SpringLobby - Page 11

SpringLobby

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

semi

Post by semi »

EDIT: killed post with links to old site. Current site is http://springlobby.info
Last edited by semi on 17 Aug 2007, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
chlue

Post by chlue »

Ok I am comming so far

Comandhistory:
svn checkout http://tc.serveftp.net/svn/springlobby/trunk springlobby
cd springlobby/
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

make crashes with error 2. This is the output of a second make run:

Code: Select all

x@chlue:~/install/games/spring/springlobby$ make
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/x/install/games/spring/springlobby'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA  -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -MT springlobbyapp.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/springlobbyapp.Tpo -c -o springlobbyapp.o `test -f 'src/springlobbyapp.cpp' || echo './'`src/springlobbyapp.cpp
src/springlobbyapp.cpp: In member function ‘void SpringLobbyApp::InitDirs()’:
src/springlobbyapp.cpp:91: warning: ‘wxPathExists’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.6/wx/filefn.h:472)
src/springlobbyapp.cpp:91: warning: ‘wxPathExists’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.6/wx/filefn.h:472)
src/springlobbyapp.cpp:92: error: ‘LPATH_SEP’ was not declared in this scope
src/springlobbyapp.cpp:93: warning: ‘wxPathExists’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.6/wx/filefn.h:472)
src/springlobbyapp.cpp:93: warning: ‘wxPathExists’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/wx-2.6/wx/filefn.h:472)
make[1]: *** [springlobbyapp.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/x/install/games/spring/springlobby'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
I am running Debian64 Testing. wx-widgets 2.6.3 is the newest version in debian.

Any hints where to look?
tc-
Lobby Developer

Post by tc- »

I think this problem is fixed in latest svn, just run svn update and try again.
chlue

Post by chlue »

tc- wrote:I think this problem is fixed in latest svn, just run svn update and try again.
Yes now it compiles flawless.

The sad thing is, it does not seem to work.
config/connect: work
chat: work
hosting: not found (i assume not implemented)
join: does not work. game starts, but instead of connecting to the target system it starts a local game and switched my name to the name of the person who was hosting.
Maybe

MyPlayerNum=0;
was set wrong? I expected 1. (If you need the complete script_springlobby.txt I can upload it.)
Additionall the lobby seems not to catch mapchanges of the host.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

in computing the first number is zero not one.

array[0] preceeds array[1]

Another minor thing is that there're two zero values possible, a positive and negative zero.

So if spring was fed players starting with PLAYER1 it would crash trying to find player 0.
chlue

Post by chlue »

I am aware, that indexing arrays usually starts with 0, but Player0 was the host while I was Player1 and spring assumed I was host. So I suspect that the number should be 1.

MyPlayerNum=0;

NumPlayers=2;
	NumTeams=2;
	NumAllyTeams=2;

[PLAYER0]
	{
		name=host;
		Spectator=0;
		team=0;
	}
	[PLAYER1]
	{
		name=chlue;
		Spectator=0;
		team=1;
	}
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

indeed you are correct.
tc-
Lobby Developer

Post by tc- »

Thanks for reporting, I will check it out and see what the problem is.

Edit: Should be fixed in latest svn.
semi

Post by semi »

AF wrote:in computing the first number is zero not one.

array[0] preceeds array[1]
It's not that simple. Whether 0 is the first index for an array is judged case by case. There are some languages where the first index is 1.

In this case it is a matter of spring script.txt protocol definition to tell which it should be, there is no "default" value.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I speak from a computer engineering point of view rather than a computer language point of view.

So in which case the first value is always zero, regardless of the language. It just happens that some languages decrement these things when compiled for the sake of appearing more user friendly and natural to the programmer.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

AF wrote:I speak from a computer engineering point of view rather than a computer language point of view.

So in which case the first value is always zero, regardless of the language. It just happens that some languages decrement these things when compiled for the sake of appearing more user friendly and natural to the programmer.
And then messing it up for everyone else.

I would prefer to always have 0 as the start.

I mean -1, 0, 1

You wouldn't just miss out 0 would you.
Rudirogdt

Post by Rudirogdt »

-- LoadUnitSyncLib( ): : Loading from: /usr/local/share/games/spring/unitsync.so
!! LoadUnitSyncLib( ): : Couldn't load the unitsync library
!! LoadUnitSyncLib( ): : libpython2.5.so.1.0: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht ├â┬Âffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

:(
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

Rudirogdt wrote:-- LoadUnitSyncLib( ): : Loading from: /usr/local/share/games/spring/unitsync.so
!! LoadUnitSyncLib( ): : libpython2.5.so.1.0: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht ├â┬Âffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
anticipating i don't know german, what i read there is "cannot load shared object libpython2.5.so.1.0"

do you have the python 2.5 libs installed?
Rudirogdt

Post by Rudirogdt »

Brain Damage wrote:
Rudirogdt wrote:-- LoadUnitSyncLib( ): : Loading from: /usr/local/share/games/spring/unitsync.so
anticipating i don't know german, what i read there is "cannot load shared object libpython2.5.so.1.0"

do you have the python 2.5 libs installed?
apparently not *embarrassment*. totally didnt see that ^^

will take a while till gentoo has it in the portage tree...
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

I'll be willing to make Debian/Ubuntu packages of this if you guys make a release
tc-
Lobby Developer

Post by tc- »

A new windows binary has been released. As usual I would like to point out that it's a very early test realease :-) There is probably still some bugs in the start scripts but I think most bugs have been sorted out by now.

It can be found here:
http://tc.serveftp.net/trac/wiki/Install
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'll try to get you some feedback when I can.
malric

Post by malric »

The lobby crashes if you try to join a game and you do not have the map. Here is a patch that fixes that:

http://ce.et.tudelft.nl/~vladms/spring/ ... tch0.patch

General question. As you have a trac would you want to post patches there ? :D (I would assume yes, but right now I am a bit lazy so I just ask)
tc-
Lobby Developer

Post by tc- »

malric: Thanks fo the patch :-) Yeah, preferably you add a ticket to trac and then if you have a patch just attach it. But this works too :-)
Agon

Post by Agon »

Can you include a plugin interface? Maybe for another language, lua or what I prefer mono.
If you would do this I would join the team and help on the plugin system or integration on other languages.

Return to “SpringLobby Client”