Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 294

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Argh

Re: Random WIP

Post by Argh »

I love it. Take it and refine it a bit, emphasizing the "creature" aspect. The lower bit might be expendable, just because we won't see it often in a RTS, but it's a creative creature design, go for it :-)
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Hello :)

Good stuff around here :) I especially like Beherith's kbots :)

WIP of a units pack I'm starting to do, to hopefully make BA2 (one day :roll: )

200-1000 tris, 256x256/512x512 color maps.

some of the textures are not totally done, and some models will be tweaked :)

Black is team color. I decided to put yellow glows on every building that produces/stores energy to quickly identify eco buildings in game so don't worry if it's very yellowish atm, it's only eco buildings here :D.

Constant color scheme (blueish) and shapes (symmetrical) were also in my mind to put differences between arm/core.

It still lacks of animated parts, I seriously need to force myself to put some on the next models :twisted:

I have some troubles to make .lua animation scripts to put them ingame. If someone can tell me how to do a looping animation in the idle state, like moving up and down, I'd be glad thanks :-)

Hope you like it,
bye
Last edited by Cremuss on 02 Jun 2010, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

Cremuss wrote:Hello :)

Good stuff around here :) I especially like Beherith's kbots :)

WIP of a units pack I'm starting to do, to hopefully make BA2 (one day :roll: )

200-1000 tris, 256x256/512x512 color maps.

some of the textures are not totally done, and some models will be tweaked :)

Black is team color. I decided to put yellow glows on every building that produces/stores energy to quickly identify eco buildings in game so don't worry if it's very yellowish atm, it's only eco buildings here :D.

Constant color scheme (blueish) and shapes (symmetrical) were also in my mind to put differences between arm/core.

It still lacks of animated parts, I seriously need to force myself to put some on the next models :twisted:

I have some troubles to make .lua animation scripts to put them ingame. If someone can tell me how to do a looping animation in the idle state, like moving up and down, I'd be glad thanks :-)

Hope you like it,
bye
why I still check these forums once in a while.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Cremuss wrote:Awesome stuff
Nice work, as always. :-)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Nice...
What faction is that though?
Those models don't seem to be in the same style as your previous models for TA.
Is this core or ARM? and if you don't mind what are your visual guidelines for creating core and arm units?
This is important since others are making models as well and the more everyone works by similar guidelines the bigger chances all the units will fit in better and create a unison visual theme.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

holy crap, sex, i like these edges without paint
Masure

Post by Masure »

Cremuss' art posts are my sunshine.

What if BA players paid Cremuss for a complete unit set remodelling ? He said he started earning money with this activity.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I like that you've changed proportions somewhat, looking forward to seeing more
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Thanks guys :-)

Gota > It's arm. Yes it's a new style and that's why I restarted from scratch. I know that I'm pretty far from the original TA style but that was my goal too :wink:

Visual guidelines ? euh.. I did not think about core yet, but here is what I had in mind for Arm :
- blueish theme color
- symmetrical and angular shapes
- clean look, no dirt, no scratch, little edge highlight
- yellow glows on buildings that stores/produces energy
- Stay close to basic building shape for advanced buildings (like energy stor/adv energy stor)

For core it'll probably be something like that :
- redish/yellowish theme color
- asymmetrical and round shapes
- maybe a little more dirt and scratch, strong edges highlight

I agree with you that artist should work together in order to make homogeneous models but I don't really want to impose my style either ^^

Masure > lol. Making things for spring is a hobby for me, I don't want to make this a job ;) (even if jobs I get are boring and very low paid :mrgreen: )

cya
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

so what do i see:
-solar and wind plant
-energystorage (+adv.?)
-metalstorage (+adv?)
-kbot-lab (+lvl2 at the down-right?)
-vehicle-lab (+lvl2 at left?)

what are the 2 other buildings?
Masure

Post by Masure »

Cremuss >

Everybody agrees your style rocks and is consistant. So no matter if you give guidelines.

I'd personaly be glad to pay to have quality BA remodels. Being a hobby doesn't avoid to be profitable.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

manolo_ wrote:so what do i see:
-solar and wind plant
-energystorage (+adv.?)
-metalstorage (+adv?)
-kbot-lab (+lvl2 at the down-right?)
-vehicle-lab (+lvl2 at left?)

what are the 2 other buildings?
I don't think those are labs.

I see:
solar, wind(duh)
energy/metal storage + adv (yellow columns = E, horizontal tubes = M)

and then the orange glow things, and the yellow arch things, and the yellow box things - each in regular and mega form.

I assume the orange glow things are either mexes or makers (regular + moho) and the arches and boxes are fusions and geos (regular and mega). I would assume the boxy ones are geos and the arch ones are fusions, although the sizes are wrong... fusions should be bigger than geos, since they cost more.

And I have no clue what the tall thing is.

Did I get it?
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

I'm guessing that's an adv. solar.

Love the models, the only ons I'm iffy about is the M storage, because from a gameplay perspective I think the shape and size of the original one is kinda important.

They still rock though, I'm just scared of my precious OTA style being changed. ._.
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

solar
wind
red glowing buildings are mex + adv mex
top-left block shape is geotherm and top-right bigger block shape is the adv geotherm.
tower is supposed to be a solar tower (adv solar)
2 round shape at bottom-left are metal maker (energy convertor) + adv metal maker
bottom-right are metal stor + adv metal stor
2 buildings left (vertical cylinder with yellow glows) are energy stor + adv energy stor

and the winner is.. no one :mrgreen:

model size need to be fixed for some of them.
next are : fusion + adv fusion + T1 factories

Hobo Joe > Fitting the old OTA style is very restrictive. I prefer making new models than just improving old ones :-)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

mkay, so no labs :D cant wait to see the animations
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

up with cremuss! down with OTA! and damn you for making my models look horrid by comparison!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

People would be sorely dissapointed if TA 2 was just TA 1 with some extra polygons
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

AF wrote:People would be sorely dissapointed if TA 2 was just TA 1 with some extra polygons
You mean you will be... And anything with Spring is hugely different from TA anyways. Everything has been already changed EXCEPT the models :regret:

Though it cannot be too similar to any game using old models, with remakes like that. Unit sizes are different, solar doesnt fold in (i think?), firepoints will be assigned to different places, barrels are diff length... Everything will work a bit different and theres no way around it when using new models. And for that reason I might prefer for BA (&others) to stay as they are, or with very faithful remake models - to preserve the gameplay, so it's always possible to play a game like that as well.

Then make a brand new game with these new style models, though I wont mind if it's mostly built on the balance of an existing TA mod. Then you have more liberty to add some unit, remove others, and make some other slight changes.
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

bob:
Argh

Post by Argh »

That is quite cute.

Return to “Art & Modelling”