: MapExists (  )
12:09:20: JOINEDBATTLE 4798 cicero2
12:09:20: OnUserJoinedBattle (  )
12:09:20: BATTLEOPENED 4799 0 0 bisc 124.170.40.235 8452 2 0 0 -1268202973 2B4-Core-Proto-Planelefield V2.smf   ONLY NOOBS KTHXBYE      Balanced Annihilation V6.1
12:09:20: OnBattleOpened (  )
12:09:20: MapExists (  )
12:09:20: ModExists ( modname = "Balanced Annihilation V6.1" )
12:09:20: GetModIndex ( name = "Balanced Annihilation V6.1" )
12:09:20: UPDATEBATTLEINFO 4833 0 0 -1635993119 Small Supreme Battlefield V2.smf
12:09:20: OnBattleInfoUpdated (  )
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  BattleList_Iter::GetBattle(): no such battle
10053r

Post by 10053r »

I posted this in the springlobby bug tracker also, but switching virtual desktops under ubuntu gutsy gibbon often (but not always) causes springlobby to crash. I'd say it happens somewhere around 20% of the time. This is a problem, because I like to keep my web browser and springlobby on different virtual desktops and I often surf the web or download maps while I am waiting for a good game. Springlobby usually crashes at least once per time I am trying to get into a game.
brathering

Post by brathering »

Solved.

Problem were wxwidgets. I had versions 2.6 and 2.8 installed. On Gentoo you have to use eselect to choose which version you want to compile with. And don't forget to reconfigure after the switch.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I get this from terminal when spring lobby exits when i try to host.

unitsync: Unitsync assertion failed: tools/unitsync/unitsync.cpp:894: Array index out of bounds. Call GetPrimaryModCount before GetPrimaryModArchive.
springlobby: tools/unitsync/unitsync.cpp:894: const char* GetPrimaryModArchive(int): Assertion `(unsigned)index < modData.size()' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
And the about button doesn't work. Frakkin annoying when you want to see what version your using!
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Springlobby now has integrated map and mod downloads using Licho's torrent system (and http mirrors).

Windows people can just get http://www.springlobby.info/windows/spr ... -win32.zip
(and possibly the dll-pack when using a pre 0.0.1.10224 or fresh install)

For the Linux folks:
none of our distro packages include the needed torrent library as of yet. If you want the feature you will have to compile from source or bug Yokozar (deb) / [eXe]Agon (rpm).
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I downloaded that for testing. (using windows XP)

Heres what came in my mind:
1) make some setup.txt file and tell in that file to move all files directly in spring folder to make this program work. (or tell them to move all DLL files from spring folder to the springlobby folder) (or then just download that dlls.zip)...
2) include SDL_Mixer.dll in the zip. (if using the tactic above) (which i recommend for noob users. (no need to think what files to dl and etc, just unzip and GO, thats the best way, and that it should be.)
3) dont ask to download ota content if you already have it.
4) rename those extensionless files into .txt ? (we are noobs remember, noobs dont know how to open such files. "wtf my double click doesnt work! it doesnt open!").
5) optimize minimap reader, it freezes my computer when i select different game with different map. maybe save the minimaps into computer harddrive and read from there later?

edit: i think that white screen bug was because of different DLL versions, im using the dlls.zip now, and i cant get that bug anymore.

Would it be possible to use same DLL's as spring uses? so its easier to install, and less to download.

Edit2: i still get that white screen bug :S sometimes when i say something in chat, the chat screen becomes white, and i can get it normal again when i scroll the chat window.
it seems like to happen only in those chat windows which have a scrollbar to scroll the text.
Agon

Post by Agon »

koshi wrote:Springlobby now has integrated map and mod downloads using Licho's torrent system (and http mirrors).

Windows people can just get http://www.springlobby.info/windows/spr ... -win32.zip
(and possibly the dll-pack when using a pre 0.0.1.10224 or fresh install)

For the Linux folks:
none of our distro packages include the needed torrent library as of yet. If you want the feature you will have to compile from source or bug Yokozar (deb) / [eXe]Agon (rpm).
Updated packages.
Torrent system support:
openSUSE 10.2, 10.3, 11.0, Factory
Fedora 7
Sound support:
openSUSE/Suse 10.2, 10.3, 11.0, Factory

The rest has no sound/torrent support.

Note:
I dropped SUSE Linux 10.0/10.1 and Fedora 6 support due it's age.
openSuse 11.0 packages are now available.

Currently I'm trying to get most of the packages from different distributions to compile. The problem is not every distribution has all required packages. So I need to create the required packages. This takes time and does not work for all distributions.
Besides I have only experience in openSuse distributions.
So any help is welcome.
Also I'm trying to support Fedora 7,8,9 for replacement of 6.
But this has low priority.
Lion-Simba

Post by Lion-Simba »

Hi!

Just curious, which russian translation is used for SpringLobby 0.0.1.10422 (Ubuntu Hardy), available from launchpad ppa?
I've compared some strings in lobby with strings in russian _launchpad_ translation and found out that translation being used is not from the launchpad. So, where is it from?

I think that using launchpad translation is much more reliable, because it observed by _many_ russians.

As for current translation used in SpringLobby, there are some mistakes and I basically don't know, who is responsible for it.

Thanks!
onezeno

Post by onezeno »

Installing in Ubuntu 9.04, I get an error. I run these commands:

git clone git://github.com/springlobby/springlobby.git
cmake -DOPTION_SOUND=OFF -DOPTION_TORRENT_SYSTEM=OFF .
make 
make install
At 100% of install command I get the error:

-- Install configuration: ""
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot find file
  "/...../springlobby/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/springlobby.mo"
  to install.

make: *** [install] Error 1

/...../springlobby/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES is empty. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

There are packages for jaunty available as per http://springlobby.info/wiki/springlobby/Install#Ubuntu
I've just updated that page for jaunty, but the packages have been available since shortly after the jaunty release.

As for the cmake error, the translations subsystem isn't exactly stable in current master. We do have some fixes, but they're not released yet.

I'm curious btw, how did you come by the github repository? We don't exactly advertise that anywhere and it's not kept up-to-date automatically (yet). The "right" repo to clone from would be git://springlobby.info/git/buildbot/springlobby.git
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

also, you could start springlobby from the build-dir, after make, without doing a make install.

Return to “SpringLobby Client”