SpringLobby - Page 22

SpringLobby

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

onezeno

Re: SpringLobby

Post by onezeno »

I goggled 'git springlobby', although it's entirely possible it was 'springlobby git' :wink: I'm trying to tinker with the Java AI Interface, and Hoijui said the development version supported that (the latest release seems not to). I just tried the git repo you provided and got the same error. What's the best way for me to get a working lobby that supports the new AI interfaces?
onezeno

Post by onezeno »

Good call Hoijui. that worked just fine. :-)

This version from git is 1.10448, which is the same version as when I downloaded the tarball from springlobby.info and installed. Does this version support the Java AIs, because I don't have the two NullJava AIs listed in the lobby.

My Java works and my datadir seems includes the proper directories.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I don't think there are any AI related changes between latest release and development. For latest you want to clone either BrainDamage's or my repo (http://springlobby.info/wiki/springlobby/Git)

Afaik SL should pick up on any new AI stuff if unitsync reports it's capable. Meaning you'll need a development version of the engine as well
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

also make sure that the springlobby you start has the correct unitsync set under Options - Spring (ie., the one of latest development spring).

you should even see the Java AIs if you do not have java installed at all, it would just fail later, when the game is starting.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Woot Springlobby.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

:shock:
onezeno

Post by onezeno »

You were right Hoijui: the Javas became available when I changed the libsync. Also, the Springlobby release version does seem to support the Java the same as the development copy. I didn't realize that I could launch Spring outside of the lobby, so now I can't blame errors on the lobby anymore :wink:

I still have trouble launching AIs, but I'll post that elsewhere.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Hey guys, can you implement replay upload in SpringLobby like it was in TASClient before?

Heres all information needed to do that:

Code: Select all

URL to send the POST data:
http://replays.adune.nl/?act=upload&do=upload&secretzon=lamafaarao

POST variables:
(upload file path) = tiedosto
(lobby nick name) = postdata[lobbynick]
(replay description (optional)) = postdata[description]

On success:
1) first 7 bytes will be "SUCCESS"
2) after 7 bytes comes 1 space
3) after 1 space comes the URL where the replay can be seen, length is the rest of the page size
Example output: "SUCCESS http://replays.adune.nl/?6789" (without quotes)

On failure:
1) first 7 bytes will be "FAILURE"
2) after 7 bytes comes 1 space
3) after 1 space comes the error string, length is the rest of the page size
Example output: "FAILURE This replay already exists with ID: 6789" (without quotes)

Prefer to contact TradeMark on the forums or in the lobby if unknown errors occurs
Note that the replays site supports zipped archives now, (zip, not 7zip :p) if you want, you could also zip the replay before uploading, would reduce the uploading time a lot. You can zip only one replay in one archive.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

sure, might take a while before we get to it
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Brain Damage wrote:sure, might take a while before we get to it
Would be a great feature though thats for sure!
NeOmega

Post by NeOmega »

Two ideas, to battle smurfs and trolls:

1: A rep system through the lobby

After someone has played a game, they get the ability to give a reputation point to one person, with the rep givers hours played rank counting as points, (ie a private could give one point, a ghost could give 8)

A part B: to this would be the players rep points would count towards their voting power.

2: Rank and TS determine first choice in color, once "veteran" is reached.

This would encourage players not to smurf.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

1. is already implemented: ingame time = rank. sadly its mostly not used by autohosts.

also you bumped a 5 years old thread, i've locked it.

please use http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31224 or a new thread as your topic seems to be not directly depend on springlobby.

Return to “SpringLobby Client”